129 independent reviews of the Holiday Village Red Sea
Holiday Village Red Sea
Holiday Village Red Sea Location
Ranked #13 of 107 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh

Holiday Village Red Sea Holiday Village Red Sea is rated 4.19 out of 5 from 129 Reviews

Holiday Village Red Sea Reviews

"excellent resort"
Tracy Gibson visited the Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel, Sharm El Sheikh in August 2013
Had a lovely holiday the food was excellent and our room was fantastic. Stayed in block 3. If you have kids it's very geared up for them. My only complaint was the entertainment at night for adults was terrible!

Not for couples and my husband suffered from upset stomach for most of the holiday. All the trips were excellent and we booked through falcon tours who were very helpful. Do the quad bikes a must!

Tour Operator: thomsons

"Great for families and couples alike"
Deborah Wheeler had a holiday at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel, Sharm El Sheikh in April 2012
1 reader found this review helpful

Swim up room is an absolute must! The staff are amazing, the service top top draw. This was our fourth visit and we are going again in March 2013. The swim up rooms make our holiday, itís a private pool area where only those who have swim up rooms can use it.
The bar staff from the quiet pool come to your rooms with trays of drinks and to take a sandwich order from you for lunch.

The food is average but we have never been poorly during our visits. We pop out to Soho square just outside the complex to eat and shisha a couple of evenings during our stay.

There is a great little English bar just down the road which shows all the football games, my hubby pops off there ...
once a week so we get a break from each other. We have been to Naama bay which is not our cup of tea, a bit of Margate seafront in Egypt.

"Great staff and great food!"
K Gunter/Foulner visited the Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheikh in January 2012
Just back from our second visit to the Holiday Village and it was great and already, planning our 3rd visit.

The staff at the hotel are extremley helpful and go over and above with the service they offer. There was one issue we raised and it was dealt with very professionally by the member of management concerned. He made sure we were happy and satisfied with the service offered and felt, he really cared and listened to what the issue raised.

The food at the hotel was great, as was the service in the restaurants. There was such a variety of food on offer in the main restaurant and you would have to be a particularly fussy eater to not find something suitable. The A La Carte restaurants were delicous and again, the service exceptional! We visited the Stone Grill ...
and will definately be going back!

We had interconnecting rooms which were huge! The room cleaner was in everyday to clean and top up on the essentials.

Most of the time was spent around the quiet pool as this was heated. The pool boys were very helpful, as were the bar staff there. My sons (12 and 7) did use the kids club a few times but were more than happy to play in the pool or on the beach. The youngest one particularly enjoyed going to the I 5 Live disco on a few nights and enjoyed watching the entertainment.

Staff from the Aquaruis company in the Holiday Village were very helpful and we enjoyed the diving and speedboat trip booked with them.

Overall, an amazing holiday with great staff, great food and great weather!

Janine Weaver visited the Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel in September 2011
Well what can I say? This was our fifth visit to the Coral Sea Holiday Village in four years so I think that speaks for itself! Absolutely fantastic time. As usual the service from all the staff here was second to none, from the Management Team to the gardeners, nothing is ever too much trouble for them to ensure that your holiday is a memorable one. I read with interest a recent review which commented on the coveted gold wristband and I would stress that no matter whether you are a returning guest or a first time guest, everyone is treated exactly the same, with courtesy and kindness by all the staff at the Holiday Village. A ĎpleaseíĚ or Ďthank youíĚ goes a long way here and it is only a pity that some ...
of our fellow Brits donít even have these words in their vocabulary. Manners and respect donít cost anything! Yes, we do tip accordingly, but we feel that they deserve our thanks and gratitude for all their help and hard work.

Although this is very much a family-orientated resort it still makes for a fantastic experience for adults travelling without children. If you want to join in all the activities then just do it! If however you want a more relaxing holiday then there are areas and facilities for you just to do that adult only breakfast in the Med restaurant is a must, adult only entertainment in the View Bar and if you time your meals carefully you can have a most pleasurable and relaxing dining experience in the main restaurant, i.e. after 1.00 p.m. and after 8.30 p.m. Some reviews report that the food is bland if you want to eat chips and pizza for two weeks, then yes I suppose you would get bored! Try something new if you donít like it then try something else - the choice of dishes are excellent and they make the best soups ever and cakes to die for! Wael our drinks waiter in the main restaurant did an excellent job in looking after us I donít know how he manages to remember everyoneís drinks but he does! The Bamboo and Med restaurants are both very good and with waiter service this makes for a relaxing change. Again the dishes available in the a la carte restaurants make you spoiled for choice.

