Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for the info Darren, anymore questions I know who to ask.
We booked holiday with First Choice but flying on thomson flight

flight No; TOM4501 we have paid for extra legroom - is this classed as the emergency exit seats or do they have the separate cabin with the extra legroom ie premium cabin but with out the premium service like the Monach plane we flew on in Sept.

Also what would the seat configuration be?

Thanks
edhall,

Thomson Airways Flight 4501, Is Operated By A Boeing 737-300,
The Seating Configuration is 3-3, Extra Legroom On This Flight Will Be The Emergency Exit Seats As There Is No Premium Cabin

Gower
edhall,

From memory, extra legroom seats are located at row 1 and row 10 (over wing emergency exits).

Darren
We will be flying longhaul with Thomson Airways next September to Cozumel. In our past 2 longhaul flights with FC we have upgraded to the premium cabin because both times we got a good price! This time the quote is £540 for 2 adults to upgrade. Is this worth it or are the 'standard' seats ok? We did enjoy the free drinks & priority boarding etc but dont really want to fork out that money if the standard seats are fine? My boyfriend is 6 foot 2ish.

Also, ovbiously with ex TOM & ex FCA coming together we wont know which plane we will be on so are the ex TOM 'standard' seats fine aswell?
xxdaniellexx,

I find the star class cabin quite cmfortable and don't bother upgrading to premium. You'll find my extensive trip reports on page 47. It's my view the extra money is better spent on a nicer hotel that you'll get the benefit of for the 7 / 14 nights of your stay. That's just me though. If you are with a tall passenger, it might be worth looking at extra legroom seats instead (more room than in premium as well). ex TOM aircraft have the same seat pitch as FCA in economy. If you let me have your flight details, I'll tell you which aircraft you are likely to be on.

Darren
Thanks Darren for the quick reply, I think we will stick with the ecomony section then or have a look at extra legroom prices, do these seats have the seat back TV's that are located in the arm rests?

Its TOM068 from Gatwick to Cozumel on 25/09/09

xxdaniellexx,

Yes, they have the screen and tray table in the arm rest. It does narrow the width of the seat slightly, but not by too much. Should be a Thomson Airways Boeing 767-300/ER with 2-3-2 seating.

Darren
Thank you very much Darren. Yeah, i thought they might be. We sat in row 1 in the premium section last month on our inbound flight & the screens were located the same!

If we book these seats, are these by the emergency doors and do we have a chance of being seated together because I have noticed when you book extra legroom seats you cant prebook 'sitting together'?

Thanks for all your help
xxdaniellexx,

They are on the emergency exit / exit rows (11 and 20/22 depending on the exact aircraft). Because you are pre-booking extra legroom seats, you should get them together so the sitting together option shouldn't be an issue. You may be unlucky and get sat across an isle though.

Darren
Sorry, another question. Flying with First Choice/ Thomson Airways, MAN to Punta Cana, 10 AM departure. What would be the earliest they would allow me to check in. Travelling down overnight to Manchester and just trying to decide what time to leave!
rossja,

Check In Is Normally 2-3 Hours Before The Flight Departure Time

Gower
Tom 4501

Thanks for the quick replies

I did forget to ask about the IFE is it seat back or the drop down screens

Thanks again for all the information

ED
rossja,

Check-in will be open from about 4am. If you wanted to check-in really early, about 4 hours prior to your departure time would be about the earliest really. Recommended check-in is 2-3 hours prior to your scheduled departure time as GowerL7 mentions. Check-in gets really busy from about 6.30am in T2. I once checked in at 5am for an 8am departure and there were more check-in staff than passengers at that time of day, I had the pick of seats!!! (in them days, not now). About an hour after I'd checked-in, the morning rush started wih queues up to the doors!

Darren
edhall,

There's no IFE fitted to the Boeing 737-300's I'm afraid.

Darren
Oh well just take a good book

Thanks again for all the useful information

Ed
Oh, I forgot to ask! does anyone know how thomson airways will allocate their longhaul seats? Will it be done a first come first served at check in? Or a few days before the flight? Or in order of booking?

Just wondering because when flying with FCA in the past we have always been lucky and been seated next to eachother but this was in their premium section but when we fly next September we are just sticking with the ecomony, I will be getting the 'sitting together' option but i know this can mean one behind the other/ in the next row.

Thank you for any help :)
xxdaniellexx,

Unless they are going to change their software, seating is pre-allocated using a computer model the day before your flight is due to depart. This is dependant upon those who have pre-booked, pre selected and have meals booked. Seating is done on a best-fit basis (like a game of tetris!!), ie most people will be sat together but there's inevitably going to be some peoiple sat one behind, across an isle or seperated by a few rows.

Darren
Hiya Darren, First off thanks for all the other info provided. But can you answer a few more..... :cheers
Ok we're hopefully still flying on a first choice plane. (flight no.ToM089 to cayo coco from gatwick) I don't suppose you could tell me what terminal and gate numbers it will be leaving from could you.

Many thanks Phill
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.