Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Helen,
No need to book the bus to Seville from Tavira. or vice versa....just turn up at the bus station and there should be no problem. We have done this trip several times both ways. I think the bus is round about 9am and another in the afternoon sometime. Dont think it runs on a Sunday though. The bus station in Seville is quite central and they speak good English at the information desk.
You can get the timetable from the eva bus website.
Cant help you re hotels as we have friends who live there and we always stay with them.
Hope this helps you a little but if you want to ask anything else, do so.
Pat
:glynis
thanks Pat - but what if there are no seats left?

As you can tell, I am very organised and a bit of a worrier...
Ive never been on a full bus yet!!!!!
Im sure you can book your tickets in advance anyway at the bus station in Tavira if it stops you from worrying. :grin
Pat
Pat

Have been looking at Hotel Murillo in Barrio de Santa Cruz Seville - do you know how far this would be from the bus station?

Thanks
Helen,
Did a search for you and it seems very close to the bus station.
Try http://www.booking.com and search for hotel Murillo......there you will be able to view the map and see reviews.
Hope this helps.
Pat
Hi Pat

Just had a look and found the hotel - but couldn't see the bus station. Found the train station though. Do you know where the bus station is?

Helen
Helen,
The bus station and the train station are at opposite ends of the city.
Try this.......www.barriosantacruz.com
Click on the map (plano). Type in hotel Murillo. Then when it comes up showing hotel position, type in bus station at the search (buscar) button. You will then see where they are in relation to each other.
Pat
Just to affirm (for future searchers) that the EVA/DAMAS buses do not run at weekends or on public holidays (eg May 1st and May 22nd) during winter. Summer schedule with four daily buses starts 1st June and operates until mid-October..

The ALSA bus company also runs between the Algarve and Seville 7 days a week all year but one of the two daily runs leaves Tavira at 230am; the other at 1645. Coming back, departures are at 1500 and midnight!

Trying to get a ticket for an ALSA bus has been the subject of much correspondence in another place. Their website does not give an option for on-line booking for journeys originating in Portugal, the drivers do not sell tickets (ie advanced booking only) and the various travel agencies allegedly selling their tickets are either closed or deny all knowledge! (I say that because the ticket office inside the bus station at Faro does not sell ALSA tickets.)

Have a nice day.
Pat

Just tried the map link, when I clicked on Hotel Murillo I ended up on booking.com website??

think I am doing something wrong...

Never mind, thanks for your help anyway. I can always ask a cab driver to take me from bus station to hotel and hope he doesn't take the scenic route!

Helen
Helen,
Just tried it again....no probs!!!!!!
Click on the barriosantacruz web....up comes a google map...click on plano and enter hotel Murillo and hit buscar...it shows the position of the hotel...then enter bus station instead and hit buscar and you see both pinpointed!!!!
Pat
Hurray, got there in the end! had to type in Hotel Murillo Sevilla and bus station Sevilla.

They look a far way away from each other, maybe not walkable.

Thanks for your help.

Helen
You can find information about Seville buses at http://www.tussam.es in Spanish only though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.