The beach may not be everyoneís taste as the sand there is very gritty, but you must remember that this is where the mountains and desert meet the coral reef, so you wonít get soft white sand for making sandcastles. However, get down there to see the sunrise and you will experience a fantastic sight. The sea is so warm and clear itís amazing.

Swim-up rooms are fantastic and again give you the chance to relax a little more than down at the main pool. Plug-in mosquito machines are a must, just like any other hot country mozzies can be a bit of a nuisance! Fahim has got to be the best cleaner ever he was so funny and so incredibly good at his job does fantastic towel art! Peter from the Quiet Pool bar would always ensure that you were never without a drink and was an absolute sweetheart! We met some great people and hopefully we will be sharing some more experiences with them next year yes Mandy, Rich, Gerry and Andy, we mean you same time, same place!

This is a fantastic hotel and I for one really donít want to go anywhere else as this is my idea of a perfect holiday. I must however say a very big thank you to Ramy Saied who always ensures that we have a fantastic holiday he really is one in a million.

So to all the staff and the Coral Sea Holiday Village a very big thank you for making our holiday as wonderful as ever, you should all be proud of yourselves and hereís looking forward to our next visit in September 2012.

"Great for kids"
Diane Hackett had a holiday at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel in March 2011
Can't fault the holiday village, rooms, gardens especially excellent. Food ok average for all-inclusive, there was always something you could eat. The cleaners were excellent, as were the staff especially the First Choice advisors and reception staff, nothing was too much trouble and they always had a smile for you.

Restaurant staff were wonderful the 1st week but went downhill the 2nd week, probably because it got really busy the 2nd week!

As far as the entertainment was concerned excellent for kids but not much for grown-ups and thatís the reason I would not go back again. If you've got kids you can't go wrong!

Recommended: No

"Good for a relaxing break"
Paul and Sheila stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt in February 2011
Have just got back from an 11 night holiday at the Holiday Village Red Sea.

The hotel check in was quick and smooth, and we were shown to our room by a porter who also bought our suitcases for us. We had a standard room on the third floor of block 10 which had a nice view over the quiet pool (more about the pool later).

The room was very large with a walk-in wardrobe and a safe for no extra charge. There was a fridge in the room with a mini-bar, but this is chargeable, and we had it emptied straight away so we could use the fridge to put bottled water in, of which 2 or 3 bottles were left everyday by the cleaner.
The bathroom was also a good size with a large walk-in shower.

We have travelled a lot, ...
staying in many hotels, and the beds in this hotel where the hardest we had ever slept on. Did have a mattress topper put on which helped somewhat.

There were a couple of problems with lights and the bathroom sink tap while we were there, but these were sorted very quickly and efficiently.

The condition of the main room was fine with a nice big balcony, but parts of the bathroom were very tatty with some mould around, and could do with a good re-vamp.

The food around the resort was very mixed, average and very samey in the main buffet restaurant, but with a reasonable choice and mostly well cooked.

There were also three specialality restaurants which were all in the same building - Mediterranean, Asian and Chinese. You could use each of these once per week of your stay, and the food was much better, although we werent over impressed with the Chinese.

The Mediterranean also did an adults only breakfast which we used most mornings, and at lunch time it was open to anyone for limited snacks.

There was also a Sea Food restaurant on the beach, but this was not part of the all inclusive so we didnt go there. However on some days at lunch time it opened as a snack bar, which was very handy if you were on the beach.

There are 2 main pools in the resort, unless you book a swim up room. The quiet pool was heated and therefore not quiet with lots of kids, especially during the first few days we were there due to it being the end of half term. Also some of the kids activities were held on a grass area next to the pool, and kids swimming lessons at one end of the pool in the mornings. The other pool was cold, but many of the daytime activities were held here with loud music for much of the time.

When we were sitting by the pool the teams from the spa, massage and beauty centres hassled us during the first 2 or 3 days, but after that left us alone.

My wife had the Egyptian tummy for a day, and I felt odd a few times this was despite doing all the right things.

The entertainment was ok with the main room having a kids disco followed by bingo, then a game show, and after at 10pm a cabaret show which was either put on by the reps of occasionally an act bought in from outside.

We spent most evenings in the View Bar which was adults only. This used to be a quiet bar, but now after 9pm there is music, quizzes, karaoke and cabaret.

We only left the complex once for a walk to the nearby shops, and as expected we were hassled almost as soon as we walked out of the hotel entrance. I hate this so we didnt stay out long.

I would only rate this complex as a 3 star not 4 star as it is classified by First Choice. Difficult to know if I would recommend it, but probably a good place if you are looking for a relaxing break in the sun.

