Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Briar, Who do use for transfer that is private wouldn't mind getting a quote from them, Maggie
:D Hello

We always book private transfers with Icmeler on line.

We arrive in Dalaman 3rd July to be met with a smile from Ali

We had 7 in our party including 2 babys aged 2yrs we entered the mini bus to find another 7 people already in the bus

Im quite happy with the service only grip i had was the 7 people already in the bus was scattered about instead off sitting together

there was only one double seat avail and 2 at the front next to the driver we sat baby's on our knee in the double seat has i couldnt expect them to sit on the single seats on they own

If they were a bit older yes i would off done but they had just turned 2 and are tiny for they age.

The service from Ali was brilliant no problem at all it was just a shock off the seating arrangmemts in the bus that peeded me off

But this aint the mini bus fault its the people who were in there first yes i think they could off offered to move so our family off 3 adults 2 kids and 2 baby's could sit together.

Especailly when 5 off the party already in the bus all adults were spread out across seats

But hey never mind whats done is done we will be using the service again

Its far better than sitting on a coach with drop off after drop off

On our return we did all have seats together they was only a few people in the bus when it came to pick us up so we did have a comftable journey back to Dalaman

One extra thing i should say is on way to Marmaris Ali gave us all btl off water and the baby's carton juice each

Thank you Ali :D
If I had paid for a private transfer and it turned out we were sharing with x other individuals I would expect a part refund. If you are getting a taxi at home and someone else is going to the same place as you, you might share and then split the cost. You wouldn't each be charged by the driver.

A minibus will be more expensive to run than a taxi so if you are a party of more than 4 then I would expect to be paying a bit more, but again if it turned out the minibus was full of another larger party who had also paid the going rate then I would expect a part refund.

This applies to whereever I might be going as I don't visit Icmeler. I have travelled the past 3 years to turkey with small companies and private transfers are included as there are only ever a few of you at most going to the same place.
I too have used icmeleronline on many occasions for what i thought were private transfers.... :? i have been picked up by car and travelled alone which was brilliant, but last couple of times, ive shared, and like others have said, you wouldnt mind if you knew or if you were all off the same flight at the very least. In June we shared with 2 other couples - 1 couple were already waiting when we got to the minibus... not sure how long they'd been sat and then the 4 of us had to wait for another 2 people who it turned out were on a later flight, so all in all i think we were sat at Dalaman near to 40 minutes. This time on my return from Icmeler to Dalaman i shared with a family who were on a later flight than me and it APPEARED the pick up was more for their benefit than mine as i was due to check in by 1.50 and didnt arrive till nearer 2.15 - and the driver was really going for :yikes it as i think he could see how stressed i was getting!! :shock: luckily (??) as it turned out my flight was delayed anyway. But as previously said to pay £90.00 return and be panicking i wasnt going to arrive in time... and presumably this other family paid £90.00 too........?
I dont mean to moan as i travel to Icmeler at least 5 times per season and i will continue to use Icmeleronline for transfers as im used to their drivers now, and quite often im on my own at all hours of the early morning, but the service recently has definately not been as good as my past experiences, hopefully when John reads some of the comments he can look into it.
It would appear that some people get transport to themselves and others have to share. I had thought about getting a taxi when we went in June,but i'm glad we didn't as the coach took 2 hours to Icmeler including a toilet break and 2 drop offs in Marmaris. That's better than in previous years and the £50 we saved came in handy. :)
So to get back on track..does anyone know of another company other than IOL for a transfer?
Laurence
Early on in the thread someone rec Carol at Tunga travel(i think thats right??). Also http://www.transferonly.com/ - these people have to date specialiesed in shared transfers - However advertising 'private' on there website now at £90 return for 4 people

Cheers

LA
laurence
try these they are based in turunc

http://www.jmturkey.com
As said before, anyone who has had problems with transfer booked through us, please write to us as soon as possible or even come in and see us at the office and we will fix it for you.
We have looked into some of the problems based on the comments put forth and the person we employed controlling the passenger traffic at dalaman airport has now been laid off. We did have a group meeting with Ali, John, Sharon and all the drivers and went through every single complaint we had over the past few years.

