Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Spike, Glad we wont be the only ones there :lol: like wise cant wait now for March to arrive, will be great to see the Ganesh clan again.
mild down south but damp and horrible.

Alan
Hi Jannerlilly, OK my post looks a bit bleak but I'm not an expert on Goa, and we did have a fantastic time as I'm sure you will as well so I will go through the pros's and bad's of the last two weeks in April as we see it.
We like to spend the first week looking round sussing out shops markets stalls shacks places to eat trips to go on prices and getting a tan the tan helps a lot when you start your buying spree.
The pros's, you can get some really good deals in the last week BUT a lot of the best things have gone, Chandra had sent a lot of his best stock to another shop in one of the cities, Supper Taylor's had run out of his best cloth, and a stall that we saw something we would buy on the way back from the beach had been taken down and gone, yes its that fast. seven of us saved a well recommended restaurant for one of our last few meals and it had shut down, shacks are packing up and low on beers and food. less tourists about = more pestering by sellers.
The morel of my post was not to worry people but to point out that if you don't do it or get it in the first week it may not be there in the second week, trust me :wink: you will love it and fore warned is fore armed, and you can laze around or go site seeing on the second week. :lol: and the weather is in the lap of the Gods
If MCgroogle See's this post I'm sure he will confirm it.
And it is only my opinion.

Alan
My mind is now put to rest. Worried we would be the only ones there!! I am sure we will manage just fine. If we see something we want to buy, probably better off buying it when we see and not wait! and I am sure what restaurants/shacks are still open will be more than enough.
Thanks
We always go in March and the weather is lovely, going the 20th this year coming back April 4th, cant wait. You will have a lovely time.
just picked up the weather forcast from the net, 33 on average daytime, 19-20 night time, "AS USUAL".
you can play spot the cloud with your friends, and nobody will win!!
enjoy BOB :smokin
D
I know Bob its fantastic. I checked the weather today on the BBC website and it said 36 degrees for friday :sun - fantastic
Don't stop!!!!! I'm flying out there on Sunday. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh dear Barrie, its not good news :( Sunday is only 35 degrees and Monday 34 degrees, so its going downhill :yikes you better cancel, or better still I will go in your place :rofl
Yeah, right Gemma. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh well it was worth a try Barrie :lol:
Have a fantastic time and a safe journey :wave
when i went in dec 06 ganesh shack is not there.
Ganesh shack was definitely there in December we were sat talking to him and his sister one Sunday afternoon.

Debs
oh thats strange i asked the taxi driver he said ganesh gone i never went there to see so sorry for the wrong info just going on what he said to me
Must have had a confused driver as the shack was up and running.
just when i was starting to get excited at the thought of lying peacefully on the beach at Ganesh shack you had to go and mention the 's' word spike :swear yes, snow, i hate the bloody stuff. No forecast of it yet so fingers crossed and it wont be long till im supping a cold kingfisher while my servant, :oops: oops sorry, my wife is rubbing sun cream into my back. Did i really call her a servant there ? must be the sun :lol:
First week in March when we get some snow spike, has done for last 4 years up ere.
Hope it don't come our way Alan !! I think it was about 7 years ago when we woke up on the day of our departure - March 22nd to go to Manchester airport, couldnt belive it - at least a foot deep with the stuff,took nearly an hour just to get on the motorway (normally 10mins) thought we were going to miss the flight but once over the hills, all was clear - not long now then sun,sun,sun............. 8)
to spike i guess so that i had a confused taxi driver
Join the club graciebluecat - we have had many,it's the 'nodding head' that worries me you can tell they are not sure what you are after or where you want to be,one of the joys of Goa - I love it !!
I have been in November stayed for 2 weeks and loved every minuit of it, considering going in march/april for my birthday.Which month is the best? hoping it will be as lively as always 8)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.