Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
XL Airways
10 Posts
:D Hi John

We have flown a few times with XL and there are good dont pay for your meal as there are free but agents dont tell you this.

Take headphones with you also has there is entertainment on board

Hope you have a good flight :lol:

Marion
Hi,
No meal on flight to Dalaman this year said they had stopped doing them.They only had a few snacks left to buy on the way back as well which was causing problems. if you had paid for a meal they were giving a telephone number to call for a refund. My daughter and family thought they had a meal and were starving on finding out they now do not do them, this was from Bristol.
XL
We have flown with XL (Excel) several times and they are very good. They are a major company.
Interesting point about the food. We were fed last year on the Bristol/ Rhodes flight but I shall check before I go this year.

Check http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=59614
HI, My wife and I are flying with XL from Newcastle to Dalaman on 6th July for 2 wks.
When I booked with Direct Hols I didn't book the in flight meals and saved £24. The food on most flights these days isn't woth £6 each, we simply take a snack, sandwich etc and buy a drink on board, saves all the hassle with those tray meals (nightmare, with the limited space between seats) and sitting waiting for them to take the stuff away that you've left!
But everybody has different likes etc, we prefer to save £24, AND as has been said, some airlines take the easy option and give everyone a meal (who wants one!).
If XL have stopped doing meals, it's shocking that Tour Ops (eg MyTravel) are still offering meals on XL flights and charging £24, glad I didn't book the meals..... will let HT know what happens on our XL flights when we return!

RayP
We flew with XL in march this year to egypt,flights were on time,in flight entertainment good,no meals on the flight but they were serving snacks but beware these do sell out very quickly.
We took a sandwich and some snacks with us and bought drinks and some pringles on the flight.
All in all good flight and would use them again.
Karlee
We've booked to go on 25th June to Bodrum and our tickets say meals provided!,Will this be the case or are they printed wrong??
Hi, If your flight code has a V at the end you do not get a meal included but can buy on the plane ,but if there is not a V at the end you get a meal included in the price.
Having used XL for the last 3 years I am always surprised that you get the option to buy a meal when booking, but if you don't you get given one anyway. The trick is don't buy.

Haven't got a V at the end of mine so looks like I will get a free meal as usual (hopefully)
We already have a topic running in our flight section HERE on Excel airways.

I will lock this topic to avoid duplication.

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.