Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
What is the weather like in July and August we would like to try Bulgeria next year but have heard that it rains quite a lot any info much appreciated..
Hi we always go in July this year we had two thunder storms that lasted for a few hours ,after that we had a day or two wit :glynis h some showers ,but it was always very warm.We have been going for years and this is the first year the weather was not to good ,but we still had a great holiday :wave
Hi Clambertina,

Historical weather data for last October at Varna airport HERE
and Bourgas HERE.
Yes I have been in October, it was cold and most of the restaurants and stalls are sure to be closed. Unless you are thinking of staying in Varna itself I'd reccommend going elsewhere.

Patka
Stayed in Sunny beach for 2 weeks in August. Had a thunderstorm and some cloudy days (eventhough still warm), the rest of the time it was HOT. A couple of days weren't what I'd call sunbathing weather but if you don't sunbathe every day you'll be fine. Heard a few of the people in the know, say this is typical Bulgarian weather.
we stayed in sunny beach from 26.7.05 - 2.8.05 and it rained once, on the last night, it rained for about 15 mins then stopped and when we left on the tuesday to come home it was roasting again....

cant wait to go back!

:sun
I'm here now, in Golden Sands, and the weather has been great. We have had a couple of showers and there has been some cloud but all in all its been good.

Karen x
Im Off to Obzor Bulgaria on friday (23rd) and have found conflicting weather forcasts on the web.
Anyone just come back? whats the weather like presently?

thanks in advance

wishing for :sun
Currently its rather cloudy along the whole BG seaside. Not particularly wet, but quite gray and with occasional gusts.

Check here for Obzor:

http://weather.digsys.bg/c/index.pl%3Fplace=175&action=real&lang=_eng.html
the weather these days is getting bad,it is like autumn already.the previous week was very hot.i was on the beach last Sunday!now that i listen to the news on tv they say that it will be better and sunny after saturday but who knows actually...:)
Yeah, autumn is approaching. However, the recent winds and rain were due to a temporary low pressure. Forecasts say the weather is to get better by the end of the week, and we really had the week's first rays of sun today morning. But of course we cant expect the August heat. Prolly 23-25'C is the best we could hope for. Though noone can be sure about anything any more. Climate has just gone crazy everywhere!
yes,the weather this year is going crazy!one day hot-on the other-cold...this is not very good for the tourists,but what can we do?But who has told that you are coming in Bg only for the sea?:)when the weather is not good you can go in Bourgas or in Varna for shopping,or just walking and look around...there are so many alternative,so you can enjoy your holiday:)
Hi all.i just want to tell to everyone who are about to come in Bg that the weather these days is wonderful!today for example was really hot!:)and was on a walking to Sunny Beach and saw that there are still a lot of tourists,even on the beach,all the shops are open so...you are welcome:)Spazz,can you write me on the e-mail because i want to ask you smth,please?thanks
:(
I am very sad to inform all of you that the weather here is going very bad...today all day is raining and there is a wind...we can only hope that it will improve soon:)Bye
Today the weather is very good.all the afternoon was very sunny,now there is no sun but there is no wind also and it is nice for walking around.so everyone who arrives today has luck:)
Could anyone tell me what the temperatures are likely to be in Bansko in a couple of weeks? I'm only going for the weekend, but don't know what to pack...
Hi,i can tell you about the weather in whole Bulgaria-it will be warm and sunny just on Thursday after that,for the weekend it is going to be cloudy and rainy...
Holly
husband was over in Pamporovo just under 2 weeks ago and it was pretty miserable then. Cool in the evening. I think you are going when its neither one season nor the other!
Thanks for the info.... guess it's just the same as here, then!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.