DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Also, I rang Yorkshire Bank Visa, we paid in full in August 08 so as long as I can send something to say the company has ceased trading I will get refunded straight away. If not I will have to wait till the holiday dates pass to ask for my money back.
I have had to book again for my room today so we can still have our holiday at a further cost of £500 (not with WSH I hasten to add)
hi me my husband and his mum and dad have just been to tenerife for the new year booking with wsh we booked two hotels one for the 1st 4 days and then one for the week . the 1st one we had no problem but when we moved to the 2nd they told me it had been canceled i phoned the number in resort and she confirmed this with no explanation at all .so i phoned our friend at home who had made the booking to see if he had any emails and wsh had emailed him the day after we had flew out to say they had to cancel and that they would put the money back in to my account they did this which i thank myself lucky for as i payed with my swicth card they payed us the full amount of £940 but we then had to pay another £343.60 on top some people would'nt have been able to do this not every one carry's a credit card . i also have been trying to get hold of them with no joy who do i claim the rest back from does anyone know ?
A message on the WSH Travel answering service now confirms that with sincere apologies and deep regret, Winter Sunshine Holidays Ltd has now ceased trading after 20 years. The message advises customers to assume that all forward bookings have been cancelled. Those who have paid by credit card are advised to contact their own card providers. All other customers should submit written claims to the liquidator:

Begbies Traynor
The Old Barn
Caverswall Park
Caverswall Lane
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
ST3 6HP
Tel: 01782 394 500
Web: http://www.begbies-traynor.com/stoke/69
Email: stoke@begbies-traynor.com

Trading names of Winter Sunshine Holidays Ltd include WSHtravel.com, Find-Rooms.com and BespokeDestinations.com.

David
Hi All
Their web site now has the same message posted. What a shame. Shall now have to re book with another company and see what visa can do regards refund.

Robert
A great shame. My dealings with WSH showed them to be a helpful, caring concern with a personal touch and I fully believe that their decision to go into voluntary liquidation will have been one forced upon them rather than chosen.Should anyone involved in the business happen to log on here again (I know that in the past, the M.D. used to log on here and react sympathetically to any problems) may I extend my thanks for past services and my best wishes for their futures.
For those, like me, who now must claim money back from credit card firms, remeber Mr Clifford's words as to why this situation has come about - don't take 'no' for an answer, hound 'em for your money back and go for County Court Judgements against them if they play rough. Help is available on http://www.which.co.ukand also on http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk
Hi,

I agree with you sagres, I have in the past had several holidays using them, never any problems, I am very sorry to see they have had to close.

As you say, if anyone does log on I would like to say thank you too.

Deb.
i agree but to let people go to the hotel and not pay their bill is discusting. My mum is 75 yrs old and her friend 66 and disabled. Mum said she's not going to let it spoil her holiday it' nice and warm and hotel very good, but her friend has sat in the room most of the time worring about it. WSH knew their ages when they booked there is no excuse.
elenag
Hi , ive paid a deposit for a room with them for september , i paid with a tsb debit card , what should i do ?

thanks.
Tartan as you booked with a debit card, you should write to the liquidator, see address above in Dave's post.
Do it ASAP. There is a possibility you won't get anything back. Send a copy of your booking showing payment and a bank statement. If they sent back to you a copy of your card receipt for the booking, take a copy of the slip and send that too. Check your travel insurance.
I was on Radio Derby this morning,Ive now just listened to the liquadator speaking on the same show and he has said they will try and refund people who have paid in full for there holidays but people like me who have just paid there deposit(nearly £300) will lose everything. :cry
dont say that , ive sent them a letter anyway , and the my bank said to let them know what happens , and they will try to sort it out , i was going to pay another £300 this week as well.

anyway thanks , if it wasnt for david and everyone else , i wouldnt have known about it , i will let you know how i get on.
Hello, for me it is very ineteresting, how all this will end for international customers (google maps Lithuania) from small countries, in which bank system is :que :think ? I went to bank today with all papers regarding this and they even don't know what type of card they gave me (it is some kind of card for internet payments only). They said we will TRY to do something, but we don't know anything :wave: . ASAP, it is tommorow I am going to write claim myself, because bank "investigation" could take some months... years... Oh one more thing, the deposit is paid by one person (credit card, the name on invoices is his name) and the rest sum of money i paid by myself, so what should i write in that claim, where the money should be refunded, to the account which holder is the person in invoices (who paid the deposit) or to my account, or to their original accounts (the sum of deposit to credit card and the rest sum to mine) ? Maybe someone has some forms of complains or any ideas?

Maybe someone of you could sugest something in this situation. :shrug

I very appreciate your help.
Deividas.J .. I'm not sure if anyone here may be able to answer your questions. They may be better addressed to the liquidators, Begbies-Traynor, you will find full contact details in my post above.

David :wave
Sorry, even didn't notriced the email... Maybe because of stress :) . Thanks

David
Can anyone recommend another company to re-book with, thats presuming I manage to get the money I paid WSH back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.