Sahara Beach Hotel

• Location
Joanne
Holiday Nightmare
3 years 2 months ago
We went end of August and it was a party of 6, 2 adults 4 kids. The only decent thing about this hotel was the outdoor area aqua park.
We stayed here every day as trying to get a sunbed around one of the pools was a joke.
You'd have to be up at 5.30am, queue till 7 then put your towels down.
We went to the aqua park at 9am every morning and got a sunbed and
the kids enjoyed the slides but that's all.
We waited 3 hours for our room to be ready, only to be greeted by last guest stains down the toilet. Cigarette burns in the kids bedding and also in the sink. There was no cot for my little one, no toilet rolls and queued for up to an hour and a half for our wristbands and gettin told to sit down like a kid.
The food was appalling in the restaurant and the food was covered in flies, undercooked and recycled for breakfast.ie potatoes, lamb mixed veg, undercooked BBQ food and we witnessed the outdoor BBQ chef serve pink jelly half cooked chicken, used his hands on raw meat and never washed his hands.
My little girl age 19 months at the time became unwell 4 days into the holiday with diarrhoea. We put it down to the weather, but the day after another family member also caught it and then the day before we were due to go home I too caught it. I had severe stomach cramps, diarrhoea, then another member had caught it.
Back home my little girl had stool samples tested after 12 weeks of constant diarrhoea, lost a lot of weight. The results came back as Gastroenteritis. At the time and weeks before our travel that hotel had high hit alerts of salmonella eco li and Gastroenteritis, yet Thomas Cook still allow people come to this hotel.
8 months on my little one is still not right and finally, Thomas Cook has admitted liability.
Never in my life having travelled for 19 years have I, nor my family been ill or had to complain.
Cleanliness:
Food:
Service:
Location:
Entertainment:

Travel operator: thomas cook

Hotel tip: Don't go

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below:

Welcome to Holiday Truths

Register to contribute in our forum, leave your holiday reviews and enjoy exclusive offers from your favourite travel brands.

By registering, you agree to us sending personalised emails offering holiday advice and travel deals from our travel partners. By clicking Continue, I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.