Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Transfers
11 Posts
Hi there we often get the hotel we are staying at to pick us up. When you decide where you are going to stay you could always ask them if they could collect you from the airport .
We stayed in Oludeniz last year and loved it however the only thing that would put us off going back was the coach transfer to and from the airport (1.5 - 2hrs). We loved Turkey though and really wanted to go back so we have decided to go to Lara Beach (Royal Wings Hotel) which is a 15 min transfer from Antalya airport. From what I know there are lots of great hotels in Lara to choose from however there does seem to be nothing outside the hotels (all 5* AI).

Someone with more info than me might know but I think Side is about a 45min transfer from the the same airport and I have heard some great reviews about this as a resort and I think we maybe trying there next year!!

Good luck
Thank you both for your replies, I have never heard of a hotel picking you up except in Barbados, is this usual for Turkey? Funnily enough I have been looking at the Royal Wings so its good to know its close to the airport, I would love to see how much Alanya has changed but not enough to handle a long transfer!
some hotels do have there own shuttle service or they make an extra charge for a private transfer which is sometimes worth the extra if you have kids :sun2
Most of the hotels (and some apartments too) will organise a transfer for you. I'd never go on the package transfers again - the private transfers are worth every penny. No more dreaded "comfort stops" or trailing round dropping everyone off when all you want to do is get to your destination!
We go to Hisaronu and I never take the coach transfers anymore. By the time I get off the plane I just want to be in the hotel/villa and ours always seems to be the last stop. I pay for private transfers now and it is worth every single penny.
more and more people are doing this its far more convenient :sun2
Thanks very much for your replies, will check out private transfers.
just returned at 6 am this morning and will never ever use thomas cook coach transfer again. we left dalaman airport at 2 am last monday and didnt arrive at our hotel in marmaris untill 5. 20 am the coach driver was new and the rep didnt have a clue where any of the hotels were. coming home last night we were picked up ant 9.30 pm and at 10. 35 we were still in marmaris. it was a night mare.if it costs me £100 more i will only ever get a private transfer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.