"Probably one of the best hotels in Sharm"
Richard visited the Holiday Village Red Sea in January 2011
Coral Sea Holiday Village, Sharm el Sheikh, with First Choice.

The Holiday Village itself:
The sprawling complex is set in one of the most green and beautiful grounds around this part of Egypt.

The Holiday Village staff:
Nothing was too much trouble they will make your holiday a wonderful time.

Evening Entertainment:
The First Choice team were probably in amongst the best Evening entertainers I have seen from First Choice and so it should be if you have gone to this hotel as All Inclusive you wouldn't want to have to go out of an evening to be entertained and have to pay for your drinks.

Children's daytime entertainment:
Although we didn't take our 24 & 25 year old children;-) I could see that children of all ages where very well catered for by the First Choice Team with lots of exciting things for them to do.

Restaurants and ...
food:
The choice and availability is excellent and if you require something special you have only to ask in the Buffet Restaurant and if its possible ewill oblige. However with the exception of the beach bar we ate exclusively in the Buffet Restaurant and we were very careful about not drinking water or having ice but we contracted what was probably a mild form of food poisoning, this is something that has never happened to us before in Egypt, nor almost at any of our 3 or 4 holidays we take each year? and this can only be attributed to the Holiday Villages prepared food or drink as we never left the complex at all.

Pools:
The quiet heated pool is lovely and warm and between 1.5 & 1.6 metres deep so ideal for the not so keen swimmers. The main pool was quite a bit cooler but was well used by everyone, however the swim-up-room pools where absolutely freezing!

The Sea and Beach:
This is one of the better beaches with a variety of beds, shades and suspended rope beds; the sand beach is clean and continues well out into the shallow sloping warm sea.

Mosquitoes:
Mosquitoes were a BIG problem at this hotel in both early January 2010 last year and late Jan 2011 this year when we stayed. Although the hotel did make efforts to spray their beautiful gardens, this was hit and miss, the man (with no mask on) walked along with the sprayer lance pointing behind him as he walked at quite a pace however he only succeeded in leaving a cloud of smoke lingering along the path he had just walked. Very little spread into the shrubbery where the sketoes would be lurking. In the mornings I would find at least four clinging to the dark wood door to our room upon opening they would fly into the room. One young girl had at least fifty bites on just one leg, which she said happened on her first night at the Holiday Village, she had to have a course of injections from the Dr. to make the swelling go down! We got a few bites even though we must have killed dozens in our room, some containing blood, our blood I assumed.

In conclusion:
This is probably one of the best holiday complexes in Sharm and mainly filed with British, I have heard horror stories from Brits put in predominantly Russian or Italian hotels. Just bring plenty of insect repellent spray, and diocalm or whatever and you will have a great time here.

Kirkie had a holiday at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel in August 2010
I have been back a few days now from the Holiday Village Red Sea and I thought I would write quite a comprehensive review on what I thought of the complex and staff etc.

Our stay was for 10 days and I travelled with my wife and 2 children aged 11 and 5. I booked a double standard room after I read quite a few reviews as I was undecided on what accommodation would be best.

On arrival at Sharm Airport we were met by friendly First Choice staff who showed us too one of several coaches which were waiting to take people to different complex's, but be warned that when you get to the coach this is the 1st time that you will be asked for money by someone wanting to put your case on the bus. The transfer is around ...
15-20 minutes and when we got to the Holiday Village the booking process was quite quick, however because I had emailed the hotel prior to leaving the UK about prices on a Swim Up Room they had actually got me down as wanting one and this was not the case at all.

I was given keys to block 14 and asked to wait outside and I would be shown to my room and the cases would follow later. Block 14 is probably the furthest from the pools and beach etc. So not a great place to be. The 1st thing we noticed was that our room had 2 single beds and a chair bed and we had 4 persons in our group and we asked for a double so it wasn't what we actually booked. I telephoned reception and I was told that someone would come and put a further camp bed in the room to which I replied, don't bother as we want a room with a double bed and 2 single bedsĚ. I was informed that this would not happen tonight as they have no rooms available and we would get a camp bed in the room.

It took another 30 minutes for our cases to arrive and too be honest by now we were quite tired and angry about the room situation. We went to the restaurant as this is kept open especially for you, but too be honest it is the remains of the evening meal so don't expect anything wonderful. When we got back to our room a camp bed had been put in there and it was that dangerous and unsafe we refused to allow anyone to sleep in it so we had to double up in a single bed. We eventually got put into Block 11 at 7pm the following evening so we missed the 1st day by messing around trying to get the room sorted and living out of our suitcases so the holiday didn't get off to a great start.

