Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Calangute / Baga are probably the busiest in terms of visitors during monsoon time. Goa is billed as an all year round destination and monsoon is still popular at this time with domestic tourists.

In Baga you'll still find Brittos, Cavala and Tito's open to name a few and in Calangute Souza Lobo's, The Chippy, Log Cabin and Molly Malones stay open amongst others. You'll also still find the odd shack open and most of the big hotels are open too.

I left Goa in June and to me it was too wet and (dare I say it?) too quiet!! in saying that there were still enough places operating to keep me amused although not in Candolim - it was totally deserted apart from Cactus - Ram said he's planning on staying open all monsoon so that'd be a bit of a godsend for anyone in that area!!

GFF xx
Many thanks for that. Do you know of any decent places to stay that would suit a students budget???
Most places offer "Monsoon Rates", they display a blackboard outside to let customers know, your cousin shouldn't have a problem finding cheap accom. Leslie at the Crossroads Inn has reasonably cheap rooms that are clean and in a good location.

GFF xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.