Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I have heard a lot about the weather in Goa in January. I just wondered though from previous experience of anyone on here, what is it actually like in mid January?

Does it have wall to wall sunshine as well or a few clouds? I hear it is mostly dry to?

Is it hot or warm and also what are the nights like?

Many thanks
In a word, lovely.
LOL lovely for most is 25c for me 25c is cool haha...anyone have experience of mid Jan?
newbietogoa. just go to http://www.wunderground.com and type in goa, it gives a very good forecast of Goan weather.

Barrie
Tried it...always use this site. The trip planner is no good it tells me that the statistics are not available...that is why asking someone who goes there in Jan all the time must be reliable lol
January averages are 90 degrees, 10 hours of sunshine a day and no rainfall.
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Well if I do not come back home then that will be why:-)
Hi, when we to Candolim last year from 18th Jan to 24th Feb, weather was great (I like it hot) during the day, for the first week tended to be a little cool at night, just need for a light shawl if bare arms! but after the first week (beg of Feb) was fab. On count down for 24th Feb!
Goanne
Hi,
I am thinking of going back to Goa for the first two weeks in April.
Has anyone been there at this time? How is the weather? I have been in Sri Lanka in April and the humidity on the coast was a bit high. Also is it worth flying via Mumbai rather than direct?
thanks
Very, Very hot and :sun and humid
We are also going in April, but the last two weeks.
Hope you get booked up, you will love it.
We will be there March 26th the 10th April Can't wait.

Paul and Anne
Last week in March & 1st in April for us - it is hot and humid but you get used to it - don't let it put you off.
We usually go in Mar/Apr too. I think if you do go then you'll definitely need air conditioning as it's very hot and humid in the evenings. There's always a breeze on the beach so you don't really notice the humidity so much. We like going off season as it's less busy. Some restaurants and shacks close down before the end of April but it should be ok if you go the first 2 weeks.
Good luck & have a great holiday.
Gail
I went in April 2006, and i too had my doubts about the weather. To be honest it didnt really bother me during the day as we spent most of the day by the beach, which gave us a breeze. I think you definetly need to get air conditiong as at night it was very humid.
Last week in March & first week in April for us as well Spike, hope to see you at Ganesh's shack :lol:.

last year we were there the last 2 weeks in April first week was fine, Don't know if it is typical for the last week in April but most of the shops were closed down and those that were open had very little stock, got sand blasted on the beach as the wind was picking up, in a word the last week was dead, but as it was our first time to Goa we didn't mind to much.

Alan
Our first trip to Goa was late April/early May in 1995 and we had the most fantastic honeymoon and fell in love with Goa have a great trip :D
Hello Alan - can't wait much longer I need some sun,sick of this cold blowing wind and we still have freezing nights and some snow to come !!
Will be nice to meet you at Ganesh Shack - I will be letting Ganesh know who he will be having for those 2 weeks (keeps him happy !!)
So far from HT - Spike and Dee, AL38 and Ann, Billybluenose (Alan and Jacki), GEC (Gail and Ray) anymore coming......?
:) I'm back 8-24 March then hopefully around 15 April again for a week. Was there last March and April same time - very hot and humid in April, but was humid mid October.
Hi, we are going out on 15th April for 2 weeks (first time). Am worried now that nothing will be open!?!?!? :( Can anyone put my mind at rest??
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.