Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Javelin, we arent staying at the Nazri on any of our visits this season, but one of the previous posters is staying there and I was interested to hear their opnion of it. We have looked at the Nazri before and were thinking of booking at one point.
We always stay at the Marinha Dourada, but this season we are staying at a private apartment, its going to be so strange :think
Enjoy both trips Gemma and I'll post my honest views of the Nazri when I return. Seems to be lots of people on this and another forum who have booked to stay there so should be able to see some reviews before we go.

Visas arrived yesterday, at the docs next week re jabs so January is gradually getting closer :sun2
hi javelin - are you going for 2 weeks? cant wait, we have stayed in candolim and calangute before but not baga so it will be a change.
Hi Bushbaby - we are going to be there for three weeks (well 20 nights to be precise) so our times will definitely overlap with yours.
See you in the bar? :cheers
Wow mobor one you are ahead of the game :tup
Mobor have you booked independently or package? We hope to get booked up when we return home in the new year but would like to have some idea of prices for next year. Have heard it has gone up a lot for the Xmas New Year period but I am sure we will still be there.
really cheap holidays on teletex to-day some for 28 days for just over £400
No they are not warned against visiting Goa, they are asked to be cautious as in many other parts of India. Always best to look at the FO website.

xx lassi
hi lassigirl
I removed the weblink for the same reason. :tup
can anyone remember the title of the last song in Life of Brian?
Ah I remember it now.
Its worth doing from time to time. When I first arrived in Goa it was raining. There were no shacks up and running. We sat for ages on our balcony on our first night waiting for the rain to change from torrential to just dinging down before making a dash for it. We got further rain during our 6 days(?can't remember how long it was now)
Guess what- we had a great time. So don't panic- make the most of your time there. :)
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
(words and music by Eric Idle)

GM06
Ian
Booked a package with Thomas Cook. About £300 more than this year. Flight times not brilliant, but £1500 less than First Choice flying one day later.
I still think Goa is a great holiday destination, OK it has it's bad points, but so have the other countries Iv'e visited.
IMHO it has somewhere for most people, I'm not going to suggest anywhere, as what I find attractive others might not.
It's just a case of researching the various areas, and what they have to offer. There are crowded beaches, but many more where you can find peace and quiet. Every type of accommodation you could wish for, and plenty of local transport.
Taking my rose tinted glasses off - yes it can be scruffy and dirty, but also colourful and beautiful. One minute it can bring tears to your eyes, the next fill you with joy - That's Goa.

xx lassi
Taking my rose tinted glasses off - yes it can be scruffy and dirty, but also colourful and beautiful. One minute it can bring tears to your eyes, the next fill you with joy - That's Goa.

so well put Lassi :)
chilly
Ahh!!..lassigirl wrote:
...yes it can be scruffy and dirty, but also colourful and beautiful

Cue the sign... :) http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4796/letstry.jpg

Hmm...you should see the state of it now :cry
They say that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - some years back a friend living in Aldona said "come and see our beautiful bridge".........now I have never before heard anyone describe a bridge as "beautiful" (or since for that matter) but to her, and no doubt the majority of people in that area, this bridge was a beautiful piece of engineering and would also make life/travel easier for those living there. We visited the bridge as requested and as far as I was concerned it was just "another bridge" but hey what do I know :shrug....... However, got to say that although not particularly impressed with her bridge, or any other bridge, we certainly thought the views from it were beautiful.

As already said, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" :) Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.