Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Kylie Minogue flew from Luton to Spain today with none other than Ryanair :yikes

Well, if its good enough for Kylie!!
Tony Blair did it once when he was PM. So that's two people with lower standards than me......
hi ....did she have priority boarding...tweetie
Not sure Tweetie Pie but even if she did I bet all the other passengers were allowed to board 20 seconds later and overtook her as they ran to the aircraft :rofl Well thats always been my experience of Ryanair priority boarding!!
Hi

Please can anyone tell me where FR6657 PMI-EDI is arriving in Palma from or is it a return flight coming from EDI and going straight back? My son and friends were due to fly home to EMA today but FR have cancelled flight due to French ATC. They have been transferred onto the Edinburgh flight but the are not being given any departure times, the board just says delayed. All the other flights have departure times apparently.
We are in Lanzarote trying to help from here. One of his friends has his uni graduation tomorrow and really needs to get home. They are wondering if this flight is going to arrive at all so was trying to see if I could track it?

Sorry if it all sounds a bit garbled but I am on holiday :rofl :rofl
Sunaddict,

Aircraft are out of position at the moment because of the problems so it could be coming in from one of several locations. Given Ryanair are operating nearly 250 aircraft, it's not one that can be predicted! Only Ryanair can help really.

Darren
Fly standing up, pay to use the toilet and now the guy wants to get rid of one of the pilots:-

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/news_from_ireland/Ryanair-chief-wants-only-one-pilot-on-flights-102212779.html

Is he on the same planet as the rest of us.

Dave
dksbbs wrote:
Is he on the same planet as the rest of us.

No, but he is a master of PR and getting Ryanair in the headlines (why pay for advertising when you can let me media do it for you).

Darren
And the media love him for the free news - why pay for real journalists when you can copy and paste emailed press releases with sensational stories!
Ryanair have posted a link to this on thier website

Edit: OK - can't post a link to Utube - maybe mods will ?

Here's a link to Ryanair home page - click on 'Sing the praises of cheap flights - FASCINATING AIDA style' under news updates.
Not sure how long it will stay on home page though

http://www.ryanair.com/en

Thought it was brilliant ! :rofl

John
Hi!

Apologies if someone has already asked this question, but does anyone know when Ryanair will be releasing the prices for next Summer's flights please?

Many Thanks

Elaine :fly
Hi Elaine

I believe somebody said it will be around November.

John
Re: East Midlands Airport -> Lanzarote and Priority Boarding

Hi

I am going to be flying (with OH and 3 years old) from East Mids to Lanzarote. Can anyone advise if the priority boarding works at East Mids? Are passengers bussed to the aircraft (therefore priority boarding being pretty much a waste of money) or is there a walkway to the stands that the flight uses?

Also - how does this work from lanzarote - is priority boarding honoured?

Ta
Hi Lost!

We have used Ryanair from EMA a few times and also used the Priority Boarding - it has always worked for us. Each time the plane has been close enough to walk to, never had to use the bus. Coming back from Alicante it also worked, but not when coming back from Malaga, only one queue I'm afraid, but we managed to get close to the front!

Hopefully, you will be fine at Lanzarote.

Best Regards

Elaine

PS - Thanks John for the flight date info
Hi
Any more news on whether Ryanair are pulling out of Girona airport and using Barcelona instead? This was mentioned Aug 22nd by Alsacienne and Chelle_375.

We are waiting for flights coming out for next June, Newcastle to Girona, to organise a large family gathering in Tossa de Mar. Is there any way of finding out if this route will be on next June, dont need prices or actual departure days, just if it is on or not.

Thanks
I was reporting information which came from PPRuNe .... so it was secondhand ..... probably other members will be able to confirm whether or not Ryanair will be leaving Girona. I have however tried to make a 'dummy booking' between Girona and London Stansted for June and July but it won't let me do so saying that there are no flights ... so that suggests very strongly to me that Girona will NOT be a Ryanair destination next summer ..... sorry.

I suggest you try a dummy booking with your specific dates and departure airport and see if you get anything positive come up. If not, start looking for alternative routes and carriers.
Thanks Alsacienne, I did try a 'dummy' booking but no flights available. I thought this was down to the flights not yet been released for next June. Girona is still an option in the destination 'drop down' box from Newcastle for now, maybe I will keep checking to see if it disappears from this. It would help if we knew when next years flights are released.

Thanks
General Strike in Spain - 29 September 2010 - Hand Baggage only on Spanish flights

Ryanair have announced their intention to maintain a full flight schedule next Wednesday, the day of the general strike in Spain. However, due to potential strike action by Spanish baggage handlers, Ryanair will not accept any hold/checked luggage on flights to or from Spain (including Balearic & Canary Islands) that day. Passengers will only be allowed cabin baggage.

For further information from Ryanair for passengers travelling 29 September, please click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.