General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
is your daughter the lead name?

and is it all on one booking?

the reason i ask is that i booked a holiday for 4 adults for sept, in my name........2 of the adults had to pull out , so they lost there deposit, that was all.....as it was more than 56 days i think before we went?

so we have paid the £20 per person name change, and are taking my daughter and friend now

and, if i hadnt decided to take my daughter, then i could still have had the holiday.......

please tell her to speak to an advisor as soon as possible, as the closer the holiday the more her friend will have to pay in cancellation charges
The other thing you'll need to look into is if you were all booked into 1 appartment then you may now have more to pay yourselves if there is any under occupancy! If this is the case see if they can downgrade you to a lower occupancy room!
Thankyou for your replies, the holiday was booked in my daughters name and yes, they are all on the one booking, for all 5 of them to share the same appartment, she cant find anybody else to take there place, as the rest of the family will be at a wedding in cyprus! she will be traveling alone with 2 young children, having paid a child place, and also got the youngest as "child goes for free", and im sure im right in thinking that there has to be 2 adults going to get the free child place, so thats another thing that will have to be changed, so as well as having to pay the under-occupency fee she will also have to pay the extra as an adult? blimey this is so confusing... looks like she will lose the holiday :(
what a horrible situation . It may not be so bad . Obviously her friend would have to forefit her deposit but that would be your daughters gain if she still went ahead with the booking . :D I would ring them up and see what the balance would be if she took her friend and daughter off that booking A) as it stands with the original apartment and b) with the possibility of moving to a smaller one .

If your daughter cancelled as well she would also loose her deposit . :( she may be able to salvage this and I personally wouldnt cancel without checking all the options with the T/O first and get them to try all combinations of re-pricing, even as 3 adults as im sure too she would loose that free child place.
I think the best thing to do is get in touch with the travel agents and explain the situation. It depends really on how long there is to go, before the holiday, as if it is within the 56 days, your daughter may have to pay the whole amount of the holiday and there may also extra to pay as she wouldn't then qualify for a free child place. Also, of course your daughter may not want to go on holiday on her own. Some travel agents will be sympathetic and may let her change the whole holiday to another resort/time of year, but others are not, and may charge her a lot of money to do this. Your daughters friend, should make up the shortfall in any money your daughter has to pay, but of course if she is short of money and cannot go on the holiday,that may not happen!!!
Sorry I can't be more helpful and hope your daughter gets it sorted.....
Denny
Sorry just reread your post and realise that it is more than 56 days until she goes!! All the same get her to get in touch with the travel company ASAP and see what can be salvaged. Denny
Just make sure her friend knows that by cancelling your daughter may have to pay a lot more now!
Most free child places are when there are two full paying adults! Plus if there were 5 of you in a room then I'm guessing it was a room for 6 people. Your daughter would then be the only adult in a 6 person room and the underoccupancy would be huge. Unless it was h/b. I think most h/b's are based on 2 adults sharing!
Basically she need to go into the Travel agents and get a meltdown of all situations and how much extra would have to be paid!
Her friend is probably thinking that she'll be losing £50 or something low like that, not realising what would happen to your daughters cost!
thankyou all for your replies, my daughter is going in to see the T.O on friday to explain the situation, and to see where she stands, its not as if my daughter will be alone with her kids once she gets out to turkey, as me and my younger 3 have booked to go out at the same time, different hotel, but same resort, but think she would panic a bit at the airport and flying, she flies out from birmingham on oct 2nd, we fly from newcastle on 3rd oct.... shes just keeping her fingers crossed that she doesnt lose the holiday altogether!
your daughter may also be able to change the holiday for a fee, usually around £20 per person, this i have done before, so if all else fails, she could look for different accomadation whilst still being on the same flight?

there are several options, i hope she gets sorted, please let us know :)
Mitchellclr, could your daugter not go to see the TO before Friday?

The sooner she goes, the sooner it gets sorted, and more importantly, the
sooner her minds gets put at ease.

Good luck to her. I hope everything works out for her.
I was told today that her mate is trying to get a loan in order to pay for her holiday...dont know if she will manage it, will keep you guys informed... but thanks for all your messages!
Mitchell, how did your daughter and her friend get on?
My daughters friend managed to get a loan at the last minute, although she couldnt get the full amount, she was £200 down, so my daughter lent her £100, and ive given her £100... doubt if i will see the money again, but at least they can still go on the holiday, the best thing is that my grandchildren dont know that im going too... so we will arrange to meet up with them the day after they arive... cant wait to see there little faces! :)

just want to thank you all for your messages! ;)
ive been folowing this, and even tho i have absolutely no advice to give,,,im so glad it is sorted out for her, and you, and i really hope you ALL have a wonderfull time,,,,
:)
Oh I am so pleased that this has had a happy ending for you all!
(And aren't you a lovely person to do that! :kiss )

Your grandchildren will be thrilled to bits when they see you there too!
(Would love to be a fly on the wall when that happens. :) )

Thanks for keeping us updated Mitchell. :)
just want to thank everybody for their advice and well wishes... i cant wait to be there, especially as the little ones dont know im going... my 6 yr old grandaughter asked her mam if she could pay for me, because she doesnt want to go on holiday without nana.... awww bless, cant wait to see her little face when she sees me turning up at her hotel! :rofl
Aaawww isn't that such a lovely thing for your grandaughter to say? :cry

Bless! She is going to be sooooo excited when she sees you there! :hyper
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.