This was a standard room and too be honest it was very clean and spacious with a Queen size bed and 2 good single beds with a view over the swim up rooms and quiet pool. During the night around 1am on the 1st night in here we lost all power which included the Air Conditioning, I telephoned reception and to our amazement we had a maintenance man knocking on the door within 5 minutes and fixed the problem straight away so this was brilliant.

The gardens at the Holiday Village are lovely and are always being maintained by gardeners, but be warned that the water smells horrendous that comes out of the sprinklers probably recycled. The pools are well maintained, but plenty of litter around the pool that had been there for days as we tended to use the same loungers every day. The men around the pool wore orange and white striped tops and I thought these people were extremely lazy and rude. They would walk past litter and all they did all day would be to sit in a wooden hut dishing out towels. When you arrive you get towel cards with your room number on. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen. I have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts and never seen this before, why does it need your room number on surely you can be given the right number of cards per persons in your group as this would stop them losing your cards most days or stood waiting for 5-10 minutes until they had found them.

There are 2 bars situated around the main pool and something I found rather strange is that you can't get the same drinks in both. There is only 1 popcorn machine for the whole complex which is near to the main pool bar and if you want ice cream, well you have to walk right around the pool near to the al a carte restaurant which is ridiculous, why not have more stations?
The food in the main restaurant is of a good standard and quite a variety. The a la carte has a Mediterranean, Indian & Chinese. All which are OK, but the Indian was poor as they use black pepper rather than spices.

The First Choice entertainment team are outstanding and especially the guys who make up i5Live. We loved all the activities during the night and day and these guys and girls certainly put some hours in and get great audience participation. Whilst we were there we had some great acts on including The Unlikely Lads and some guy that was on Britains Got Talent, but when the local Egyptian dancers came on one night I have never seen the amphitheatre empty so quick. I will guarantee you will come home singing songs like Choco Latte, Shake it, i5Live, One Eyed People Eater and many many more.

Whilst at the Holiday Village most people got the dreaded Egyptian Tummy and Ear infections, but a trip to the chemist sorted most people out.
Overall we did enjoy the holiday, but certainly wouldn't want to be there for any longer than 10 days.

"Disappointing"
Kirkie stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel in August 2010

On arrival at Sharm Airport we were met by friendly First Choice staff who showed us too one of several coaches which were waiting to take people to different complexís, but be warned that when you get to the coach this is the 1st time that you will be asked for money by someone wanting to put your case on the bus.

The transfer is around 15-20 ...
minutes and when we got to the Holiday Village the booking process was quite quick, however because I had emailed the hotel prior to leaving the UK about prices on a Swim Up Room they had actually got me down as wanting one and this was not the case at all. I was given keys to block 14 and asked to wait outside and I would be shown to my room and the cases would follow later.

Block 14 is probably the furthest from the pools and beach, etc, so not a great place to be. The 1st thing we noticed was that our room had 2 single beds and a chair bed and we had 4 persons in our group and we asked for a double so it wasnít what we actually booked. I telephoned reception and I was told that someone would come and put a further camp bed in the room to which I replied, Donít bother as we want a room with a double bed and 2 single beds. I was informed that this would not happen tonight as they have no rooms available and we would get a camp bed in the room. It took another 30 minutes for our cases to arrive and too be honest by now we were quite tired and angry about the room situation.

We went to the restaurant as this is kept open especially for you, but too be honest it is the remains of the evening meal so donít expect anything wonderful. When we got back to our room a camp bed had been put in there and it was that dangerous and unsafe we refused to allow anyone to sleep in it so we had to double up in a single bed. We eventually got put into Block 11 at 7pm the following evening so we missed the 1st day by messing around trying to get the room sorted and living out of our suitcases so the holiday didnít get off to a great start.

The gardens at the Holiday Village are lovely and are always being maintained by gardeners, but be warned that the water smells horrendous that comes out of the sprinklers probably recycled. The pools are well maintained, but plenty of litter around the pool that had been there for days as we tended to use the same loungers every day. The men around the pool wore orange and white striped tops and I thought these people were extremely lazy and rude. They would walk passed litter and all they did all day would be to sit in a wooden hut dishing out towels. When you arrive you get towel cards with your room number on. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen. I have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts and never seen this before, why does it need your room number on surely you can be given the right number of cards per persons in your group as this would stop them losing your cards most days or stood waiting for 5-10 minutes until they had found them.

There are 2 bars situated around the main pool and thing I found rather strange is that you canít get the same drinks in both. There is only 1 popcorn machine for the whole complex which is near to the main pool bar and if you want ice cream, well you have to walk right around the pool near to the al a carte restaurant which is ridiculous, why not have more stations?

