Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hello,

you can take one lighter through the airport with you ( NO MATCHES ) but it has to be carried on your person NOT in your holdluggage or cabin luggage.
andy57742 ,

Safety matches are ok and the lighter needs to be placed in a clear plastic bag as a liquid for screening at security. For further information, you'll might find our dedicated HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS & INCREASED SECURITY .. Q&As topic over on the Flight Forum useful.

Darren
i always put my lighter in the wife's hand luggage along with everything else in my pockets so i dont have to mess about putting stuff in the trays. this way the bag just goes through on its own.
never had any problems.
Always leave my lighter in my handbag. Never had a problem. :think
The rules are that a lighter should be put in a plastic bag used for liquids, I myself have always just left it in my jacket pocket and I have only had it removed once and I fly alot, however my friend declared his only last week and was asked to purchase a bag at the dispenser.

In the end you take the risk not to have a lighter at the other end, but there are normally pleny of people lighting up leaving the airport and they are cheap to buy in the resort.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.