Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
maryjo,

I've checked and double checked the aircraft for confirmation, even looked on Virgin's booking system! They use a Boeing 747-400 from 16th January through to 28th March, then revert to an Airbus A340-600 from 29th March through to 24th October. Premium economy seats on the Boeing 747-400 are rows 70-77. I hope you get things resolved and please let us know how you get on.

Darren
Hi me my wife and little boy are flying to Dominican Republic punta cana from manchester on 21st Jan at 10:00 on TOM136 could you please tell me what kind of aircraft we will be on? and what kind of in flight entertainment they have

Many thanks in advance :)
Thomsonfly, Now Thomson Airways Use A Boeing 767-300ER

These Are Configured 2-3-2, With A 33" Seat Pitch

In My Oppinion Thomson Airways Is The Best Longhaul Charter Airline

IFE is seat back screens. Look at BY-TOM-AMM-FC Post on page 141
Hi Darren,
just contacted my agent and they have checked, and our seats were changed to 21A/C on the way out and 21H/K on the return. So hopefully these are good seats and definately PE. They confirmed it is the A340-600 but said they can change the aircraft.
Thanks for making me aware that our original seats werew not PE.
maryjo,

That's great, I'm glad you've got things sorted. Good job you persisted and asked or you might not have got the seats you wanted, and paid for. They won't be changing the aircraft, it's always an A346 at the time of year you're flying.

Have a great time,

Darren
bigbadjack,

Welcome onboard :tup
I can confirm snowyboy's post; you'll be flying on an ex-First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER that are configured 2-3-2 throughout. You might want to have a look at our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details.

Darren
hi can anyone tell me what sort of plane i may be travelling on please, booked with first choice, but believe its a TUI plane, from east midlands to sharm el sheikh, beginnig of april this year, not that i really know much about planes but will it be a big one or normal size, ie 2 lots of 3 seats or 3 rows across, thanks for any help
dcoops,

EMA-SSH-EMA; TOM891/2 (Thursday) or TOM429/30 (Monday) are operated by a Boeing 737-800 (wingletted). These are configured 3-3 with 28" seat pitch, although you feel more roomy than that because of the new generation recaro seats fitted to this type. For more information, refer to our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread. You'll find my recent trip reports on this aircraft type towards the bottom of page 137 of that thread.

Darren
Hi Darren

I'm flying with JET2 for the first time I'm on flight LS879 4th april return on LS880 16th april.

would love to see a pic of what aircraft it will be also do you have any inside cabin ones?

Thank you in advance.

Danny :tup
Danny_H,

MAN-ALC-MAN (LS879/80) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. I don't have any cabin photos onboard Jet2's 757's I'm afraid, only their 737-300's. You'll find details on my trip reports (particularly the second one where I had the aircraft pretty much to myself!):

Jet2.com LS761 Blackpool - Malaga 8th June 2007
Jet2.com LS762 Malaga - Blackpool (diverted Manchester) 10th June 2007

The cabins aren't much different; the 757 is just a longer version of the 737 from a passengers perspective.

Darren
Darren,

Fantastic reports, I'm in seat 1F which I saw on one of the pictures.

Thank you very much for your help as always!

Danny :)
am flying to mombassa with first choice on 13/march in premium class ,can you tell me what plane it will be? thanks.
NOELY,

LGW-MBA-LGW (TOM354/5) are operated by an ex-First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. Refer to our dedicated Thomsonfly (Thomson Airways) thread for more details.

Darren

PS I'll see you there, I fly out 5 days earlier!
Danny-H,

The jet2 757 cabin:

airliners.net/photo/Jet2-(Channel-Express)/Boeing-757-27B/1248850/L/

Alasdair

PS. I have to agree with Danny-H, Darren, your trip reports are excellent! I've read 'em all;)
roboa thank you very much for that!

I'm really looking forward to my flight experiance with Jet2 on April 4th :)

Will let you know how I get on :cheers
Hi Darren,

Flying to Goa on 17th Feb with Kingfisher via Mumbai, all the flight code says is T1 and T8, they say they are new planes is that true.

Thanks
bigbaddad,

LHR-BOM (IT8): Airbus A330-200 (new aircraft)
BOM-GOI (IT512): Airbus A320-200

For more information, refer to our dedicated Kingfisher thread.
Darren
cheers for that snowy/dazbo what are these planes like for comfort and are the drinks complimentary :cheers :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.