Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi TFS1...there was a front page article in the sunday express on 11th sept (atleaste think it was the express)....I noticed it on the news stand at a petrol station...was surprised as well that no more was on news ect....then noticed your post and realised it happened over a week ago...so thought it even stranger that a news paper was using the story on front page over a week later.... Ive been away on hols ...tweetie
Ryanair cancels Aberdeen route

Ryanair is cancelling its Dublin-Aberdeen route from 29 October, blaming airport operator BAA.

The last flight will depart at 2pm on 28 October.

Any passengers with bookings after that date will receive automatic refunds.

Ryanair's Stephen McNamara said: "Ryanair regrets the forced closure of its one remaining Aberdeen (Dublin) route, after the BAA refused an extension to our low cost deal from 29th October and failed to match the competitive cost deals which are available to Ryanair from other UK and European airports."

With permission from Travelmole
Ryanair launches branded prepaid MasterCard ... and an additional fee if using any other prepaid MasterCard

Ryanair will introduce the 'Ryanair Cash Passport', its own branded prepaid MasterCard, from 4 October.

Ryanair's £6 per passenger/per one way flight administration fee will not apply when using that new card, but from 1 November the fee will apply when using any other prepaid MasterCards which were previously exempt from the charge.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-branded-prepaid-mastercard

David :wave
re Ryanairs prepaid mastercard. Its a pity they didnt think of that 2 years ago when they stopped taking the Electron card.

Chris
Their terms and conditions still state that only one piece of hand luggage is allowed, yet I'm sure I read somewhere (maybe even here in this thread) that they were allowing a duty free carrier bag as well. I saw a notice in EMA stating that ALL passengers were allowed to take on board a duty free carrier in addition to their hand luggage allowance.
At Girona the other day they were very keen on hand luggage size, a wheelie case we use regularly failed the test as it had been overstuffed, we removed a jacket and put several items in the pockets and were then allowed to board with a wheelie case, carrying a jacket with stuffed pockets and no mention was ever made about the shoulder bag I was wearing, I noticed one passenger boarding with a duty free bag in addition to their case.
You were lucky!! Ryanair are extremely tough on hand baggage and even if the airport says you can take a duty-free bag in addition to the carrier's one carry-on bag rule, the airline has the final say .............
No they do not allow a duty free carrier as well...I saw several people waiting to go through to boarding re-arranging their hand luggage to try and get their duty free purchases in as well....then they had to try and fit it in the sizer thingy....and if it didn't go they were made to take it out and re pack it again until it did fit.......one woman had a bag of food and drinks for the plane and she ended up binning it because she couldn't get all her stuff into the hand luggage
tannybunny,

Was that at EMA ? I'm popping back to Spain in a couple of weeks (from EMA) and would like to take a 'food' bag from Boots in addition to my rather full trolley case.

The last time we went from EMA we saw the signs for the 'extra' bag that had to be purchased from an airside outlet, which also made a point of saying that this also applied to Ryanair flights from EMA.

Chris
No Chris it was at Bristol....but they were just as strict at Tenerife South (Reina Sofia) Airport ...Everyone was a bit wiser though having been caught on the way out...I did see one woman get stopped as she had a handbag(smallish) and a bag of duty free booze.... they told her she couldn't have 2 pieces of hand luggage....so she stuffed her handbag in the duty free bag and put it in the sizer thingy without being asked.....just smiled sweetly at the jobsworth on duty....picked up her bag and walked off....I felt like clapping but resisted the urge
Does anyone know if Ryanair will be flying London Stansted/Rhodes in 2012? If so, any idea when the flight details will be on the Internet?
I have spent the past three days trying to get on to the booking part of Ryanair, and it just doesn't load? Is anyone else having a problem with this??
The new Ryanair card has a minimum top up of £150. :que
robertk,

thanks for the info re new ryanair card. Do you also have other details regarding fees, possible dormancy charges/timescales and other T and C's please.

ta

chris
Robertk,

which website ?

if its on the Ryanair website perhaps you could please tell me where to find it - thankyou - Im sure others are keen to see it if worth doing. If its on the 'cash passport' link website cant find anything relating to Ryanair but find other companies that use them.

Regards Chris
when you checkin online can you print boarding passes off at a later date?
shamus wrote:
when you checkin online can you print boarding passes off at a later date?

A please and thanks goes along way, but to answer your question, then yes you can print your boarding passes off at a later date.
I'm intrigued - why would you check in but not print the boarding pass?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.