The First Choice entertainment team are outstanding and especially the guys who make up i5Live. We loved all the activities during the night and day and these guys and girls certainly put some hours in and get great audience participation. Whilst we were there we had some great acts on including The Unlikely Lads and some guy that was on Britainís Got Talent, but when the local Egyptian dancers came on one night I have never seen the amphitheatre empty so quick. I will guarantee you will come home singing songs like Choco Latte, Shake it, i5Live, One Eyed People Eater and many many more.

Overall we did enjoy the holiday, but certainly wouldnít want to be there for any longer than 10 days.

Recommended: No

"Want to go back next year!"
Grant Family had a holiday at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt in August 2010
Just returned from our 3rd trip to the Holiday Village - and still love it and want to go back next year!

The whole place is spotless, the staff work incredibly hard and are constantly cleaning everywhere, tending to the gardens (which are really lovely) - I cannot believe some of the reviews which say the hotel is dirty - it is completely and utterly pristine.

We had a junior suite and the cleaner kept it fantastically clean. A bulb was out in the bathroom when we arrived - went to reception to report it after dinner and by the time we walked back to the room, the repair man was waiting at the door to change the bulb! Public areas, including toilets, are kept incredibly clean (despite some of the filthy people using them) - report something and it is ...
fixed immediately. The public toilets are cleaned regularly, not just once a day.

Food is great - absolutely tons of choice, if you want to be a bit adventurous you can, if you want simple food well prepared you'll find that too. Breakfast - mountains of choice, freshly cooked eggs and omelets, cooked, continental, pastries (to die for) etc.. Lunch - similar great choice, pool side different every day with chips, salad, etc. Dinner - themed evenings, freshly cooked pizza for the kids, pasta bar, hot choices, salad bar, lovely dessert counter (about 20 deserts to choose from - cocktails if you arrive early! Pastries and buns for afternoon tea - I could go on forever (and ate far too much again!).

Pools - lovely. Yes you have to get up very early to get a pick of the sun beds - but I have traveled to loads of places and it's no different here. Yes there was a problem with some idiot or idiots poohing in the main pool every day for about 8 days - the hotel did what they could and eventually identified the culprit and evicted them. The hotel senior management were on site and doing everything they could - difficult to check every person! In terms of cleanliness they were efficient in cleaning the pool as soon as it happened. Quite how anyone could do this for some sort of kick is way beyond me, hope they are banned from every hotel forever. The pool is cleaned every day at about 5.00am (couldn't sleep so went down a couple of times).

Kids clubs great, frequent, loads of things to do. My daughter did Razamataz and absolutely loved it (£35 for three days - money very well spent!). The shows in the amphitheater are of course cheesy but it's a holiday - chill and have a laugh (we're still doing the Court of King Caractacus now!).

Staff - so friendly and helpful - special mention to Mustafa the pool attendant - lovely guy. Bar staff great, really friendly and helpful. Will bring drinks to you at poolside if you\'re polite - the occasional tip is nice too, they deserve it but do not expect it.

Beach is lovely but very hot - and the snorkeling off the jetty - beyond fantastic. Saw more this year than in previous years - not sure why. Just breathtaking to swim amongst the beautiful fish in crystal clear water.

My wife and daughter had slight tummy upsets but nothing serious - I do not believe it's due to a lack of cleanliness or hygiene more to do with dehydration, different food and swallowing pool water! To read some of the reviews on here you would think that they were bringing out the dead on a regular basis - not true!!!

I could go on and on, this probably sounds like an advert or written by First Choice but it's not - we simply love the place and have had a great holiday three years in a row. We have traveled quite a lot and seen varying standards (and have high standards given that we pay a lot of money for a holiday) but this place really ticks all the boxes - I cannot believe some of the reviews on here that say this place is dirty or lacking in facilities or choice of food - it feels like they're writing about a different place! Someone actually complained that the grouting in their bathroom was poor.. Get a life!

We also met lots of families that we have seen in previous years - a good recommendation if people return regularly. Really want to go back in 2011, had a great time. Take some of the reviews on here with a pinch of salt!

"We'd go back tomorrow if we could!"
Harry Boat stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt in August 2010
This was the best family holiday we've ever had - it's a fantastic hotel with something for everyone.

We were in block 10, which overlooks the quiet pool and is right next to the main building which houses the Reception area, main bars, shops, main restaurant, indoor entertainment room and clinic.

