Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi could anyone help me please. i am flying to florida on the 4th july with monarch in economy class i would like to know what aircraft i will be flying on and the seat pitch and width as i am 6'1 tall and quite large. i flew with thomas cook last year to florida in economy class and found that aircraft just comfortable on the seat width, but after reading reviews about monarch i am abit worried. i would be grateful for any info u may have. thank u
lollsolly,

Welcome onboard :tup
Where is it you are flying from? Have you got a flight number? Monarch use Airbus A330-243's on the majority of flights, and also a Boeing 767-31K/ER. Both have 30" seat pitch. For more details, refer to our dedicated Monarch Airlines thread. Seat pitch on these aircraft is 30". The Thomas Cook long haul aircraft (Airbus A330-243) for comparisson have 33" seat pitch. Seat widths are the same. Four rows of seats were removed to incrase seat pitch, prior to that, they were the same as Monarchs. It is a bit of a squeeze with Monatch now compared to the other charter operators but that's because the others have improved things and Monarch have been left behind he times. They don't have seat back IFE either.

Darren
I would appreciate help in finding the type of aircraft im going to be flying on. I travel from manchester with thomas cook on sun 3rd may to las vegas departing at 13.05. The flight is TCX98k (flight code 3OUA5). Many Thanks.
colinandrew70,

You Will Be Flying On A Thomas Cook Airbus A330-243

More Info On This Aircraft On Our Dedicated Thomas Cook Thread

Gower
Hi Dazbo
we are flying from Manchester on 8/3/09 to Mexico flight no CA176 at 9.15 and returning back on 22/3/09 CA177. First of all what are these codes, I thought Thomsonfly began with T :think . Is this therefore still Thomsonfly or another airline. What is the seat configuration of this plane and what films will they be showing. Also we have pre-booked seats together but wondering whether or not IFE will be in the centre of the aisles or is it defo at the rear of the seat in front of you.

Thanks in advance

Kazee x
Kazee,

Where've you got those flight numbers from?!! CA is the airline prefix for Air China! They only operate a cargo flight in to Manchester. If you're with Thomsonfly, the Cancun flight on a Sunday are flight number TOM193/4 departing at 0915. They're operated by an ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. Refer the the dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details. They have seat back IFE fitted throughout the aircraft. The IFE listings aren't available as yet (Jan/Feb are on page141 of the TOM thread to give you an idea).

Darren
This is on a booking confirmation I am best waiting to see what is on out tickets. Hey Dazbo do I have anything to worry about here :que

Kazee
Rung the operator it should have been FCA not CA, but obviously with the almagamation of the companys it has now been confirmed exactly the same as you have informed me.

Thanks Dazbo you are a star.

Kazee x
Kazee,

Glad you're sorted :tup I suspected it should have been FCA and not CA. Even so, I don't know why they're still using the FCA prefix. They stopped using that along with the Jetset callsign in November 2008!

Darren
Hi,

Some friends are flying out to meet us in Crete on 21st Aug. They fly on BD8353 at 15.45 from Manchester. What type of plane is due to operate this flight?

Thankyou
Sam
Good evening all. I'm new to the forum, so please be gentle !!!

Anway, it look like this is a well used topic so I'm gonna put my request in too.

Does anyone know the aircraft type for the following flights:-

Fri 8th May

Man to Antalya TOM436 dep 15.40

Tue 19th May

Antalya to Man TOM513 dep 22.40

And would they be the new livery?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ju
sam1993,

That'll be a Bmi charter. They normally operate an Airbus A320-200. Refer to our dedicated Bmi / Bmi Baby thread for more details and my post to jules0581dancing on the previous page.

Darren
ju1970,

Welome onboard :tup
I don't have the summer 2009 aircraft schedule as yet, but I would expect MAN-AYT-MAN (TOM436/513) to be operated by a Boeing 737-800 (wingletted) or Boeing 757-200. Refer to our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details. As for a new livery, what new livery!! I've not seen anything with regards to a new livery and suspect nothing will change other then the Thomsonfly title will be replaced by Thomson Airways. The current First Choice liveried aircraft will eventually get the blue livery but probably over then next year or so as and when they go for heavy maintenance. The FCA livery is likely to be around for a while yet.

Darren
Hi there, just booked some flights for our honeymoon out to Borneo. Just wondering if it is possible to tell yet if it is the newer fleet of Royal Brunei we will be on or if it is pot luck!!! Also i could not bok through the airline itself so is anyone aware of how i go about trying to reserve seats if possible?

Flight numbers are

26th May- Royal Brunei Bl 98- Heathrow 0935 - Bandar Seri Begawan - Kota Kinabalu

7 June - BI 97 - Kota Kinabalu 1735 - Dubai 0025

11 June - BI 97 - Dubai 0140 - Heathrow - 0625

Thanks a lot.
lad81,

26th May 09: LHR-Bandar Seri Begawan (BWN) (BL098) is operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER.

7th June 09: Kota Kinabalu (BKI) - Dubia (DXB) goes via Bandar Seri Begawan (BWN); BKI-BWN (BL826), Airbus A320-200 connecting to BWN-DXB (BL097) Boeing 767-300/ER.

11th June 09: DXB-LHR (BL097) Boeing 767-300/ER.

Aircraft information is available on Brunei's website. Looking at the registrations, you could be on any one of their 6x 763's, although the most common ones are V8-RBF/G/H/J. If you have a brunei booking reference number, then you should be able to use online check-in. If not, then you won't (I think you can only use that when departing from Bandar Seri Begawan anyway). I can't see anywhere you can reserve specific seats.

Darren
Thanks a lot Darren, i had to book through Opodo as could not get through to Brunei on the phone and all other travel agents i called could not book the flights i wanted. I am a little nervous though, the flights were soooo cheap i am beginning to think there has been a mistake and i will get an e mail saying this even though i have a confirmation number with Opodo and paid in full, fingers crossed.

Thanks again.
Hi

I'm flying to Aruba from Gatwick with Thomsonfly. Flight numbers are:

LGW to Aruba
19th Aug
TOM082

Aruba to LGW
2nd Sept
TOM083

Do you know what aircraft it will be and what the seating configuration is for economy and premium?

Many thanks
Nicola
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.