Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I wouldn't know which gate number you'll be departing from, I don't use LGW personally and a gate will be allocated on the morning normally.

The gates are allocated by the Airport and NOT by the airline - so TUI/FCA won't know or have any control over this. There are preferred stands but another carrier can get stuck on stand/delayed for any number of reasons and then things just go to pot!! Things can and do change right up to the last minute an aircraft is taxiing on to stand from it's inbound flight and it can be towed to almost anywhere if it happens to be parked up overnight......... Can be quite amusing watching loaders.caterers etc dashing from one stand to another in pursuit of a taxiing aircraft!
Thanks once again daz, oh almost forgot. I fly in 11 days. Bring on the mojitos :cheers
Hello Daz,

Been watching this board with interest, but have held off posting until closer to departure.

My wife and I are flying from LGW to PUJ on 19/01/09 on TOM011 outbound TOM012 inbound on 26/1/09, we are going premium service which says pre-bookable seating selected. Two quick questions for you.

1. which aircraft type and is it FCA or TOM
2. With pre-bookable seating selected is this allocated that (a) we sit together, and (b) we have seat choice selection (2A,2C etc). Is this done at check in or in advance?

We live in Ireland and unfortunatley the FCA telephone booking number does not work from here.
blackhill,

Welcome onboard :tup
Thomson Airways operate Boeing 767-300/ER on long haul flights. TOM011/2 are operated by an ex-FCA aircraft. Your seats are pre-allocated 24 hours prior to the flight departing. Pre-booking only guarantees you'll be sat together but this maybe across an isle or behind each other, it doesn't give you the choice of seat. Star Class Premium is configured 2-3-2 with 36" seat pitch.

Darren
flying to Cuba on monday with first choice , any idea what first choice flights are like?
Moved from Caribbean forum.

Pippy :)
iolia,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find pretty much everything you may wish to know about travelling with First Choice on this thread. You'll find my extensive trip reports on page 47 (2/3 way down the page) that details what to expect. The IFE listing for November / December is on page 94. Any further questions, fire away.

Darren
Bit confused - looking to book a holiday with First Choice to Varadero for early March (before they stop going there) - I was told the flight was via Holguin now but when I queried with local FC shop they told me it was direct - which is correct? :que
brewerdave,

Where are you planning on flying from; Manchester or Gatwick? Flights to VRA operate fortnightly and are direct through the winter season.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo - planning to fly from Gatwick mid March - my wife isn't the best flyer so 2 take offs and landings would have been a bit much! :tup
brewerdave,

I flew to Holguin via Cayo Coco a few years ago and the short flight between the two airports was quite enjoyable and very scenic; low level in an A332 over the Cuban jungle :tup Great views although it's probably not for those who aren't all that keen on flying!! I have a video of the flight somwhere :think

Darren
Hi Dazbo,

Not even been on my Dec 5th hol to Cuba yet but my mind already thinking ahead for next year. Could you tell me if there are Saturday flights with Thomson fly to Mexico, the brochure says yes but when I try to get availability online, there are no Saturday flights. Just for info I was looking to book around last 2 weeks in May.

Cheers.
Flint62,

I know what you mean, I have 3 holidays all booked for the next 9 months!! I don't have the aircraft schedule for summer 2009 as yet so I can't check on specific flight details for then. Is it Manchester or Gatwick you are looking to fly from? and presumably to Cancun and not Puerto Vallarta (this has been dropped). There are flights on a Sunday from MAN (TOM144/5) and Gatwick (TOM022/3). It could be the flights are full on your chosen dates, that's why it's showing no availability. Have you tried other dates, maybe a week later or earlier? Might be worth giving them a call to enquire about them?

Darren
Hi dazbo its that time again ;)

We are flying from Gatwick with FC to Goa on the 20th of December ( sorry I dont have the flight number to hand) what I have been wondering is, would it be a FC plane or a Thomsons now with the merger?
Elliebee,

TOM045/6 are operated by an ex-First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Excellent thanks Darren, so am I right that its a 242 seating plan?
Elliebee wrote:
Excellent thanks Darren, so am I right that its a 242 seating plan?

No, 2-3-2 with 33" seat pitch in economy (it's Thomsonfly' that are 2-4-2 in economy). You'll find a few photos here or for more details, refer to my trip reports on page 47 of this thread.

Darren
Thanks again Daz, that looks fine inside to me from reading your report and looking at the pictures. Im looking forward to it more now :tup
Elliebee the FC flights are fantastic we have flown on the last 8 LH with them, going TC this time hope it can compare
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.