Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
:yipee We are going to PEK on April 30th. Flying from Manchester and staying at the Imperial Marhaba

We have been to Hammamet but this is our first trip to PEK. Looking forward to some good walks and time spent people watching!
I'm sure you'll have a great time prawn and hopefully the weather should be warming up nicely for us. If you see a short mature English woman down by the marina wearing a hat rather like yours it could well be me. :lol:
:) By the same token - if you see a short plump lady with a black lace parasol that is most likely me!

The marina is an area I am looking forward to walking around as 'sir' likes to look at the boats! Keeps him happy!
We are arriving 11th may :) first time to tunisia, staying in Hammamet. Looking forward to it, been to egypt a few times and fancied a change.
I'm think you'll enjoy it Tamara. I've never been to Egypt but from what I've heard Tunisia is rather more laid back.
Thats good then. The more i read up the more excited I am to go. I'm especially excited about trying the beautiful food! :)
If you want Tunisian food you really need to eat in the cafes where the Tunisians go as most hotels cater more for the tourists. Most places have menus and prices outside so you are unlikely to get any nasty shocks. If ordering fish however do check carefully as a few places charge by weight and once it's been eaten it's impossible to argue as to what actual size it was. :rofl
I am sure you will enjoy your trip, Tamara.

Last year was our first visit and we enjoyed it so much we are back this year! Doubt it will be our last visit!
You will just have to watch that you don't get a serious adiction to the place like me. :D
I'm going forecaster arrive on 20 April. First time to Tunisia staying at PEK. Really looking forward to it.
PEK's a good choice, particularly for a first visit. There's plenty of information and tips on here but if you can't find what you're looking for just ask and someone may be able to help. I would strongly recommend you have a look at the Tunisian language thread, as knowing even a little will impress the locals, and also give the impression that it may not be your first visit. This can be particularly useful when negotiating (haggling) in the Medina. :rofl
Sir and I will be in PEK from the 30th of April so we may see each other wandering around the marina or the medina! I will be the short, fat lady with a black parasol!

Where are you staying? We are at the Riu Imperial Marhaba.
We are off to Sousse for the first time on the 1st of August, we are going as a group with friends. Getting excited already.

Quick question do we need injections for Tunisia?
It's a personal choice. They are certainly not mandatory for Tunisia as there are no actual real nasties endemic there, but some people insist one should always have them when travelling abroad, especially outside the EU. I will probably be shot down in flames when I admit that for years I never bothered. One day however I was seeing the nurse in my doctor's surgery and mentioned I was off to Tunisia so she asked if I'd had the usual jabs and offered to do them for me there and then so I accepted her offer - typhoid, diptheria, tetanus, polio & hepatitis A.
NHS Scotland has an excellent website that gives advice on what is required or recommended for travel to various destinations, Tunisia page http://www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/destinations/africa/tunisia.aspx

One thing to consider is that if there is some recommendation or requirement for a specific vaccination and you haven't followed that advice your insurance company may use that as an excuse to avoid paying for treatment depending on what the particular illness / situation is.

It is always best to ask your own GP / Practice Nurse for advice that is relevant to your own particular circumstances :tup
I have collected some vaccination forms for the doctors so I will fill them in and await a reply. Thanks peeps.
got a nice surprise yesterday at Thomas cook shop here in Belfast, every time we have went to PEK we had to go the day before and stay over at hotel, as there was no direct flights from Belfast, but there is now, we are flying out frm Belfast on the 4th may for 2 weeks, cnt wait, no more catching 4 planes sitting around in airports for hours on end, hubbie nearly took a fit when I came back yesterday , handed him the booking pages and said read were we are flying from lol.
That makes it a lot easier for you, nice one :tup
That's great Tammie as it will make it so much easier for you. I'm flying from Stansted on 3rd May, which is the first flight this year from there and saves me getting to Gatwick.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.