Outcome is:

Its obvious that the volume we bring in has increased in the past couple years and so has the fleet we run. Transfer only bookings are on the rise and if we have any further issues, we will leave `transfer only` services and simply offer transfer services (shared as long as customers are on the same plane) for guests who book their holidays with us. A price reduction may also be offered for our guests (still working on it).
We may also provide PRIVATE transfers for those who want their trip to be private, this will cost a little extra but they will be guaranteed to have their transfers in a completely private vehicle.

Thank you all for your feedback, if you dont tell us, there is no way we can find out but please do tell us when problems occur right away and if we ignore the problems or do not make it right for you (which will never happen as long as we are alive:), then go ahead and publicize your issues by all means.

Thanks again and wish you all the best.

Rami
ICR Travel
icmeleronline.com
Cheers Chips and Leighanne.
Laurence
Sorry H/T but I can't get my head around this. :oops: When you booked with ICR, were you told,,,, or did you ask if it was a private transfer? I have booked with ICR for the 1st time this year, and I didn't ask, nor was I informed that it would be a private transfer !!!! We ALL use this forum and I see ourselves as friends ( I hope ) We ALL :wave :wave our hands off on the IOL web cam, and ALL ask "Who's going this year and when" so we can meet up for :glynis :glynis but,,, we DON'T want to share mini bus? To me the start of the holiday is the best. If I met Joe Bloggs from H/T i'd be over the moon but it seems to me others don't think that way. Am I wrong? Sorry to sound so :swear off with this but we are all in the same boat here, other wise we wouldn't be reading THIS post. Happy hols. Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think it wasn't the sharing but the fact that you pay the same price for your trip if you were your party of 4 in a taxi on your own as you would if you were your party of 4 plus another party of 6 in a minibus. So the taxi firm gets, say £180 for the trip using the minibus, but gets £90 for the taxi. Or even a two couples and a family all in a minibus - each party payss £90 each so that's £270 total for the taxi firm.
Sorry H/T but I can't get my head around this. When you booked with ICR, were you told,,,, or did you ask if it was a private transfer? I have booked with ICR for the 1st time this year, and I didn't ask, nor was I informed that it would be a private transfer !!!! We ALL use this forum and I see ourselves as friends ( I hope ) We ALL our hands off on the IOL web cam, and ALL ask "Who's going this year and when" so we can meet up for but,,, we DON'T want to share mini bus? To me the start of the holiday is the best. If I met Joe Bloggs from H/T i'd be over the moon but it seems to me others don't think that way. Am I wrong? Sorry to sound so off with this but we are all in the same boat here, other wise we wouldn't be reading THIS post. Happy hols. Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry Annabella for interupting your query and hope my reply doesn't stop anyone else from replying also, but we had a private transfer from I.C.M. upon arriviving in Dalaman on the 11th., of July but upon transferring a week later from Marmaris to Dalaman we had to share with a few can't say how many since our minds were elsewhere but I don't think it was with too much and if your mind can transport you to anywhere what does it matter who you share with, just sharing a personal view, we did'nt care honestly!
hi can any one tell me if they have used the shuttle service for airport transferes from dalaman to icmeler.
this is the first time ive gone and booked everything independly :o so i hope ive done the right thing
the only thing i havent done is booked the transfer so iam not too sure on a taxi or shuttle bus and what if i get a car that kidnaps us lol no iam sure that wont happen
if anyone can help me on this matter i would be much appreciated. :fly
Hi Blackwidow

I would recommend http://www.icmelertravelcentre.com for transfers I used them when I went to Icmeler in May and am using them again when I go again later this month. Prices are very reasonable (in fact I think a taxi would be pretty much about the same price) and the journey will take about 1 hour 15 mins - a much much much better way than going by coach which in past experience has taken nearly 3 hours!!!
The driver waits at the arrival point with your name on a board so it's easy peasy.... door to door no problem!

Mazz
I've used http://www.icmeleronline.com in the past, excellent service.

Dave
I personally would get a taxi but it would depend on how many is going.

Lynn
Can anyone advise me on getting a non private transfer Dalman - Marmaris for 2 people - I just want cheapest so a coach transfer would be fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.