Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
where to stop
17 Posts
Es Cana wins hands down - not so many **** heads up for stupid drinking sessions.

Plent of Hotels to chose from
Pleny of drinking places with entertainment.
Good Beach.
Close to Santa Eulalia for better shopping & eating.
i'd agree with es cana, we're off there again for the 3rd time in june. we always use the cala nova hotel, a few minutes away from the main area of resort but a very good hotel.
well we have chosen Es Cana for 2006 - mid 30's couple with a 14 year old, so not too far from your family makeup :)
We went with Sirensis Coral Playa - basically as it looked decent enough and we got a great deal by going DIY.

Spent ages looking at all the resorts in Ibiza and decided Es Cana provided a good mix of what we would enjoy, plus we have a car booked so we can do a bit of exploring

Cheers

Stu
Have to agree with joules. Cala Nova Fiesta is a great hotel.
I have been to both and enjoyed both, but I would pick San An Bay over Es Cana. I can honestly say I saw no troublemakers/drunks/etc etc in the whole 2 weeks we were there (and we went mid August). There is just that bit more to do at the Bay than Es Cana.
You have picked a good choice hotel in San An - this is where we stayed, its ideally situated for a walk into San An town or out the other way round the bay. If you go to the town before all the kids come out to play ie 11pm then I'm sure you would be fine.
We stayed at the Miami Hotel in Es Cana which is the same hotel chain as the one you have picked for San An Bay. This again is in a perfect situation, and found nothing at all to complain about.
Hope this helps
Marie
It's such a shame that the words "San Antonio" are still associated with drunken British - over all the large resorts in the med - Kavos, Magalluf, Benidorm - San An is by far the most sophisticated. So much money has been pumped into changing the image that it's a shame that it still exists - all thanks to Sky TV.
Anyway, both San An Bay & Es Cana are similar in the type of bars & restaurants that are available, although San An is bigger and you can take the oats to the pavement cafe's in the town. Failing that, Sta Eulalia is ideal as it is much bigger than Es Cana which may bet a little tiresome after 2 weeks. Whichever you choose it'll be very nice. Try Bellamar & Blau Park in San Antonio and Cala Nova and Miami in Es Cana. You could do it independently too to save money.
I completely agree with you Little A, it really is a shame what has happened to Sant Antonio since the 'Brit Invasion' spurred on by Sky and Ibiza Uncovered. But on the plus side the shows did attract a lot of tourists to the islands and brought a great deal of money into the place, making life better for all the residents. I remember back in 1990 outside of Ibiza was very much like a barrio or shanty town and now its much like any other city that is constantly growing.

Marc
But on the plus side the shows did attract a lot of tourists to the islands

It did Marc but loads of clubbers and West End revellers wasnt what Ibiza really needed.Quality tourists is the only thing that will get Ibiza out of the doldrums that it is in now.Many of these tourists were and still are being put off going due to programs such as Ibiza Uncovered.
John.
You are so right John, I know many people who have been turned away from Ibiza due to the larger lout mentality that has been portrayed by shows like Ibiza Uncovered and Club Reps Uncut. I was so annoyed that friends wouldnt think twice about going to the islands that I set up my own website My Ibiza (link is in my profile) to dispell all those myths.

What we really could do with is a documentry or series that shows the more positive side of the islands, rather than aimed squarely at 18-26 year olds who frequent the Westend.

Great discussion.

Marc
If I recall didn't one of the "uncovered" programmes do a piece on one of the Islands conservationist - I think they ended up trying to show him as a bit of a wally :swear , when in fact the guy really had the future of the Island at heart :)

They really have a lot to answer for.
Your so right Scoop, though he didnt really help matters that much by going around the West End at 7am and trying to talk sense to drunken Brits who had a camera in their face.

Marc
Marc,it is websites such as yours http://www.myibiza.co.uk/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/ that show a wider view of Ibiza whereas many of the television programs are only after one angle ie "Shock Factor"

It did Marc but loads of clubbers and West End revellers wasnt what Ibiza really needed.Quality tourists is the only thing that will get Ibiza out of the doldrums that it is in now

Thought I had better explain myself re the above quote.Many of the clubbers and West End revellers actually spend a lot of money while on the island so I didnt mean they are poor tourists as such just that their business is not spread around the island much.

I dont want to start another AI discussion or argument here, many people on this forum know my thoughts on this but its tourists who spend money outside of the hotels which will do the island the best favour.

John.

Oh dear a moderator going off topic!!!!!!!! slap!!!!!!
I go to ibiza 3 times a year and always tend to stay around the san antonio area although i travel a lot around the island. Ive seen no trouble in the 10 years ive been going there, even the west end is quite tame.

What makes it for me is the sunset bars both to the north of the town and kumharas in the bay, that mixed with the youth/music culture makes it the perfect all round destination in my opinion....and Im 42 years old
Wow - just booked took some time but have now done it! Going to Es Cana not till 5 July for 2 weeks. Hotel Coral Playa - me, my daughter and her friend - what have I let myself in for! I am sure it will be good. Some of their friends from school going same time but different hotel - it seems to be a popular place. As long as there is plenty of :sun and :glynis it should be ok???
i can confirm that you will get plenty of both,have a great time :D mo
Hi,
Actually I cant take credit for the My Ibiza site you mentioned Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar as that isnt my site, just uses the same name as mine does. However I do try to portray the islands in as possative light as I can, showing that its far more than sex, drunking idiots and all the other items that only seem to make the news.

Marc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.