Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes i agree a private transfer is usually alot quicker but it seems Icmeler online are charging people their going rate for what most think are private taxi transfers only to be greeted with a minibus full of passengers who have also payed full rate.This just doesnt seem right especially as you can go elsewhere and get taxi transfers for your own group for a little cheaper.
Not trying to slate Icmeler Online i am just stating things by what i have been told and read.
I agree no one minds paying and knowingly sharing a transfer but we paid so we didn't have to hang around at the airport for the travel company coach but we still had to wait 40 mins!! We'd paid £90. When i spoke to John he didn't seem aware that these "private" transfers are shared but Diane you seem to confirm this and i know you use them a lot. Something needs to change. You either used shared buses and prices are surely reduced or private transfers. You cannot charge private transfer rate then expect you to share with several parties, especially if you have to wait for another flight.
Hi Lawrence

Getting back on topic to your question depending on how many of you are travelling you could just get a normal taxi from airport to Icmeler costs about £45.
Jojouk. Icmelertravelcentre charge £90 return transfare to Icmeler from Dalaman.
Everyone keeps talking about private transfares, I have just been on Icmeleronline website and clicked on transfares, and not once is the word private transfare used.
When asking for a quote and the reply is £90 this is what I would expect to pay be it 1 person or 4,now if a taxi arrives to pick me up only 4 people can travel, but if a 16 seater mini bus comes to pick up I would not mind others being picked up also and I would expect these other groups to pay the Transfare cost of £90 as well.

I do think though that waiting for another flight to arrive ie the 40 minutes stated is not acceptable, but people off the same flights or flights landing at the same time I see no problem.

Just my opinion of course, so dont start firing bullets

Gene
Redrhino12

When my friend booked with Icmeler Online she was told it was a taxi transfer for just her family,but what actually turned up was a minibus with loads of other people getting in as well.
If it was me who had booked it i would of kicked up a real fuss.At least she has found a reliable transfer service now with Icmeler Travel Center and they are £10 cheaper at £80 not £90.
  • Edited by jojouk 2006-07-16 20:29:23
Thanks for all your replies. I used Orange Car Hire last year and the cost was only £60 return and it was a private taxi. I'm not sure if they go to Icmeler though. I just don't fancy the dreaded package coach transfer :yikes
Laurence
I did a return transfare with Icmelertravelcentre on the 28th May returning on the 12th June, the cost of this was £90, if your friend is getting it for £80 so be it but I paid £90.
The transfare was by mini bus and it was indeed a good effcient service

I knew I shoulnt have got involved when people have conflicts of opinions.

Gene
From what it seems John doesnt know that IOL are doing these 'private' transfers as 'shared' - He has always referred to his service as 'private' in his posts - so sure he will kick some butt when he sees the above comments

LA
Sorry H/T but who minds sharing a taxi or mini bus? If we are all going to the same resort, i cant see any problems. Just be lucky we are going, i am :lol: Happy Hols Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i dont think its a case of sharing its a case of thinking you are paying for a private transfer when thats not what your getting

normally shared minibuses work out cheaper but to be charged for a private transfer and then share is not on

its only natural to expect to get what you're paying for
Just dropped by to say that we hear what you are saying. When transfer services first got announced by Icmeleronline.com, the transfers were private as in if you booked it for 4 people, there would only be your party in the transfer bus. This was the case between 2002 and 2004. The phrase `private transfers` got removed after 2004 and the prices only gone up a month ago after 5 years. There has been a great deal of confusion moving from private transfers to shared transfers and if there are still people out there who believe did not get the service they paid for, then do contact us and we will do our best to satisfy you one way or another as we always have done.
About 40 minute wait at the airport, I agree that this is not acceptable so whoever this happened to please contact us as soon as possible and we will fix it right away. Not out to get credits but there are many times where our drivers will wait at the airport whether your flight gets delayed for and hour or 11 hours. In this case, at least we do not leave the customers to their destiny at the airport or charge extra for waiting for them like some other companies.

