Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
WEATHER Q&As
123 Posts
i went in the last to weeks of september once and it was really cold and we stayed in out hotel room for a week
we are going to duni in the first 2 weeks of june,, does anyone know what to expect weather wise at this time,,, will it be sunny but cool,, kind of guessed that we will need cardigans and jackets in the night
Hi col73,

See HERE for 10-year weather data for Burgas, which is not too far North of Duni, for the period 1st - 14th June. You can adjust the dates to suit yourself.

Average low 57F, average high 76F, according to that data.

Baldur
The weather for this time of year April/May is usually quite warm, unfortunately it is very changeable at the moment with a lot of cloudy/rainy days but when the weather turns warm it should stay that way so May should be around 20 degrees sunny and warm (hopefully).

Celiajan
Very changeable in May, can have cool days and can have warm days, but the nights are usually quite cool so pack some light jackets or cardigans for night wear.
Sterling notes are the best and you can usually get a good exchange rate at the banks. Make sure your note are free from writing and rips as the banks will not change them otherwise.

Celiajan
Going to Golden Sands 7th of June for two weeks.Just had a look at the 10 day forcast and it dont look to good folks.Bugger. :cry:
Hi Paul,

All forecasts beyond a day or two are 'best guesses', e.g. this 15 day forecast.

Enjoy yourself, whatever the weather. :wink:

Baldur
Hi Paul

Our forecast didn't look great when we were going on 7th May but we had 7 days of warm sunshine only one of the days it clouded over for a couple of hours.

Have a great time
Liz
Balder. Thanks you have cheered me up the 15 day forecast looks a lot better than the one I was looking at. Just want a break. :D
Baldur so sorry I spelt your name wrong. SILLY ME. :oops:
The weather is Bulgaria is very much like the UK, but it's hotter in summer and far colder in winter.

It's also just as difficult for forecasters to predict as ours is, so don't worry about it!

Peter
Does anyone know what the weather is like on the first week of October?

Cheers
You don't say where you are going in Bulgaria, mcfester, but all the Black Sea resorts are likely to be the same.

You could have nice warm weather, but it could be cold wet and windy. Who knows, at that time of year you are taking a risk.

An even greater problem in my opinion is that the bars, restaurants and stalls have closed or are closing down. They start to do this any time from the middle of September.

Realistically the holiday season in Bulgaria is from the middle of June to the middle of September in relation to all places being open.

Peter
Thanks Peter

We are going to Elinite,l hope the weather is better than the UK!
We are off on 2nd july for 2 weeks to sunny beach, im guessing that the weather then will be hot and sunny? - i friggin hope so anyway!
Sorry to be a pain but we are going to Elenite for 2 weeks on 6th August.

Has anybody been at this time of year before? If so, what is the weather like then? Think we may have made a big boo boo going here as last year we went to Turkey and didn't see a cloud for 2 weeks!!

Thanks to anybody who replies. :wink:
Hi Donna,

You'll find the weather history for your dates over the last ten years HERE, Burgas Airport is around 40 kilometres from Elenite, so weather would be fairly similar.

P.S. I've been in Turkey when it has absolutely hammered down, with heavy thunderstorms - it's just the luck of the draw. :wink:

Baldur

<Edited for typo>
  • Edited by Baldur 2007-06-18 14:38:48
thankyou for your info Baldur
Hi everyone,
I just wondered if the weather is still good in golden sands please.
Toonman.
Not long to go now,if i am right i believe that you and your wife fly out to golden sands the day after i do.Me and my family leave on the 30th august.
Take care
Angela.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.