Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We are going to Marmaris on the 22nd so will be interested to see what people say. We were told it was quiet but there was still lots of places open. Hope thats right!
We did go last year around that time and I admit it wasnt very busy but the way people are talking it seems its a lot quieter this year. It looks as though we could be in for some rain as well.
Diane.
Oh no dont say RAIN. We went to spain at easter and it rained for the whole week! we were hoping for better weather in turkey still at least you can shop cheaply it cost a fortune keeping two teenagers amused in spain. :roll:
We have been to Marmaris for the last two years at the same time and would have been again this year but I have to have an op next week so couldn't make it.

It was very quiet two years ago but last year it was more like May. There will be more than enough to keep you occupied but some places do close early. As for the rain, you might get the odd shower but it will be nice for the most of your holiday. Go and enjoy yourselves and don't be worrying about it, it will be fine. :wink:

Jim.
the weather forcast are good for next week..there will still be busy resort
with tourists

1 more sleep left now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hinx01

You might be surprised many consider turkey expesive now.

This thread gives a veiw of long time visitor on prices, it only a short thread so far.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=106632
di 39
Where are you staying in marmaris we are at club julian. We have never been to marmaris before and are just hoping its ok. :roll:
i would say so ,, weve been feb. may, july, august, sept and returning on monday each time the place as been very quiet infact id say deserted when you look at the size of resorts and bums on seats in bars and restaraunts , the popular ones seem to be doing ok still though
Hinx01 funnily enough the price we had is for the club julian havent booked it yet cos were still deciding. I have heard good things about the julian plenty of things for the kids to do. If we go it will be to the julian.
Diane.
di39

was the price with my travel? thats who we have booked with. Are you still in two minds about going? I've been on the 10 day forecast and the weather is now lookin better :P
Jackie
Yes well it was airtours but they are the same company. Its a choice between there and majorca but need to get it booked. When are you going.
diane.
Hinx,If the entertainment team are still at the Julian you will have a great time.The team last year were really good and we only felt the need to go out on a night a couple of times.I think they will be there until the end of the season.You are lucky you have managed to get booked as theres not much left for October,and what is left is really expensive,around £300 at least,for self catering.I am now looking for November in the Antalya area.
di39
We are going on the 22nd of Oct from cardiff. We went to Majorca in half term a few years ago and it was dead. By the end of our week we were having to get milk from the hotel because all the supermarkets had shut, even the rep at our hotel went home before us! The weather was good though! Cant comment on Turkey at half term because we havent been before. :)
Hi we did go to marmaris last oct in half term it was quietish but there was still plenty of things open. The best thing was the weather it was great but really cold on a night. We got it really cheap aswell. The thing is by the sounds of it turkey has had a really quiet year in general, are you taking kids with you.
Diane.
di39
Yes we are taking one of our daughters she is 17 we are hoping she wont be bored as she is going on her own with us.
My two are 5 and 13 and I know what you mean cos she is always bored shes more like 13 going on 18. Diane.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.