We had a standard family room for 4 which was huge with an enormous patio. We had a triple bed plus 2 singles. There was also a walk-in wardrobe/dressing room. The bathroom was huge too but only had a shower not a bath. There's a hairdryer, TV and mini-bar. We asked the cleaner (Mohammed) to empty the bar on the first morning so we could use the fridge for water. Mohammed was amazing, working 12 hour shifts 30 days on, 10 days off. Every other ...
day he made us a sculpture out of towels or bedclothes, including a swan, flower and crocodile. He was always polite and very helpful. A couple of 100 EGP tips probably helped!

The hotel was spotless with cleaners and gardeners working long into the night. There are over 300 Egyptian staff living on site and they are all extremely hardworking and very friendly. We were there during Ramadan, and they weren't allowed to eat or drink between 4.40 am and 6.20 pm. I don't know how they survive working 12 hour shifts in temperatures in the 40s and 50s.

The food in the main restaurant was ok (breakfast was best), and dinner time was a bit of a scrum, but we were there in the first 2 weeks of August. The food was always hot and fresh, and they even served roast beef with Yorkshire pud! The 3 A la Carte restaurants were excellent, the Indian being our favourite. We didn't try the beach restaurant but were told that this was better than all the rest.

Location wasn't bad, but you will get hassled the minute you walk out of the hotel. All the locals want you to go into their shops. Just be polite and say 'no thanks'. There are banks, a McDonalds, a KFC, a Burger King, a TGI Friday and a 24/7 supermarket within 5 minutesí walk. The pharmacy at the hotel entrance was very good, and they sorted out my 11 year old son's dodgy stomach within 2 days.

The beach is a bit of a let-down, but the snorkelling off the jetty makes up for that. It's best to go out to where the water changes colour and the floor drops away. It's like Finding Nemo!

The entertainments team worked tirelessly although some of their productions were better than others. The amphitheatre wasn't very comfortable, but the kids loved it. The daytime stuff for kids was great, and ours tried the zip wire, high ropes, canoeing, hamster ball, movie night, chocolate party, the list goes on. Special thanks to Jake who made friends with my youngest.

The main pool was the cause of a lot of complaints from other guests. The 'poo in the pool brigade' were at it big time. The pool was closed 8 times during our stay, and the staff were convinced it was malicious. They had their eyes on 3 groups of people, but they hadn't caught them in the act by the time we left.

The other issue was sunbeds. Most were reserved by 6 am, and there were complaints to the management resulting in all the towels being removed at 7.30 am. Then the rush started again. They also decided to enforce the policy of removing towels from beds that weren't occupied after 10.15 am. I'm not sure what people expect when the hotel is full in peak season, but there was always the quiet pool or the beach. Some people also thought that being rude and arrogant to the pool boys would help, but we found that a friendly chat was much better. Thanks to Omar and Hassan who always seemed able to find us a bed.

Finally - the dodgy stomach. Every family we met had some experience of it! Even the First Choice staff said they get it every couple of weeks. As mentioned, the local pharmacy is the place to go, plus there's a doctor on-site. Everyone uses hand gel, but it's a dirty country and it's easy to pick bugs up. Our son's problems were down to the heat and him not drinking enough water. I suspect a lot of other peoples' were too.

Don't let it put you off though. It's a wonderful hotel in an amazing country where you have the chance to see and learn about a completely different culture.

Scarlett visited the Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheikh in July 2010
Ok so I have just got back from the holiday village red sea and I thought it would be good to share my views on the place for once from the view of a 15 year old teenager.

The hotel was pretty much spotless but sometimes the hotel staff missed out certain aspects such as polishing the room or emptying bins.

The food however was incredible! You couldnt fault it there was something new to try every day and even though I am an extremely picky eater I enjoyed EVERYTHING I ate!! Also the indian, asian and mediteranean al a carte restarunts were delicious and the fish at Le mer were to die for!!

The location of the actual hotel was pretty good but as it was not very close to the main shops there were family buisness\' just outside the ...
hotel and if you visited them you would get very badly hassled. However I gave the location 5 stars as the hotel itself is set in some fantastic grounds. The hotel has absoloutly fabulous gardens that are very well maintained (I saw the gardeners cut the grass at least twice every day!!)

Most of the staff at the hotel are pretty friendly perhaps a little to friendly some of the egyption staff tend to flirt a little with the british teenage girls but its pretty much harmless. Also the first choice/thompson reps how ever it is in the first choice offices are not brilliant some are but others are a little unreliable.

The entertainment at the hotel is pretty good every evening there is an i5Live disco with fantastic party songs to dance along to like choc-o-late, cartoon heros and king court a king caractacous. Its qreat fun for the 11's and under but can also be fun if your over that age and just want to muck around with your mates especially if your hyper!!!
Also the kids club and creche for 6months-2 3-5 and 6-8 yearolds is good to and for the older ones wavelength for 9-11 and 12-15 year old's is fantastic and of course all the reps are great fun you even get a free t-shirt. But as there is nothing for the 16's and over except the day time activities the entertainment only gets 4 stars.

