Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just an additional thought that I'd like to share, the first time I went to Goa I didn't want to come home, I REALLY didn't want to come home, cried like a baby

I can vividly remember standing at the bottom of the stairs with tears streaming before getting on the plane and this stewardess put her hand on my shoulder and said 'You'll be back next year'...... had no idea how much I'd got the 'Goa bug' at the time!! :D

I'm pleased that this post was started though as I've just been catching up on over a weeks worth of posts and was feeling a bit jaded by some of them..... 3 weeks 5 days to go ....woohooo! :cheers
We all know Goa has its shortcomings, where in the world doesn't?
If the shortcomings ruin your holiday, don't go back. Simple.
Some of these posts, you almost feel in the wrong for liking the place! Going back in about 5 weeks, and trying to book for next year before we go.
What is the pull? Perhaps they drug the honey bee? But it is weird, when people ask about the place, you can't quite explain it, but as others have said, it gets into your blood, and you just want to go back.
I don't know about anyone else, when I get to the hotel, one big sigh, and I'm relaxed. :-o
Actually, I've had a thought. Next time someone starts a completely reasonable thread, and it gets hijacked, we should just ignore the hijackers completely, and just answer the original questions as if nothing has happened. :think
What is the pull? Perhaps they drug the honeybee? :rofl That cracked me up Mobor one :rofl ...........I reckon we have all been hypnotised.......... but it is a nice feeling :cheers

Your stewardess was right celcat :tup I bet you thought like me that you didn't think you would get the chance to return again, I know we didn't, we didn't think we would be able to afford it..........I now feel like all I have done each successive year since is save up to go back :D
Fizz
I know just what you mean Celcat.

I usually get a bit tearful when we are about to board the plane. One year when we were going through the final security check, I had literally just reached the security officer when I burst into tears. The security lady was so embarrassed, she didn't bother looking in my bag and quickly sent me on my way.
12 days to go - negative have taken the first mossie tablet.

Yikes....6 days to go and I haven't had one yet

positive have everything ready to pack and
looking forward to the sun.

My gear has been laid out in the spare room ready to pack for over two weeks !!!
:offtop That is what you do in rainy Wales on a Sunday. Have you seen the forcast for Goa for about 4 days up until 11th November, hope the sun comes back by 14th.
Well you should be okay.............you're waterproof :D

Dave Wales............Maybe you should pack your brolly, wellies and mac :que
On a positive note...........it's still HOT

:yikes I hope it improves before the end of November............Fizz
well i've just booked our 5th trip. going to the nazri resort - been looking at this one for ages, so decided to book this morning.olympic had the best price so rang them up to check a few things. she said theres one room left and dropped the price by £22. afterwards i thought "hmm a ploy to get me to book?" so i checked their website,and a couple of others that were selling the same holiday and guess what? its gone! so i did get the last room and i am a very happy bunny!! now just the dreaded visa form to do, and mossie tabs..... but its all worth it!!!
;) Well just had a message from Chilly just now and its HOT! 37 Degrees when she arrived...and she's supping g & t by the pool! :tup
Glad she arrived safely Betty, thanks for the update.
Glynis, dont worry Chilly will still be on here updating us with all the happenings over by, especially after the weekly meet :cheers :)
Bushbaby will be interested to hear what you think of the Nazri Resort, we also looked at this one. When do you fly out?
thanks guys!! :) .. just got back online today!! another nightmare :duh
you bet Gemma :rofl all excited for tomorrow ;)
chilly
I can remember bawling my head off over a cow and calf - black and white cow with the nickname of Daisy, every night she called at the Mango Grove, quite a few people fed her and she liked to be petted. 6.00 ish in the morning we were leaving the Prazeres, quite a long way from Mango Grove and there she was standing outside with a tiny calf - I was in pieces. I am a total sucker for animals and always buy the cows a loaf of bread and save the dogs half my meal - lol
hi gemma we're going 23rd jan. so glad i booked today.just been looking and its fully booked for jan and most of feb too.there is a report on trip adviser from someone who was staying near by and had a look round when they were there in april.they said it all looks lovely and in a good location so will see.will do a review when we get back.
Hi Bushbaby, we arrive on 18 January so will be there just before you. Gemma when are you going to be there?
Perhaps we can have a party :cheers :cheers
Hi :) We fly out 21 November for 3 weeks and 20 March for 2 weeks :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.