Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Flint62,

No!! You just mentioned Cuba when you posted originally and there are two flights on a Friday; Varadero (TOM381/2) and Holguin (TOM181/2). They are both direct, they don't operate via other airports. They are both fortnightly flights, one operates one week and the other the week after.

Darren
Hi Dazbo

Could you tell me what plane we will be flying on - BHX to Sharm on 25 Dec 08. Flight number FCA206 (not sure if this has changed to a TOM no tho).

Many thanks in advance.
Green Buddha,

Welcome onboard :tup
You're on flight TOM225 departing at 0945, operated by a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Thank you so much.

Do you know if they do anything special in flight as its Christmas Day? Just wondering!

Cheers
Green Buddha,

I would very much doubt it. I would guess the cabin crew would be in a bit more of a party spirit than usual, but that's all. Then again, I'd be depressed working on christmas day!!

Darren
You may find the inflight meal is more "festive" with perhaps a Christmas turkey type maincourse, but I wouldn't hold out for a party or the Queens speech on the IFE.
I would be surprised if they even did that. Turkey is dry at the best of times let alone in an aircraft meal!!! Chicken is always favoured for that reason. Might get a bit of tinsel, you never know!

Darren
Thanks for replies :)

I can always Virgin+ the Queen's speech LOL. Not too worried about missing out on the turkey and can provide my own tinsel, just need the crew to congo up and down the plane......give it a real party atmosphere eh? ;)
I am flying to Jamaica on Xmas day from Manchester with First Choice. Does anyone know what the film choice is for November and December?

Thanks
dianesw,

The Flim Choices Are Very Kindly Posted By BY-TOM-AMM-FCA, And The Nov/Dec Ones Can Be Found On Page 94, It Was Posted On November 4th

Gower
dianesw,

Just so yo know, MAN-MBJ-MAN (TOM765/6 ) are operated by an ex-First Choice aircraft.

Darren
Hello everyone, I have been reading this site for a very long time and thought it was time to to join all you other holiday mad folk.
My question is concening mine and my dear husbands trip to Orlando, We fly out on the 25th April 2009 from Gatwick flight number TOM059 and return on the 9th May flight number TOM047, could anyone inform me if these flights will be operated on ex FCA aircraft as we booked with first choice originally and much prefer the 2.3.2 layout. We will be crossing the winter to summer season when the full merger takes place.
Many thanks in advance.
Hi Darren

Thanks for the info. Do you know what the seating arrangement is? I have booked Premium seats, I flew with First Choice to Varadero at the beginning of October in premium seats and got allocated seat number 10F and 10G these were at the back in the premium section of the plane, Would first choice allow us to pre book these seats again if I phone them? really liked these seats as we could recline them without worrying about the disturbing people behind.

many thanks
:wave:
holidaylover10,

It's too early to say I'm afraid. Your flights will be operated by the newly formed Thomson Airways. There are 2x ex-FCA aircraft and an ex-TOM aircraft based at LGW. Chances are, it'll be an ex-FCA but even if it's a TOM, there may not be much difference. I can't ellaborate on that at the moment.

Darren
dianesw,

ex-FCA 763's are configured 2-3-2 throughout. You'll find loads of information on them on this thread and my extensive trip reports on page 47. You can't pre-assign seat numbers at the moment, although if you give them a call 6 weeks prior to your departure date and ask, you never know.

Darren
Thanks Darren for responding so quickly, I might be pestering you for more info nearer the time then.
I am flying MAN - Punta Cana 24th Dec 08. Original flight No was FCA 132, now changed to ToM 133. Could anyone please let me know if this flight will be ex First Choice 767 or Thomsonfly aircraft and also which terminal will I need to check in at, first time flying from Manchester airport. Thanks for any info.
rossja,

TOM133/4 are currently operated by an ex-First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. G-OOAN operated the first flight of the winter season. Thomsonfly operate out of Manchester Terminal 2. Head for desks around the 46-53 area.

Darren
Hi All,

Just a quick questions. We are flying to Cancun on Saturday and we originally booked with First Choice, now the flight no. has changed to TOM, does the flight still leave from North Terminal? I hope so, as that is where I have booked the car.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.