Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I am a fan of silver and found a great shop in the bazzarr in Marmaris called Turkuaz world silver and bought all my silver from there, when I went back the following two years the owner cleaned all the pieces for me for free, and he remembered me from the previous years. I would recomend him to anyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was it well priced Perrydog?
Oh yes the prices where very good :D , if they was not I would not of gone back time and time again :lol: :lol: :lol:
My wife has been ogling a bracelet in Beaverbrooks - £1230 :shock: :shock:
Told her she could BUY :wink: a gold nugget for that in Turkey.

She's just phoned to say she's bought it in the sale - with a £450 discount - and a 16-day return option.

I'm off to Turkey tomorrow with the bracelet. I'm convinced I'll still get one of similar design for much less than the sale price of £780.

Am I being too optimistic?

Homer
Not at all Homer,

You'll probly get 2 or 3 similar bracelets for that price in Turkey :wink: .

Elaine
hey homer - do you fancy giving my husband some tips on how to treat the wife :lol: :lol:

its my birthday when we're away - i'll probably end up with 3 bags for a tenner :rofl
Our money is on you getting a better deal in Turkey

A&L
Thanks everyone,

I am duly convinced :lol:
Not like me to be soooooo pessimistic :oops:

alizda wrote:
hey homer - do you fancy giving my husband some tips on how to treat the wife

Remind him who'll be there to 'guide' him home and nurse his sore head after many countless nights on the Efes & Raki :roll: :roll: or, if romantic gifts are not forthcoming, who will not be there :!: :!: :!:
Homer
I'm off to Icmeler sept, looking to buy a diamond eternity ring. Do you think I could get a decent ring for say 100 to 200 british pounds.
Who would be the best jewellers to go to.

Help don't want to be ripped off.
TurkishDelight.
Hi Turkishdelight

Try Firuze on the main road above the pleasure disco
Tell him Alec and Lin sent you
Never been dissapointed yet

A&L
can anyone recommend jewellers my daughter wants to buy some gold charms for her bracelet and would it be worth her bringing the bracelet would they solder them on
thanks dodge :lol:
I had a lovely modern white gold & diamond ring made by Trust Jewelers in Icmeler.

They made it exactly how I'd described, it's beautiful. I'd highly recomend Trust.

kelly x
hi kelly were are they situated what are the prices like did you have your ring valued when you got home

thanks dodge :roll:
Blue nose just nip in and see me as Metin the owner of trust is a very good friend of mine.

John
One to watch out for someone purchased what they thought was platinum and when they got it back to the UK they were told it was 14k rhodium plated -
Hiya

Trust are really central, but sorry can't describe how to get there as I've only been to Icmeler once and can't remember the streets and place names. I'm sure John will direct you.

All the staff at Trust were so lovely and helpful and have sent me a Christmas card for the past 2-years! My ring cost under £150, but no, I've not had it valued but I have had comments from Jewellers here that it is stunning. I love it.

xx
I visited Oz jewellers in Hisaronu 2 weeks ago and bought a gorgeous ring. It wasn't particularly expensive at 60 pounds but the staff were so nice that you'd have thought I was spending thousands. It took only 20 minutes for it to be sized to fit where it would have taken 2 weeks at home and we were given beer and apple tea while we waited. I would definately recommend Oz for their range of unusual rings and pendants.
Ive bought things from OZ as well. Very good prices and service.
It could just be that I'm not as good as the professionals (Turks) at bartering, but I have never got an amazing bargain at the jewelers in Turkey. I buy some for my wife every year and then find we could have bought similar for the same price at home.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.