Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Its FREEZING at the mo in my neck of the woods, just browsing through some of the lovely photographs is taking me back to those long hot lazy times in Goa, sitting with a cold beer and my feet sticking out of the shade of one of the shacks, pure bliss. Roll on next March! 8) :lol:
Very hot here at the moment the temperature isn't that high about 33.But the sun is very intense so feels alot hotter.Also a couple of heavy showers yesterday which was great.

john
Hi,

I will be in Goa from November this year for 6 months. It will be sunny, warm and dry all the way through right?

Looking forward to my time out there was there. I was out there in January and it was great it was 32/33 but a few days 35c and 36c!

Cheers
no- thats not right

sometimes it will be hot :lol: :lol:
Welcome to our forum Namaste. :D
Nice hehe....so warm but with hot spells. Good stuff!!
I'm sure someone who has experience of staying in all those months can give you the lowdown- eg best month.
It is very hot and humid at the moment, it was 51.8c in the sun yesterday afternoon.... phew :lol:
We've had a few showers in the night, Monday night it rained very heavily, pre monsoon showers they call them :!:
Coming in November for 6 months, yes it can be pretty much guaranteed to be wall to wall sunshine :lol: It's a hard life :wink:
Lovely stuff Julie...and if it is not very/warm it will be hot?
Bright sunshine and almost clear skies today, it is very hot but there is some air!! lol we had some showers in the night b ut no more yet today, bliss infact!!
chilly :)
Got to agree,lovely day today and not too hot.As for showers last night,hammmered it down here for 4 hours but it did clear the air.

john
Julie/Chilly, please keep us updated on the monsoon.... Jxk8.....
Jxk8
We went up to a local bar last night in Arpora, at around 8:45pm it started to rain, by the time we came to leave at 9:45(bars have to shut at 10pm because of the elections) :evil: it was bouncing down :) We had taken brollies but we were soaked to the skin within minutes and paddling through the trees all the way home :!: And they call them pre monsoon showers :!: The monsoon proper is due to arrive in Goa in 3 days time.
It does bring the temperature down a lot when it rains, but it creeps back up again when it stops, the sun is out at the moment and it's 32.8c.
Loving it :D
Julie
I can say in all honesty I truly love Goa- for my holidays, but I would not like to live there 12 months of the year. I would like to think later in life I can come and stay for 6 months from November - May, then when the rain gets bad I would come back to the UK or Southern Spain.
I would also like to visit during the monsoon, just one time, to see what its like.
But rain is rain to me, whether it is warm rain (goa style) or cold rain (UK style).
I much prefer to visit other countries in the months we dont visit Goa, when I know I am guaranteed lots of hot sunny days :sun
This is only my opinion of course :D
Julie, thanks for the update, looks like next time you go out forget the umberella, just go out in your swim gear. I'm looking forward to coming back Dec when no rain and the temp is good oh and YES the flow of the cool beer, but I wish I was there now even if it is raining :lol: .......Jxk8.
It has been raining now for about 4 hours.But it's lovely and cool now.

john
Well has the monsoon hit yet.... Jxk8.
They reckon the monsoon has been delayed again due to a cyclone in the Arabian sea.

john
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.