Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren

Just booked to go to Puerto Plata on Mon 2nd March 09. Holiday was booked throgh First choice and the web states it is First choice flight but travel agent said it will be Thomson flight? I no it departs about 11:00 am and returns 2 weeks later.

I would just be happy to at least know wo i am flying with never mind the plane. Been twice with Thmsons before and happy enough wth service but never with First choice.

Many thanks
First Choice and Thomson are now one most flight are on ex FC 767-300 and are very good 33" pitch 2-3-2 layout.

Welcome onboard :tup
As snowyboy mentions, First Choice and Thomson have now mergerd along with their respective airlines. In November 2008, Thomsonfly took over the operated of all First Choice flights, hence the loss of the FCA/DP prefix to flight numbers. All are now TOM. Even though the aircraft may have a First Choice livery, they are operated by Thomsonfly under their air operators certificate. You'll probaly notice that most of the branding now shows Thomson Airways as the operator. This is the new merged airline that will be effective from 1st May 2009. It's all a little confusing at the moment.

Your flight numbers are TOM043/4 (LGW flight) or TOM204/5 (MAN flight). These are actually operated by Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER, not ex-FCA aircraft (this is one of the exceptions snowyboy). These are configured 2-4-2 with 33" seat pitch in economy. Have a look at our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details.

Darren
Hi could you kindly tell me what aircraft this will be and what is the seat configeration. Would you also happen to know which terminal they leave from.

TCX 537K Manchester to Hurgharda 5th May 9 a.m.
TCX 447L Return 19th May 5.20 p.m.

Thank you very much, you have helped us before it is most useful.

Jilly
Jill Hales,

MAN-HRG-MAN (TCX537K/TCX447L) are operated by Boeing 757-200. These are configured 3-3 with 28" seat pitch. You'll find a seating plan on TCX's website. Refer to our dedicated Thomas Cook thread for more details.

Darren
Hi I just booked a flight to Paphos, would anyone now what the aircraft might be? Luton-Paphos TOM5326 & 5327 I'm after the seat config, thank you!!
Nink,

I don't have the aircraft schedule for summer 2009 as yet. However, LTN-PFO are normally operated by a Boeing 757-200. These are configured 3-3 with 28" seat pitch. Refer to our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details.

Darren
Thanks for your reply.

I called first choice today and they advised that it would be a First choice plane configured 2-3-2. The reason that i asked is that we have been to Dom Rep a few times now and have always lown with Thomson. My husband has limited movement to one side of his body (side effect from brain surgery). Thomson have always given him a medical seat and always row 6. This is the first row behind premium and gives additional room. First choice today told me that there disability seats are between rows 13-18 but wouldnt give additional room.

So now that you have told me its a Thomson plane i am ven more confused.

FLight number was confirmed as TOM125/126

That's the importance of always quoting your flight number(s) and your departure airport when asking questions. TOM125/6 are operated by ex-FCA aircraft, but you didn't quote them! The other Manchester flight as quoted in my original post, is operated by the other aircraft (TOM). Please always give as much detail as possible then we can find the right details and avoid any confusion.

Darren
EDIT: Duplicate post. Please watch for replies to your original message in the TUI/Thomson topic.
David HT Mod
Sorry Daz i didnt have the flght numbers at the time of the first post as the shop couldnt print anyhing only got them in the post after that.

Do you know anything about the location of the disability seats. no point in having one if it doesnt give him the room to stand up and stretch his legs out. They said they dont have bulkhead seats on the plane but to be honest i think you get more room in a normal seat than a bulkhead as you can at least stretch your legs out straight under another seat.

Thanks

As far as I know, the disability seats are located in the front part of the economy cabin (row 11 to about 19, (overwing exits are at row 20/22 depending on aircraft, you can't use these though). Exact location depends on the specific aircraft as they do vary slightly depending on their original owner. Seat pitch is 33" so there's plenty of room and if he has an isle seat, he can always stand up and have a wonder up and down the isles. That's what most people do. Lavatories are located by the L/R 2 doors infront of row 11. You tend to get a bit of 'traffic' every so often as people walk up and down! Refer to the dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more detals.

Darren
Hi there,

I'm flying with United Airlines, leaving from Heathrow on the 3rd April 2009 at 7:45am landing at Orlando International at 16:20 (via Chicago).

Not sure of flight number, could be 0929, but hubby can't find it at the moment cos he's 'busy' (looking at his bike!)

Can you help at all?

Peachykeen
Peachykeen,

Without your exact flight itinery, I can't be specific. There are loads of options on your flights. I would assume you are on the following:

Dep LHR 0745, Arr ORD 1028, Flight UA929, Boeing 767-300/ER
Dep ORD 1305, Arr MCO 1641, Flight UA288, Airbus A320-200

Refer to our dedicated United Airlines thread for more details or United Airlines website for detailed aircraft information.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

Any idea if these planes both have back of the seats tv's?

Thanks,
Julia
Hi Darren,
we are flying manchester to palma, please could you let me know the seat configuration.

outbound 14.40
11/7/09 TOM 2640 man - palma

inbound 19.10
18/7/06 TOM 2641

Thankyou Jo
Hi could you please tell me what type of aircraft we'll be on

LGW to punta cana TOM033 26th march

thanks
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.