Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hisaronu Koyu near Marmaris

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 26.8c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 49.2c

Sunny, cloudless sky and warm. Gentle Breeze.

Cooler start to this morning and most welcome for it!

Early April is a bit mixed weather-wise but the best time of the year - in my opinion. Everything is fresh and green and not tired and brown and dusty. The weather is just starting to warm up but there may be rain also.
graeme235 I am sure you will enjoy. I don't think you will return with a deep tan though.

13.00pm local time

Air Temp: 28.0c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 56.1c

Just fetched back my boat engine after it's service and very, very hot in Marmaris, next to no wind. Thank goodness for our gentle sea breezes here in the village. It is much more pleasant here, I couldn't take that stifling heat for long in Marmaris.
Paul,

how far are you from Akyarlar (Turgetreis) as I'm wondering what the temperatures will be there at the moment although more interested in 2 weeks time when I will be there lol). My wife and I will be in Akyarlar from 3rd Sep to 17th Sep. I'm hoping for some really hot (but not too hot) weather. high 30's to low 40's is probably my threshold. Does the heat tend to tail-off towards the end of September and if so, when roughly?

I also have another weather related question - what are the evening temperatures like - will I need to have the air conditioning on all night or will it be cool enough to go without (it's just that for A/C it will cost us an extra £50 so if we can go without it would be cool <- no pun intended lol)

Cheers,

Justin.

P.S. only 12 sleeps to go - Woohoo, bring on the Efe's :rofl :sun2
P.P.S - have you heard from John lately, he hasn't posted for some time, hope he's ok?

11.00m local time

Air Temp: 26.6c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 48.8c

Justin, as the crow flies you are not too far from us so the weather should be very similar. Mornings (7am) are getting cooler now as are the evenings, but that makes them very pleasant. Last night was the first night that we didn't need to cool down the bedroom with the a/c before sleeping. We are a little more acclimatised to the temps though. Recent guests here at our villa have had the a/c blasting 24/7!!! And then got out the thick winter blankets for the beds!!! :duh
The mid day and early afternoon temps are still right up there at around 57c in direct sun.
As I noted yesterday there is a marked difference in apparent temps from town/city to village. Out here in the sticks we have a very gentle cooling breeze off the sea. Marmaris was like a furnace and was too hot!
The usual pattern for the weather is for it to build up the the big numbers during the morning/early afternoon but not stay there for too long. Mid/end Sept. should be OK - enjoy.

I haven't heard from John for a while. The last email that I received he told me his wife was not well and they were returning back to the UK.

11.00m local time

Air Temp: 26.5c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 47.0c

Successful fishing trip yesterday, so supper tonight is sorted. BBQ Barracuda. Nice!

11.15am local time

Air Temp: 26.6c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 51.0c

Just looked at a 7 day forecast (bbc) and they are predicting rain for Monday day/night :( Hope not or maybe it's best to get it out of the way before I go lol

I want sun, sun and more sun :cheers :sun2

[edit] - seems that clouds are in store for the beginning of next week with maybe a touch of rain on Monday or Tuesday according to the bbc weather forecast. I really hope not...

Paul, do you have the facility to put up night time temps too as I'm seriously considering going without the A/C for the 2 weeks we are there (3rd-17th Sep).

Justin

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 26.4c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 49.0c

17.30pm local time

Air Temp: 28.7c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 48.3c

Sunny, cloudless sky and warm. Breeze is medium.

10.00am local time

Air Temp: 26.2c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 40.3c

Sunseeker2011, we went to Akyarlar the first week in October last year. It was a bit chilly in the mornings but warmed up as the day went on. Night times were cold with strong winds. You definitely need a cover up of some sort in the evenings. We never used the Air con once but did use blankets on the bed!Which hotel are you going to? :wave:
minione wrote:
Sunseeker2011, we went to Akyarlar the first week in October last year. It was a bit chilly in the mornings but warmed up as the day went on. Night times were cold with strong winds. You definitely need a cover up of some sort in the evenings. We never used the Air ???? once but did use blankets on the bed!Which hotel are you going to? :wave:

Thanks for the reply but I think you misunderstood my dates, it's the first 2 weeks of September - the 3rd to the 17th.
I assume the weather will still be quite hot (only a week to go) but hope it's cool enough at night to sleep comfortably without A/C in the bedroom.

getting excited now this time next week will be in Turkey :)
Justin.

By the way, we are staying at Bizimtepe Hotel. Good reviews on Trip Advisor so hoping for a good time - I'm sure we will lol

14.00pm local time

Air Temp: 27.2c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 55.5c

Sunny, clouds starting to build, some dark and warm. Gentle Breeze.

Forecast is for cloud today and tomorrow and maybe some rain tomorrow. Wind rising too.

11.15am local time

Air Temp: 26.9c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 47.3c

Cloudy evening yesterday but that led to spectacular sunset! Brief and light shower over night. Cloudy start this morning (7am) but now clear skies. Gentle breeze but will build later.

I'm off to try my luck fishing.
Big Paul wrote:
Cloudy evening yesterday but that led to spectacular sunset! Brief and light shower over night. Cloudy start this morning (7am) but now clear skies. Gentle breeze but will build later.

I really hope the weather is nice from Saturday for 2 weeks, finger crossed it settles down :)
Just checked the bbc weather 5 day forecast and on our first day in Turkey (Sunday) it's forecast... Thundery Shower!!! - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :(
I hope it's just a quick one...

Paul, do you think we'll need to take a light jacket for the evenings? How cool is it getting at night now?

11.00am local time

Air Temp: 26.0c

Sunbed/Direct Sun Temp: 47.4c

The mornings are getting much cooler now (7am), dare I say 'chilly'? Evenings are very pleasant allowing outside dining, although a jacket or jumper might be worth packing. Day time temps are still right up there with direct sun hitting the mid 50s. Hottest part of the day is 12 noon and on for about 3 hours. Still need that high factor sun cream.
I did notice that the breeze out on the sea yesterday was cooler than of late but the sun was just as strong.
I haven't yet seen any forecast for rain on the sites that I look at although the afternoon breezes are starting to pick up again after a calm spell of about 10 days.
As we are heading in to autumn rain and thunder can't be ruled out. No rain for weeks now.
turkeyconvert wrote:
I hope you get no rain until Oct 11th :rofl

I take it that's when you leave lol?

Just re-checked the 10 day forecast and they've removed the thundery showers on Sunday - maybe someone was having a laugh... so here's to sun, sun & more sun :sun2 :cheers :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.