Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cazzholly,

I don't think that includes centre isle seats though. That's only applicable to emergency exit seats by the doors where the passenger may need to open the door in an emergency. The CAA age limit is 16 so still perfectly legal. You're right to be miffed though, I would be after forking out that much.

Darren
I am just wondering what will happen to the FCA 767 aircraft that are currently configured 2-3-2 as I believe the Thomson aircraft are still 2-4-2? I doubt there is little chance of Thomson adopting the FCA format.
Cazholly, we had a similar experience recently flying to Turkey;Outbound we were given extra leg room seats at check in because the agent remarked that I was very tall (~ 6' 4");We asked on the way back at check in but were told we would have to pay £60! I refused as it was a relatively short flight but felt very aggrieved when we found out that another couple had been moved into vacant extra legroom seats by aircrew for nothing! Especially as they were both very short people.Where is the logic in that?
I have also found that ELR seats are not always available to book on line in advance now - is this a ploy to get the Premium cabin filled first?? :(
brewerdave wrote:
I have also found that ELR seats are not always available to book on line in advance now - is this a ploy to get the Premium cabin filled first??

I believe it's done just in case there is a requirement for them, eg medical seats, give chance for taller people to phone and request them etc.

Darren
patch64,

The aircraft are staying as they are, they aren't being reconfigured. Some of the TOM aircraft are leaving the fleet, some reverting to short haul. I posted the Thomson Airways fleet arrangemens on page 89 of the Thomsonfly thread a while back. 2x ex-FCA aircraft will be based at MAN and 2x at Gatwick. The other 2x will be rotated around the regional airports. MAN and LGW will each have 1x ex-TOM aircraft based there so there'll be a mix of long haul aircraft. The ex-TOM aircraft will be used on higher density long haul routes, for example Orlando Sandford. Remember Thomsonfly and First Choice will be no more, the new airline is Thomson Airways.

Darren
Dazbo5 wrote:
cazzholly,

I don't think that includes centre isle seats though. That's only applicable to emergency exit seats by the doors where the passenger may need to open the door in an emergency. The CAA age limit is 16 so still perfectly legal. You're right to be miffed though, I would be after forking out that much.

Darren

It is 14 on Thomson Airways
Short/Mid Haul Flights (6hour or less including Banjul & Cape Verde)

Outbound:-
Mama Mia or Wall-E
Depending on amount of children and/or time- both maybe shown.
TV-one or all shows maybe shown depending on time
Goks fashion fix
Top Gear
Gavin & Stacey
Spongebob Squarepants

Inbound
The Incredible Hulk or Journey to the Centre of the Earth
depending on the amount of children and/or time- both maybe shown.
TV-one or all shows maybe shown depending on time
30 Rock
The Simpsons
Dragons Den
Faulty Towers

Music
Fast Track(POP)
Indie
Freestyle and Judge Jules
Classical
Jazz Moods
RnB
Legend
Kidzone(stories/music)
Take it easy

Long Haul
Movies Outbound
*The Dark Knight
*Mamma Mia
*The Deal
Hancock
Meet Dave
Wall-E
Kitt Kittredge
Swing Vote
Movies Inbound
*The Incredible hulk
*Gets Smart
*The X-Files I want to Believe
Baby Mama
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull- Indiana Jones
Kung fu Panda
Journey to the Centre of the Earth
When Did You Last See Your Father

Games:-
*Zuma
*Ultraball
*Who wants to be a millionaire
*Bejeweled Deluxe
Solitaire
Disney Classic Game
Battleship
Insaniquarium Deluxe
Scrambledash

*= premium passengers only or those that pay £5.00 to upgrade to premium package
Thanks BY-TOM-AMM-FCA, list much appreciated.

Incidently, I'm flying to Cancun from MAN on 30th November at 9:15. Could you tell me what style plane I can expect please? It was originally a FCA flight, but code is now TOM - will the plane still be First Choice design or will it now be Thomson. Thanks :-)
It will be a 767 that was ex-fca so 2-3-2 throughout both cabins
great thanks for film listings for Nov/Dec

:) Shanti
patch64,

i was wondering the exact same thing. I prefer the FCA layout with 2-3-2 as more room etc. I just thought in the meantime whilst they are using ex FCA & ex TOM planes for longhaul it is false advertising? Because you arent officially told by them what plane you will be on apart from its a thomson flight.
xxdaniellexx,

As I mentioned above, the 2-3-2 configuration won't be lost and the aircraft brought in to line in the near future. There isn't any false advertising as you are still getting the 33" seat pitch they advertise. They don't advertise the seating configuration, just the seat pitch.

Darren
Yeah I understand about the seat pitch but if your use to flying longhaul on a FC plane with the 2-3-2 and then fly on a TOM plane with the 2-4-2 it will be a bit of a difference and i think the entertainment systems are different aswell. Ah well i dont go until next September anyway so things may be different! Thanks for your help :)
xxdaniellexx,

I agree, I wouldn't like to fly on a current TOM aircraft being used to FCA, I'm off to Mombassa on one in March (fingers crossed!). As the airlines merge though, the majority of long haul flights will be operated by ex-FCA aircraft. There's only going to be 2x ex-TOM long haul aircraft in use and in the near future, I hear they may be reconfigured to the current FCA as part of fleet homologation. The IFE is the same basic system offering the same standard.

Darren
Darren do you know the route of the incoming aircraft which is then used on FC Thursday flight to Goa ex Manchester / Gatwick
snowyboy,

you mean the TOM353/4? I'll not be able to track aircraft movements until the end of the week. Remind me and I'll take a look.

Darren
Just a quick point, the 2-3-2 layout does not really give anyone apart from the crew more room as the seat width is exactly the same (within .5cm) and the additional space given out to the aisle.

Trust me, I have spent a lot of time on both aircraft lately.
I have to say I didn't really notice that much diffrence in seat width on the FCA flight to Cuba. The diffrence must be in the aisles as BY-TOM-AMM-FCA says... but even they didn't look much wider. Seat pitch is the important factor :)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.