Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
javelin :wave:
As you don't say where you are staying, I can't say how that will have changed, but the things you loved, will still be there :D and I love them as well.
xx lassi
I like seeing all the Goans in their Sunday finery on the way to church. You can tell the better off ones as they have a family of five on a scooter instead of having to walk!!
Javelin.....it's all still as you remember it so you won't be disappointed.

Regards to moaning............come on guys, admit it, we have all had a moan. I got very disenchanted a few years back and thought we would go to Goa less often and try somewhere else BUT............it didn't happen. :tup I just decided and accepted that there was no use moaning about what I can't change and changed those things that I could. I get exactly what I want from my holiday which is good company, a huge variety of restaurants to eat at, meet up with my Goan friends, total relaxation and lots of glorious sunshine PLUS HT meets which are a riot of fun and VERY informative. (in many ways) :rofl

Yes the airport could be better organised, airport bag snatchers and the taxi drivers try to rip us off (mine doesn't), the place is dirty, toilets on the beach (and elsewhere) leave a lot to be desired, hygiene could and should improve and crime and corruption is rife, oh, and the continuing issues with the shacks and the visa's.......Could go on all day couldn't I :rofl Can I do anything about it.......NO and sometimes I do enjoy a good moan about it amongst friends on here but after a couple of months back at work and suffering our miserable weather it's all forgotten again and I am back on the net searching for yet another deal and setting myself up for the Goa experience all over again................I do sometimes ask myself why :que but I have yet to find the answer..............it can only be love :rofl
Fizz
Hi Javelin - I'm sure you'll still enjoy it but you'll see many changes. There's a thread on this site somewhere about the changes over the last ten years.

It will be interesting to read your views when you get back - hope you'll do a report. :tup
Thank you all for the reassurance :tup
I'm staying at the new Nazri Resort, previously I have stayed at Sun Village (before it went AI), Kamat and Highland Beach so feel that I am fairly confident with the Candolim to Baga stretch. I really liked the Baga end of the beach from Titos Lane towards the river hence the reason for choosing the Nazri this time.

My friend who I' mtravelling with this time has never been to Goa before so I have warned here that it will be a bit of culture shock to begin with.

I know there will be changes and not all will be for the better but I'm seriously hoping that all the things that charmed me the last three times will still be there.

My pal and I are looking for ward to meeting some of you at the meets in January - it will be great to taste the honeybee again :cheers

I will certainly post a full trip report when I return :tup
Fizzy
I think you've hit the nail pretty much on the head with your latest post.
Very eloquently and accurately put, Fizzy! :tup
cant we all just go back RIGHT NOW?????? :cheers

now we have started a "positive/happy" thread i am REALLY looking forward to March !!

cant wait cant wait cant wait...... :sun2
Me too, just waiting for the early reports on all the restaurants so that I can make my list up for the 3 weeks. Don't like to miss anywhere although I do have my favourites. Will have to get the steaks over with early on as I have a bit of dental work to do whilst out there then I will move onto the fish, lobster and prawns and things that don't take as much chewing.
BrenLiz wrote:
Me too, just waiting for the early reports on all the restaurants so that I can make my list up for the 3 weeks. Don't like to miss anywhere although I do have my favourites. Will have to get the steaks over with early on as I have a bit of dental work to do whilst out there then I will move onto the fish, lobster and prawns and things that don't take as much chewing.

mmmmmmmmm steaks and seafood cant wait,we staying at magnum resort which is opposite the spice garden(if its open next week) i love having steak and king prawns from there,the only thing is you have to wait so long to get your food but its worth it when you get it
does any one eat at the hotel in mapsa(cant remember its name),the restuarant is on top floor.we never see many tourists in there but the food is amazing and unbeliveably good and sooooooo cheap,cant wait to get back there
Honeybee and coke - yum yum, not that I EVER over indulge you understand :rofl
hi fizz,please think of me when your having your first honeybee and coke.
I'll be wetting the babies heads ;) Fizz x
Javelin.....it's all still as you remember it so you won't be disappointed.

Regards to moaning............come on guys, admit it, we have all had a moan. I got very disenchanted a few years back and thought we would go to Goa less often and try somewhere else BUT............it didn't happen. I just decided and accepted that there was no use moaning about what I can't change and changed those things that I could. I get exactly what I want from my holiday which is good company, a huge variety of restaurants to eat at, meet up with my Goan friends, total relaxation and lots of glorious sunshine PLUS HT meets which are a riot of fun and VERY informative. (in many ways)

Yes the airport could be better organised, airport bag snatchers and the taxi drivers try to rip us off (mine doesn't), the place is dirty, toilets on the beach (and elsewhere) leave a lot to be desired, hygiene could and should improve and crime and corruption is rife, oh, and the continuing issues with the shacks and the visa's.......Could go on all day couldn't I Can I do anything about it.......NO and sometimes I do enjoy a good moan about it amongst friends on here but after a couple of months back at work and suffering our miserable weather it's all forgotten again and I am back on the net searching for yet another deal and setting myself up for the Goa experience all over again................I do sometimes ask myself why but I have yet to find the answer..............it can only be love
Fizz

As we are going in just over three weeks I was also getting a bit down with all the negativity(of which I also have been guilty of) Then I read fizzys post and it was as if I had written it myself.

Just what I wanted to say.Thanks.

Papa
Thanks Papa, I am glad I was able to oblige :)

Just an additional thought that I'd like to share, the first time I went to Goa I didn't want to come home, I REALLY didn't want to come home, cried like a baby :oops: Something happened to me "inside" on that first trip that I couldn't explain then and I can't explain now, many of you will know exactly what I mean.................lets all just hold on to that feeling, hard though it is to do sometimes. :rofl
Fizz
Fizzy
I know that feeling! You can't quite put your finger on it, or describe it, but it's definitely there.
Hello,
I too love Goa and see that it has changed. However, Cartman really does have a very good point. We all love somethiing about Goa otherwise why would be on this Goa forum?
I am a recent member to this forum, but have watched / read for years. I eventually joined because somebody had asked a question about a place I know of and i wanted to add my 2p's worth. At the same time I was worried, a "newbie" posting, what comments will I get, will people think it's a ploy etc etc.

The point cartman makes, to me, is relevant although I'm sure for most members unintentional. I'm going to make an effort and try to answer questions as I have been to Goa many times (North mainly) and would like to help, take it or leave it, where I can.

Actually, the answers to this post have given me a renewed positive feel, please please please I hope the doom and gloom is sidelined and there is the positive comes through again.

GoaWish.x
yep goawish, on this post, we only have positive threads !! :cheers

keep the happiness alive !! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.