Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Its the way he tells 'em :rofl Whether is was a simple problem or not, it makes such a refreshing change from the stuff we get here: (sharp intake of breath!) ........etc
This is what Mumbai is about -love the place and will be sad I will not be visiting a couple of times next season as we will not be in India.
Must find a stop over to where ever we are going so we can spend a few days in this wonderful city.
Goa holiday makers must find some time one year to visit Mumbai with a good guide.
Great story Squigs.

Last year my old and trusted MP3 player jammed up. It was very old and dated and looked like half a brick compared to the new Ipods. I took it to a back street computer shop in Panjim and the guy there whipped out his mini screwdriver and had the thing in bits before I could say, "Hold on a minute".

He diagnosed a failed hard disc and would try to get one. The player wasn't a popular brand (I-River) and unfortunately, he couldn't get one in time - we were leaving in a few days.

I decided it was probably time to get a more modern player but there's no doubt that he was ready to repair something that nobody in the UK would have taken a second look at. He didn't charge for any messing about and on my way out showed me the background music was coming from a bit of plastic and wires that was previously in my player!

We have a lot to learn!
absolute class!! :rofl
Typical India! Love it!
Loved this....Makes me want to keep all the small electricals we just chuck out cos its cheaper to replace than repair and take them over...am sure someone could have repaired and made good use of them.
So typical, the place is full of characters like this fella, I once saw a young man with a pair of weighing scales charging 1 rupee a time just under the Gateway and his mate was charging 1 rupee for a look through his telescope even though it was nearly dark.
Forgot about this one - If you know Rocky Arcade - on Calangute High Street on the left going down from the Temple - about 200 yards from the top under the archway - just before ICICI bank - there is a guy in there on the left hand side who has an electric shop who will mend anything.
A Goan friend came to our apartment (2 years ago) at the moment our toaster was almost in flames and we said to him - put that in the skip on your way out. 2 days later he came back with it mended - the guy had re-wired the toaster bit and charged us 60rps. It was still working when we gave it to our friend in April when we left Goa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.