Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
turkey virgins
14 Posts
donny lad and lass,

You'll find reviews of the Hibiscus Gardens here. You'll find resort report here.

Turkey is a great holiday destination. Marmaris is quite a bustling resort with plenty going on. Personally, I prefer Icmeler which is a short distance around the bay. It depends what you want from the holiday really. I'm sure you'll like Marmaris, and so would your 9 and 12 year olds.

Darren
Marmaris is BIG... and noisy... and it's got lots of tourists. Great if you like full English breakfasts and karaoke.
to be honest i dont really agree with what rich said as i think hes making it sound like a british resort,though it probably is more brithish than other parts i personally think marmaris is the best place iv been on hols and im trying other parts of turkey,but up to now nothing compares im sorry for me aND IT CAN BE AS BRITHISH OR AS TURKISH AS YOU WANT IT TO BE,AND IM SURE YOUL ALL HAVE A NICE TIME LASS REGARDS MEEKY
Marmaris is big and it can be noisy ... however it's full of excellent places to visit with great shops and nightlife. Fantastic restaurants and peacefull places to visit. Plenty of watersports and close enough to visit beautiful places like Icmeler and Turunc. You will have a great time.

Wilson :wink:
I have been to Turkey on numerous occassions & Icemeler is my favourite.The good thing about it is that it is has enough of its own bars but is relatively quiet & if you do want something more lively you can take a dolmus ( minibus taxi ) into Marmaris & return when you have had enough. Wherever you go you'll enjoy it - the best thing are the people who are genuinely warm & friendly. Enjoy !
Well it's Icmeler for me too. Everyone's got their own opinion and i don't like Marmaris. To loud for me, sorry. Happy hols. Anna xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I too prefer Icmeler. It's very scenic, not too big and busy but more than enough bars and shops. You can stay in town or in the Old Village which can be a bit of a walk in. Plenty of dolmus' and taxis are fairly cheap.

have a look at the Icmeler Central reservations website for more info.

You can still easily get to Marmaris if you want too.

As other people have said i suppose it's down to personal preference.

Dave
Afraid its Marmaris for me everytime - Its as loud or quiet as you want it to be.

Hibiscus is situated towards the back of the resort, which is a lot quiter but just 10 minutes walk to the beach front where all the hustle bustle is!!

Check here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/dalaman-region/marmaris/hibiscus-gardens/ for HT reviews of the hibiscus

Cheers

LA
We went to Marmaris four years ago, and can honestly say it is the worst place I have ever visited. Icmeler and Turunc close by are much better.
We stayed at the Seda last year, which was next to the hibiscus. Looks really nice. In a quieter area if you want to get to sleep earlier but also only few minutes walk to some great restaurants and about a 15 min walk to the beach. I love Marmaris and i'm the "older" generation and not into noisy discos etc so Armutalan area where Hibiiscus is is brilliant
we were all turkey virgins at one time , my advise to you is to spend a lot of time reading the resort and the hotel reviews and then make up your mind ,everyone has there favourite places and thoughts of turkey, all the information you need is on this site happy holidays
At least there are reviews now 17 years ago it was hit and miss but still would'nt change it for the world its a wonderful country with something for everyone all regions vary just like in the uk so don't be put off if your first vist to a resort isn't quite what you wanted try a different area
its hard not to like it but everyone to there own
We've been twice to Hibiscus,last year in the Gardens,fantastic all the staff are very good with the kids,we had a 2 year old boy with us last year(fostered)he was fussed to death by everybody.Our own kids love everything about the place.We tried Bulgaria after our first visit to Turkey,no comparison Turkey wins hands down for us.As somebody said earlier you are far enough away from main resort hustle and bustle to enjoy the peace and quiet.

Chris :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.