Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I went to Limassol a few years ago with my son in a wheelchair, i wouldnt recommend it then, hardly any pavements and the traffic was manic. But of course times change. Larnaca is very flat and beautiful warm sea. Cannot comment on Paphos sorry.
The promenade at Paphos and Limassol have been improved but I couldn't necessarily say the same for hotel facilities such as ramps, wider doors on lifts and/or bathrooms. Many places still have steps to get up and down different levels within hotels.

The Apollonia in Limassol does have ramps into the hotel and within the hotel so it could be a possibility and it's in a central part of the Tourist area which is also flat and has pavements. Now we have the electric buses I think these are easier to get on and off but not sure how wheelchair friendly they are?

The best bet is if you see a hotel that you like the look of is to find it in a brochure or website and contact the tour operator/supplier and ask for their Special Needs department so they can check their Property Information Files (PIF's) which are completed by the in-resort staff each year.

The other possibility may be Latchi, which is in the north west of the island (served by Paphos airport) but then it's about another 30 - 45 minutes drive to the resort (it's next to Polis) if you are unfamiliar with the road.
Finding out information about hotels, apartments etc is the easiest bit when it comes to booking a holiday as I always go direct to the hotel themselves and can get a lot of good information this way. It is information with regards to the resorts themselves that is always the trickiest thing to find. I am not one for staying in the hotel especially at night time and I do like going to the beach if possible.
A friend has just been to Paphos for a wedding and she said she the harbour area seemed quite accessible. I am guessing the buses you are talking about are similar to the ones that were in Protaras that went into Ayia Napa and to Nissi Beach, if it is, they are fine for me to use.
Hi PrincessAmy

Yes, all the buses have been replaced with the new Arriva buses - just like in Malta....

With the exception of the odd "village bus" which have been kept for particular routes and/or special occasions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.