Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Tom

Not sure if my question should be on here or the Turkey forum,but here goes.
Having been to Sunny Beach and Golden Sands in the last couple of years,i am thinking of trying Icmeler this year.
In terms of size and things to do(bars restaurants shops etc)could you compare it to Sunny Beach or Golden Sands.

Basil.
Hi Basil,

We've been to Icmeler, and it's not at all like either Golden Sands or Sunny Beach. A better comparison would be Balchik but bigger, because people actually live there, and it's not just holiday place.

Rather nice actually, next door to Marmaris but quieter.

Now you can find out more on the Turkey Forum and there should be quite a lot on the internet.

Peter
Thanks Peter,

Balchik was nice, so if it's bigger and there's more to do than in Balchik, then that will be fine.

Basil.
Hi Basil

There was very little to do in Icmeler and also the beach is man made and when you go out beyound the water mark it is more like a mud flat. We found that there was not much for familays to do in Icmeler and some very noisy pubs. You can get these in Sunny Beach too but we stay in the Fiesta Beach Hotel which is in the quieter end of Sunny Beach.

Tom
We have been going to Icmeler for the last 3 years and love it. We are also going back again in August this year.

We find it is really child friendly. Our three girls have made many Turkish friends over the years whom we still keep in touch with. The locals are such lovely people.

My girls are now 17,13 and 11 and we feel they can walk around Icmeler to the different pools, everyone remembers them and many others who visit there each year.

We have also made many English friends there, some of which we are going back with this year.
The bars welcome families, the Turkish people love children. The good thing is as well, the music is turned off at midnight.

We are going to Bulgaria, Sunny Beach in May this year for the first time. We are going A/I for a week. Really looking forward.

Wherever you decide have a great holiday. 8)
we have been to icmeler 5 times and sunny beach once, there is more to do in Icmeler than Sunny Beach but it is a matter of preference to each individual
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.