Scarlett visited the Holiday Village Red Sea in July 2010

The food however was incredible! You couldnít fault it there was something new to try every day and even though I am an extremely picky eater I enjoyed EVERYTHING I ate!! Also the Indian, Asian and Mediterranean al carte restaurants were delicious and the fish at Le mer were to die for!!

The location of the actual hotel was pretty good but as it was not very close to the main shops there were family business\' just outside the hotel ...
and if you visited them you would get very badly hassled. However I gave the location 5 stars as the hotel itself is set in some fantastic grounds. The hotel has absolutely fabulous gardens that are very well maintained (I saw the gardeners cut the grass at least twice every day!!)

Most of the staff at the hotel are pretty friendly perhaps a little too friendly some of the Egyptian staff tend to flirt a little with the British teenage girls but itís pretty much harmless. Also the first choice/thomson reps however it is in the first choice offices are not brilliant some are but others are a little unreliable.

The entertainment at the hotel is pretty good every evening there is an i5Live disco with fantastic party songs to dance along to like choc-o-late, cartoon heroes and king court a king caractacous. Its great fun for the 11's and under but can also be fun if youíre over that age and just want to muck around with your mates especially if youíre hyper!!!

Also the kids club and crŤche for 6months-2 3-5 and 6-8 year olds is good to and for the older ones wavelength for 9-11 and 12-15 year Oldís is fantastic and of course all the reps are great fun you even get a free t-shirt. But as there is nothing for the 16's and over except the day time activities the entertainment only gets 4 stars.

"Lovely Hotel"
i campbell visited the Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel in July 2010
The hotel was lovely, it was beautiful, the staff work well and very hard.

"Recommended"
ms robinson had a holiday at Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt in July 2010
We were amazed with the selection of food we had on our all-inclusive holiday, and the quality was fantastic. The location of the hotel was great, we had a few shops around the site but were also near to Mc donalds and TGI Fridays etc .

The staff at the hotel seemed to work 24hrs a day and trust me they did work, they couldnít do enough for you and nothing was too much trouble.

The ...
entire hotel was spotless as was our room. Room service came every day and it was always done immaculately. We would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone and will defiantly be going back again.

Lesley & Neil Houghton stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheikh in June 2010
All i can say is excellent would recommend to everyone try the red sea holiday village superb !!!!

Tour Operator: First choice

Ames stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel, Sharm El Sheikh in May 2010
This was by far the best holiday we have ever had. The hotel staff can\'t do enough for you, they really do treat every single guest like royalty. The complex was spotless, cleaners working around the clock and gardeners hard at it too. Rooms were really big and yet again, spotless.
The bar staff were excellent, they work 15 hour shifts for weeks and weeks before getting a few days off, yet they never ever complain, genuinly happy to help and always joining in, having a laugh round the pool etc.
The restaurants had plenty of choice available, even the desserts were nice,in other holiday destinations the desserts have been tastless but not here!
The locatio was great, only a short distance from the airport, hotels own beach, shops, banks, pharmacies all on your doorstep and much more being added to the area ...
in the very near future.
My husband broke his ankle 8 days before our holiday, the First Choice Rep,Rami, did everything possibe to help him get the most out of his holiday even with limited mobility. Also the hotel staff drove him round the complex on a golf buggy type cart and didnt once complain.
The kids clubs were also great, my 3 boys (10,8 and 5)all joined in and loved it.
I could go on forever about how wonderful this place is because there really wasnt anything that we had a problem with. If you\'re considering booking this hotel then go for it, you won\'t be disappointed.
We will be returning.

