Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I have added the Aqua Blu Sharm to our database so if anyone can help by posting a review we would be very grateful.

here
Hi it is part of the Pickalatross group that also own Alf Lela ( 1001 nights ). It is a couple of mins drive from Old Market or a 10/15 min walk down the hill. It is close to Alf Lela and Il Mercato shopping centre and Naama is about 10 min drive away. It is quite new so there are not many reviews. There are only a couple of UK Tour ops selling it at the moment so you will probably find that the English will be out numbered by the Russians etc.
sorry that should read Pickalbatros A1travel and Travel Republic sell it.
Hi, is anyone going to this hotel over christmas period or has been last christmas? Cant seem to find many opinions on this place
Thinking of booking this for 4th december fpr my birthday any info i have found some loverly revews 32 water slides 9 pools heated it says
thanks
san
Hi this hotel is quite new and the water park is open to the public. It is in Hadaba and very near to Old Market, Alf Lela and Il Mercato shopping mall. It is about 10 mins drive into Naama Bay. If you google Pickalbatoss they have a website that has lots of nice pics on of the waterpark and Alf Lela.
Hi all, looking at going to the Aqua Blu Hotel in Sharm with family, have a few questions would appreciate info,
Know the Aquapark is opened to the public whats to stop public coming into hotel grounds?
Does the all inclusive extend into Aquapark, or do we have to pay icecreams etc?
The beach is not very clear from photos is there a beach or just deep water, again thinking of the kids?
Doesnt sound like there are too many Brits go there, is that a problem? went to Coral Sea resort last time, loads of Brits. Thinking of kids making friends.
Thanks to all that can give any info
Hi I have just booked a family to this hotel and she too wondered why it's not in many tour op brochures. I think as someone mentioned earlier it's a fairly new hotel so you may see it in next years brochures, in the meantime we have a few accommodation only suppliers we can book it with. But also it's worth remembering that one of Sharms most popular hotels isn't in any UK brochure and yet it gets fantastic reviews from British holidaymakers. (The Sultan Gardens)
We too cant find any info on this hotel, worried about being outnumbered by Russians, is that a problem, never been involved in that situation.
Desperately want to know what the evening entertainment is like, had bad experience before, worried about the safety of all the grandchildren as this is also a public aquapark, how do they segregate the hotel off? please can anyone put some light on these queries? Nan
We (3 adults 1 14 year old and a 5 year old) have just booked this hotel for nov/dec .Got an excellent price of 2600 for 2 weeks AI.Hubby n I was in Sharm 18 months ago n hated it ,we are definate EL Gouna lovers,but as my best mate n kids wants to come we thought this might be our best bet for keeping the kids occupied.Hope it all works out ,my marriage may depend on it .lol
Hi,
Just a random question but what are the Family rooms in Aqua Blu resort Hurghada like? [How many bathrooms, what faciilities etc.]
Just wondering as I am visiting in August and no where seems to tell us what they are like!
Thanks
x
Any one else going to Aqua Blu Sharm first 2 weeks in Aug ?

Going with husband and 2 kids (9 & 5) hopefully not the only Brits there !!

Alison
Hi there,

We are a family of 6 and we're going to the Aqua Blu for 10 days from the 2nd Aug until the 12th so you wont be the only Brits there!

We have 4 kids and are looking forward to going, except for the heat which we have been told will be hot hot hot.. ;)

We have heard some lovely reports so fingers crossed. Have you been to Egypt before Alison?
Hi

I cant wait either ! How old are you kids ?

We went to Sharm last year in July and stayed at the Holiday Village, Yes it is very hot was around 40s the whole time we were and the locals reckon Aug is hotter :sun2 , it is a very dry heat though so bearable and give the amount of slides I reckon we will be spending a fair amount of time in the water LOL !!!

Alison
Hi Alison,

We have 2 eleven year olds a boy & girl and 2 girls aged 12 & 14.

The kids are looking forward to all the slides etc. We are going for 10 days arriving on the 2nd of August.

It seems the Aqua Blu is a huge complex so i hope there will be lots to do, but not many other Brits i hear? :(

Jessica
We are of her in November so I do hope you lot post good reviews now LOL

it was difficult to find as there is a hotel just called Aqua Blu in Shrm too
but having the sister Albatros hotel to use too is nice I hope
Hi

I really cant wait, on count down already (bit sad) most of the reviews are really good, couple of people complaining about the glasses used at the bar..but dont think I will be letting that ruin my holiday !! :cheers Some people have said they have taken Thermo cups and the bar staff have no problems filling then up..

Alison
Hi

Myself and the family are there on the 4th of July for two weeks

4 kids, 17, 14 13 and 10.

Reviews are great, so i wouldn't worry too much.

Bring some 1/2 pint tumblers.........tip for the small cup situation...........hand them in, with a small tip ;)

Paul
Hi

Have also learnt from last year a tip for the pool boys will get you a sunbed everyday, which I dont agree with and didnt do last year at the holiday village but it sure would prevent the having to get up early. Does anyone know if we can get into the aqua park before it opens to general public ?

Think I will defo be taking some plastic tumblers with us

Alison
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.