When making comparisons between companies and their prices: Please take notice of what services are offered by each company, icmeleronline may NOW be 10 pound more expensive than the other??? or is much cheaper than some others (which can be proven) but yet to know a company who offers you free drinks on board or the video to watch to make your journey as relaxing as possible, and definitely havent seen any company handing you a welcome package with tea and milk so you dont have to shop around as soon as your get to your place of stay.

Maybe we are just looking at things from different angles, I see where you are coming from and that is why I kindly ask anyone who has had problems with transfers to come back to us by e mail and let us know of things that may have bothered them, in return I kindly ask that, you look at things from a different angle too before you go ripping the back out of a company that works very hard to serve you in the nicest way possible, a company that did not increase their prices for 5 years when the fuel went up or the pound value went down.

Anyhow, we will continue to work as hard as we can to continually improve our services so any form of feedback is much appreciated whether it be for or against us.

Rami
ICR Travel
Icmeleronline.com
Hi Rami, This will be our third year to Marmaris and have always used the tour operator coach but wouldn't mind trying a private transfer. However if we were a party of ten the transfer would only cost £160 which is £16 per person,our party of four the cost is £90, but then if when we arrive at the aiport to find another six people using the same transport as us why should it cost anymore than the £160, see where I'm comming from.After reading all the reviews on here you run a good company and come highly reccommended.Only another four weeks and we will be in Marmaris :lol: Maggie
So do you still charge a couple(2 people) £90 for a return shared transfer??

LA
Rami, good to see your reply. I was the one who waited 40 minutes for another party, as their flight was delayed. I must admit we hadn't expected to wait at all.On the return journey your driver was very rude to us and told the waiters at our hotel that we hadn't paid the full amount. I was mortified. We had paid in full the amount John had asked us for £90. However your driver wanted a further £30 on the return journey. It was a very embarrassing.
PLEASE don't think i am on anyones side here but. We are using ICR for the 1st time later this year. I assumed that when we arrived at the Airport we wouldn't be the only one's being picked up by Rami and John's team. I can't see ANY problem at all sharing a taxi, or mini bus with others because thats were the party starts :shrug :shrug Sorry if it's me who thinks that way but, we are all going to the same place and thats how we make friends!!!!!!!!!! IF you were told you had a Private Transfer then i understand, when I rang Sharon I never asked. Its up to the individual, but just think how long some drivers have to wait with delays? Anyway I am sure it will soon be sorted out. :lol: Happy hols Anna xxxxxxxxxx
Cant see what the problem is here?2 yrs ago i got a taxi from outside the airport,it cost £50 one way.
The car itself was an old renault,no a/c and we felt every bump in the road,we got to Icmeler in the end.
Coming home i asked about for taxis but could'nt get under £55,i think they knew i had to get home and would'nt budge on price.
So £90 return is a good price if you have to share with a few others fair enough.
Or are people expecting to be picked up in a mercedes?lets face it,it would'nt be economical to run a fleet of private cars solely for airport pick-ups.
The reason people usually book private transfers as opposed to using the tour ops coaches is the quickness - No waiting around for other people to collect bags - No hotel drop offs etc. If people dont mind drop offs etc they usually would have stayed with TO' buses. However Rami's post above clearly states IO transfer policy - So at least there will be no misunderstanding from here on in :lol:

Transferonly.com do a 'shared' transfer for £20 odd pp return. And their policy is that you will wait no longer than 20 mnutes at dalaman. I tell my customers about this option if there is less than 3 people, otherwise i organise private transfers.

But agree Annabell, great way to meet other folks on holiday- everybodies on a great 'high' having just arrived in the best country in the world :wink:

LA
braveinca, not really moaning about sharing if we are told about it. Really wouldn't have been a problem but waiting around in a hot minibus for 40 mins i may as well have gone with the tour operator !!!That's after waiting a while outside the airport with another party!!We expected to land be collected and be at our hotel quickly hence paying for a transfer. Also the other parties on our minibus didn't go straight to their destination as they'd expected (the other lady who also waited 40 mins was fuming) they had a detour to drop the other parties off. If you imagine that it's a private transfer then you can't help but moan when you are still waiting around for others especially when there is a flight delay.
we've been using icmeleronline for several years and I can honestly say we have never had any trouble with the pick up, the drivers have always been very courtious and polite, using them again in september, first class service rami, kendo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.