c blades stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel in April 2010
The hotel is very clean, even the toilets around the pool were kept well cleaned, ladies and gents( my husband informs me!)Wherever you were in the hotel during the day there was cleaning going on somewhere.
The food was good in the resturant, to say how many clients were being catered for, I feel they coped well. It was very rare you went in to a dirty table, and if you did the waiters were on to it immeadietly.We found it more peaceful if we ate later in the evening.
Hotel is located very central, almost oppisite mc\'s, kfc, tgi fridays etc.
We found the majority of the staff were fantastic, this wasn\'t just because they were tipped as some people said, as we didn\'t tip until we were leaving the hotel, and were given fantastic service throughout our holiday, both at the ...
pool and resturant, etc.
It was a pain at times the amount of times you were pestered about having beauty treatments! I went on holiday intending to have a few massages, and completely changed my mind because they asked me so many times,it put me off which is a shame. If they introduced themselves with pricelists once, and left the rest to you they would probably get more business.
The entertainment is good if you have small children, lots of dancing, game shows etc.We went into that room a few nights and were always acknowledged by the entertainment team, even though we did\'nt get involved.
The reps always spoke when passing in the grounds, and I thought they did a fab job during the delays, considering they had alot of people demanding answers of when we were getting home.
First choice are a credit I feel, the way they looked after us! 5 extra days, kept in the same hotel all inclusive with not a penny to spend, would have taken the worry away for alot of guests.
Could have done with more sunloungers at the beach, and more seating at the upstairs outdoor area,for a evening other than that it was good.
The other resturants we visited were good too, I particularly enjoyed the chinese, and my hubby enjoyed the indian best, we didn\'t get round to trying the med, as there were only early times left, and we didn\'t want to eat that early.
We are going to visit this hotel again, I\'m looking at booking now, we were considering trying the hotel next door as it looked nice and has a longer jetty,which is great for snorkelling, but since we enjoyed our holiday here so much, we worried that we wouldn\'t like it as much, so I think we will returning to this hotel.
It would be nice if there was a club just for the teenagers to hang out. The kids club was for 9 to 15 years, but my daughter who is 13 wouldn\'t entertain going to a club with 9 year olds, she is quiet too, so it took her over a week to make friends, if there had been something for them to go to, I\'m sure a few more would have mixed quicker.
Overall we thourghly enjoyed our stay at the holiday village and the weather was fantastic!
The extra days were a bonus!!

Tour Operator: first choice

Jules stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea in March 2010
The flights were fine, and we had no hassle at the airport.
On the outbound my bag was 25kg, I was only supposed to have 20kg, the girl said they can only take a bag up to 23kg, I stuck my toiletries in my brothers bag, and off we went.
On the return, my bag was 29kg, no-one blinked an eyelid! (the check in guy was sweet and just let it go!)
The man loadeing the bags on the coach, was trying to get some tips, but we had no change, and were happy to load our bag on anyway if we needed. just say no, respectfully, it will be fine.
Hotel greeted us with a cocktail, and lovely room after quick check in.
bags brought to room after about 20mins.
Lovely big room, great balcony, twin large beds, couch, bathroom was useable, but looking ...
abit old- pealing paint etc. We were only in it for a shower, so no problem really. (room 10215.) Great location for main restaurant, entertainment, bar, and heated pool view.
All staff were great, food excellent all meals, buffet and beach, pizza all fab. (And I\'m a vegetarian)
Ate at the Sari once, it was fine, nice location, food good.
Entertainment was mostly good, Loved the Harper Bros, both shows different and hilarious.
The snorkeling was great, just a bit of a walk out, but great fish just off the shelf.
Enjoyed the waterslides, beach cabanas with swing beds in them.
Staff are all really lovely, be polite to them, they don\'t have it easy.
We did the Ras Mohammed through \"x\" at Aquarius on the beach, nice day out, bit choppy that day, so the visability not so good.
Thats it- i would recommend it to anyone, adults families everyone.

You would have to be very picky to not love it!

Jules

Tour Operator: first choice

G stayed at Holiday Village Red Sea Hotel, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt in March 2010
I visited this resort at the end of March / start of April 2010 and I have mixed feelings about the trip. The resort was clean and the cleaners were often around the pool and in the restaurants. They clean your room but they will make more effort if you tip them. I was told that Block 8 which we stayed in was only 3 years old. It was a nice clean block but the bathroom looked as though it was ready to fall apart.

Most of the staff from the resport were nice especially those working in the bars. The First Choice people couldn\'t care less if you have any problems.

We booked for three adults in one room, we had a two person room with a little camp bed which I didnt mind that much but we asked about ...
20 times for our third sunbed (as we had paid the same price for all three adults) but we never received it

The food was nice and well cooked but it can get very repetitive after a few days especially if you are a vegetarian

Most of the shop owners in the resport were nice but even a few of them wouldnt leave me alone thinking that i had millions of pounds to spend on rubbish that i didnt want. I actually found this treatment quite scary.

The pools were nice but very crowded and again there are so many rude people who come round trying to force you to have a massage or other services and they wont leave you alone and this to a large extent spoilt the holiday as I felt that i didnt want to be outside if they were always hassling me and saying no just makes them angry and makes them try harder to force their services onto you

So all in all the resort was clean, the grounds were nice, the food was good but a bit repetitive and some staff were excellent whereas others were rude and uninterested

Previously known as: