Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think i would be better to buy in gumbet as it's alot for me to carry back from bodrum
I would like to buy a small opal ring and a wedding ring, just plain band. how much should I pay?
someone please advise
Sorry Yogi I really have no idea. But I guess just have a guide price and haggle.......
I can tell you yogi that my wedding ring for the 2 was 230 pounds and they are gold with a white gold through the middle and 1 diamond stone in each. The cost depnds highly on the weight where my husbands was huge and could fit my wrist mine was tiny.
i alays get all my gold from ebru gold in icmeler
:roll: HI,anyone no of any good jewelers that dont hassel u,in marmaris.
Thanks for that I will check out marmaris and icmeler. There is one jellery shop in marmaris think it called whishbone, i bought a ring last year, all prices are marked up in the window, but I chose to haggle and got another £30 of the price.
Someone told me that the average price per gram in Turkey is 8pound. A number of people said that they bartered with the stores and got up to 50% off the price. does that mean they bought it eventually for about 8pound per gram, or was 8pound the first price, and 4pound the sale price. Can anyone clarify what it's possible to get gold for.
i dont know many jewellers in marmaris but a good one in icmeler is ebru gold.

1 to afford in Marmaris is the gold centre, the craftsmanship is poor and they do rip you off, i know of many guests that have had this problem.

The gold price per gram in turkey is done on a exchange rate with the bank and varies just like the exchange rate of money so really depends on the day.
£8 per gramme is about the rate.

You wont get it for £4 per gramme and don't let them know that you are only buying to sell on at a profit in another country or you want get it for £8

John
Hi All :)
Just been reading the posts and think Tokmak got this a little wrong.
1 to afford in Marmaris is the gold centre, the craftsmanship is poor and they do rip you off, i know of many guests that have had this problem.

I think it should read..... 1 to avoid :D

And just for any visitors to the Olu Deniz region, Hisaronu etc, a friend of mine is opening a new store in Hisaronu this year, I think it is going to be called Pyramid Gold. look out for this one, he will definately give you a good deal and won't rip you off, we have dealt with him for many years now and been highly delighted with what we have bought from him, ask for him by name ( Erkan ), and mentioning my name as well won't do you any harm either. ( Kevin ) :wink:
:wink: Kev :wink:
:oops: sorry it is 1 to avoid, i get mixed up, i can type faster than i think, also spend so much tme in winter talkng turkish, english becomes a problem. i apologise to anyone i confused.

sorry again :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hiya Tokmak :lol:
No worries mate, it certainly gave me a giggle reading it though,
:lol: Kev :lol:
We are off to Olu in just over 2 weeks can you confirm the name of your friends gold shop there and also what it is called and where it is
Over the past seven years i have visited turkey most every year and purchased thousands of pouunds worth of jewelery for my wife and daghters . I have had masonic rings and pendants made to measure for myself . Most is 14carat but it is marked with a number . you will get a certificate stating the weight ,carat and value when you buy .Never once have i been displeased with the price or workmanship . I get christmas cards from most of the jewelers i deal with and have had photograghs of new babies sent to me . They are good people but always barter . The story goes in turkey that the reason why there is so many jewelers is that every new bride gets gold for her wedding presents and if her husband turns out to be no use she can sell it to keep herself and children.
Hi,
Does anyone know how much it will cost me to get a Diamond set in a ring? Or where to go? I bought a unusual ring last year from icmeler, it has a sapphire stone in it but i want it replaced when i go back in July.
Also i bought a thin bangle while i was there too but have dented it, would it be able to be smoothed out or not?
Thanks
Lou.
The jeweller you bought the bangle off should be able to help you with the dent and as a good customer service thing I wouldn't have though they would charge you either, I know of a good jeweller in Marmaris bazarr if you wnat his name pm me
My husband bought me a turquoise and gold bracelet in Kusadasi in 1994. I`ve never had any problems with it, and still wear it regularly, as I love it! The shopkeeper wanted £180, and my husband eventually paid £170.I`ve never had it valued here, and now I`m wondering how much it would be worth these days. Do you think I ought to look into it?
What's the silver like?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.