Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Sorry dates run upto 14th april :( between 13c and 15c
Those temps will be the dept of night temps. It never gets that low here during the day. look at the HIGH's for day time temps. :wink:
They were the highs, just hope your right, i have noticed the recording do change on a daily basis though, so fingers crossed :lol:
Michelle
There's no way that the temperature will be that low during the day in the south. I have visited the Canaries and Tenerife South in particular at all times of year and can never recall a daytime temperature lower than 18/19c., and that was in the middle of 'winter'. I wouldn't pay much attention to weather forecasts, particularly long range ones giving out silly temperatures, I find they are rarely that accurate.

The north can be a fair few degrees cooler, are you sure you are not looking at the forecast for here? Even so, 13c in April during the daytime still seems too low.
The link makes no distinction as far as I can see between north and south, which renders it fairly useless anyway. I stick by what I said earlier, if you are on the south coast (i.e. PDLA & LC area), you will not have temperatures that low. I've just booked a flight going out on the 18th April and I'm packing my shorts. Don't worry, you'll be fine.
PS: I am not related to Michael Fish :lol: :sun
Well just incase the weather does drop, i'm sooo sorry :lol: , i am Mrs bad luck you know :cry:
Michelle, shorts at the ready
Put this site on your favourites and have a look at it during the days leading up to your holiday
http://www.iberia-auto.com/files/webcam.htm
at 8.15pm it's 21 degrees.
I was there from 19th to 26th March, weather was delightful, we needed a sweater in the evening but day time temperatures were between 22 and 25 degrees.
Thanks, i will get rid of the other from my favourites.
Thanks
Michelle
I to was looking at the web cam all the time and the weather forecase. But don't bother, we have just come back and have glorious sunshine all day long.

And on a night we never needed our cardigans.

The temperature gauges in tenerife were usually around 21-23 deg each day. The highest we saw was 27deg during the day.

On a night time the lowest we saw was 18deg.
The weather here is pretty much settled now until october, with temperatures around 24-26 C
However at the moment we have a Kalima (Sand storms from the Sahara) so its very warm and windy with temperatures up to 36C but these only last a few days :sun
The fog on the Tyne is mine all mine...

ITS ACTUALLY FOGGY HERE THIS MORNING!!! :shock:

I've never seen real fog here before!

(and before anyone says its a Calima- its not. I know the difference :wink: )
Sorry makum i beg to differ, I live in Arona and it's 28c and hazey at the moment, and feeling very very like a calima, can anybody else suggest otherwise!

Arona1 xxx
Arona eh? You are quite a way from me here in Callio Salvaje.

Looking down the hill from home this morning in Torviscas Alto to the right (Callio) I could see the fog laying across the sea front and about 200 meters inland. To the left towards Las Americas was clear(but hazy). This could explain why you are not getting the fog. When I got to work here in Callio it was pea soup and not hot at all!

Disagree or not mate. Here in Callio (and Parisio) it WAS foggy this morning!
This morning (around 9:00am) Los Cristianos was not affected by the mist....however when i arrived at work at 9:15 in Puerto Colon the area was fog affected. Its gone now as the sun has gained strength and burnt it up. Nice a clear here now but there is a cold breeze. Michael Fish over n out.
Hi All,

cant comment on anything before 10.30am, but that cold breeze is now blowing up here in arona too, it's a great relief !!! bringing down temps at bit, only 26c now :smokin

Arona1 xxx
In Fanabe this morning there was a mist / fog. It was definitely not a calima as you could feel the cold dampness on your face.

From up the hill you could look down on it and as Makum says it only encroached to where the land starts to rise.

Also Oasis FM said this morning "Strangly there is some very low cloud over parts of south Tenerife but that should burn up throught the course of the morning."

The fog is clearing nicely and the sun is trying to shine through. But its not 28degs in Fanabe yet.
Thick fog in Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria on Saturday morning too, apparently :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.