Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
TFS, satellite boxes are no problem at security , in fact many people take them through, no real difference than taking through a laptop , it might be looked at closely and checked over, but is a fairly common item so no real problem.

Fishing line is only a "high risk" item if you wanted to use it to garrotte someone or tie them up, obviously its not easy to break and would be confiscated because of what you "could" do with it (other than fishing!!!) for example, cable ties are classed in a similar way , quite innocent in using them for tidying up a bunch of electrical cables , but also useful for restraining someone by their wrists.
they are not high risk, but a security risk in the wrong hands.
Dazbo is right when saying they are not on a prohibited items list, but security can confiscate if they think the item could be mis-used and cause a risk.
Anyone picked up on the Ryanair booking system now tells you how many seats are available for the specific flights when it gets to 4 or less availabilty.

Not sure if its saying only 4 (or 3,2,1) left on that flight or 4 (3,2,1) left at that price. I guess this is to encourage people to book given the limited seat availabilty (at that price?).

Regards, Chris
Chris

Not seen that as yet - on which screen do you see it ?

I often play around with the number of seats I require to see how close the next price rise/load factor is !

John
Hi john,

Its on the next screen after you select the airports/dates/number of passengers - the one with the flights times prices etc.

Two of our friends want to come and see us in May, from 20-23 flying from Stansted to Valencia and return to Stansted. This shows 3 seats available on the early flight and 4 seats on the late return.

Since my posting I have tried 4 passengers with the same details as above and the outbound price goes up from £14.99 to £21.99.

So the 4,3,2,1 left seems to be just for the price rather than just seat availability.

Chris
Thanks Chris - know what I am looking for now.

Not quite sure for the reasons behind this 'new information' - like you say, to encourage you to book it there and then ????. Or maybe it's something that the OFT or someone has picked up on ????

John
John,

I have only seen this once before and that was on the one occasion we booked with Monach. During the search process it displayed 'only 3 seats at this price' etc and it did spur us to book the flights rather than leave it - so maybe Ryanair are adopting this approach.

At least it provides some more info - and its free !

Chris
Aer Lingus and Ryanair are cancelling a number of flights, in anticipation of industrial action by air traffic controllers from 2pm to 6pm on Wednesday. If it goes ahead, the industrial action will affect flights to/from Dublin, Cork and Shannon airports, as well as other flights passing through Irish airspace. Anyone due to fly to/from Ireland on Wednesday is advised to verify the status of their flight with the airline.

David :wave
Anybody know how efficient the luggage check in is with Ryanair at Prestwick, now that you need to check in online before hand. Mainly how quick it is likely to be at 5am in the morning for a 0645 flight or would i need to be there earlier or even later if possible.
I would just like to pass on a word to others flying with or plan to fly with Ryanair Dont think because you have your boarding pass you can leave it till the last minute to go to departures.
On our recent flight the barcode on my A 4 printed, failed to register( a common problem apparently) when we produced them at security,and were told to go and get replacements from baggage checkin.
I had to wait till a desk was free, and jump ahead of many annoyed people waiting to checkin their hold cases.
The missus was flapping a bit.We were no sooner in departures and our flight was called to board 20 minutes early as well.
My friend needs a cancellation form from Ryanair due to not being able to travel on medical grounds and will need to claim on her insurance, I have checked the website and am a bit confused which phone number to contact and I don't want her passed from piller to post as she is already stressed enough.
I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, many thanks.
If it were me I would start with their customer services dept on 0871 246 0000 - its 10p a minute from the UK (from mobiles etc etc it costs more). Like many of these type of numbers in other companies it probably will take a few minutes to get through and longer if you call at 0900 on a Monday rather than at 1500 on a Monday.

Good luck. Chris
Thanks for that Chris, that was what I thought but wanted a second opinion....Caz
I went on a 6.50 am flight from Prestwick with only hand luggage. I arrived at 6am, waited couple minutes to go through security...then beeped...then had my bag checked (always happens to me!)...and i was in departures for 6.15 am....so no, you don't need to be there early. Airport was busier than I thought but no ques as such
Do Ryanair prices change frequently. I need to book a flight going in 3 weeks. t's still a little steep for me at the moment - what's the chances of the price changing. I do realise there's a possibility it will go up.
Their prices can change. I would suggest that price reductions have already been dangled in front of us for flights going in 3 weeks time and the Ryanair logic is if someone wants to fly in 3 weeks (or less) they must 'need to fly' in that timescale so they will be willing to pay the price advertised.

Again it depends if you are going to a popular location and if they are able to maintain or even increase the prices nearer the flight time.

I'm flying next Thursday with a friend and booked the flights last year and the cost was £24 in total for the 2 of us, inc flights, taxes, webcheckin etc etc (no hold bags, no card fees etc) today the same flights would cost £140.

.... who knows what may happen in the coming days but I suspect they will not be coming down.
Chris
It's to Poznan in Poland - so I don't suppose its one of the most popular destinations. Flights are coming up at £236 for 2 people, but it is from our regional airport.
ouch... now that is a lot of money.

Although not always possible for passengers but have you tried going on a different day of the week to reduce the costs ? What airport are you going from ?

Chris
Helen T,

I can't see Ryanair reducing the price, this close to the date of the flight as TFS1 says if people want the flight the probably want it for a reason now so will be willing to pay.

I was looking at a flight with them from Bristol also and the price kept going up until the departure date, I didn't actually want to go, was just trying to see what they did with their prices up to the departure date.

Gower
Helen,

Dont know what your local airport is but you could always try Wizz Air to see if travelling to another airport for your departure is feasible.

Nivsy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.