Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
katielind,

i'm glad you got your diving equipment sorted. I'll be doing the same in the next week or two! The extra 10kg is certainly a deciding factor when booking a holiday. Day before check-in only seems to be available at Gatwick now, more on Thomsonfly's website.

Darren
you mean the TOM353/4? I'll not be able to track aircraft movements until the end of the week. Remind me and I'll take a look

Yes they are the ones Many Thanks
Hello :wave:

We're off to Egypt (Sharm) on the 20th November :sun2

Although we booked through First Choice, our flight numbers are TOM317 and TOM318

I'd be grateful if anyone could confirm if we'll be on a FC plane or a TF one

Many thanks

Lisa
MrsW,

LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM317/8) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. The two airlines are going through a merger, hence the Thomsonfly flight prexif. First Choice as an airline doesn't exist now, all flight's are operated under TOM's operators certificate. It doesn't make any difference if you are travelling on a TOM or ex-FCA aircraft as they are the same from a passengers perspective, apart from TOM's have a dark leather interior and FCA a smart green leather interior.

Darren
We have been travelling to Tenerife since 1999 with first choice {twice a year, one summer,one winter} but I see that now Thompson are doing the flights the flight time has increased from 4 hours 20 mins to 4 hours 45 mins can anyone explain why?? Has Tenerife moved since we went in July :rofl
Sparhawk2,

Maybee they are using a different type of aircraft. (and all the flights I have looked at on their website seem to be 4 hours 25mins??) :think

Gower
Sparhawk2,

Welcome onboard :tup
If you let me have your flight details, I'll see what I can dig out for you. Some flights are being operated by Airbus A320/1's that have a little slower than the usual Boeing 757's used on that route.

Darren
Hi Gower
This is our flight
Fri 28 Nov 2008
Departs: 07:05
Arrives: 11:50
Airline: Thomson Airways
Flight: TOM4501
Fri 12 Dec 2008
Departs: 12:35
Arrives: 17:10
Airline: Thomson Airways
Flight: TOM4502

From Gatwick Thanks Darren :cheers
Sparhawk2,

The Flights Are Being Operated By A Boeing 737-300 According To The Information I Have.

These are Slightly Slower With Their Cruise Speeds Than The Usual Boeing 757's Used On This Route.

Gower

If you had been on the sunday flight then it would be a Boeing 757, (flight time 4hr 25)
Or Tuesday Flight Boeing 737-800 (flight time 4hr 25)
  • Edited by GowerL7 2008-11-06 18:26:17
Thanks Gower
I was beginning to worry. All I hope now is that the flight is from Gatwick North not South but I will get my tickets {I hope} in the next week to confirm that :cheers
Sparhawk2,

All TOM flights are from Gatwick North

Gower
Thanks Gower
i have only used the south once {last winter} and I do not like it. the lounge {to me} is like a large box at least with the north you do have room to move around with ease :)
One other question {I am not sure if you can answer this one as it is not flight related} I have booked flight and transfer, will I get a ticket from first choice {who I booked with through a TA] for the transfer as when we did the same thing in the summer we had nothing and it caused quite a problem for 20 or 30 mins when we got to Tenerife airport.
snowyboy,
you mean the TOM353/4? I'll not be able to track aircraft movements until the end of the week. Remind me and I'll take a look.
Darren

Thanks Darren if you can my guess it comes in from Pto Plata.
Sparhawk2,

Its A Bit Out Of My Knowledge, If You Are Booked On One Of Their Transfers Then There Should Be A Rep In The Airport To Meet You, If It Is Contracted Out To Another Company Then You Will Probably Have To Go To Their Desk In Arrivals. You May Just Be Sent An Email Ticket Though,

Prhaps There Is More Info On Transfers In The Teneriefe Holiday Section
snowyboy,

G-OOBL operated TOM353/4 today. There are no flights logged opperated by that aircraft prior to the flight this morning. The last flight logged by 'BL is TOM8416 the previous day (and that flight number doesn't tie-in with a destination on the aircraft schedule?). The inbound aircraft will be one of the following; TOM204 (POP), TOM127 (PUJ), TOM173 (MBJ) or TOM155 (CUN). Sorry i can't be more specific at the moment, I'll try again next week when there's another set of movements in.

Darren
Hi all this may seem a stupid question, we travel to CUBA on December 5th this year and have booked the Premium upgrade with First Choice, following the merger with Thomsons, which checkin desks would we need to use at Manchester, and is there still a seperate checkin desk for the premium customers?

Also if not too much trouble what type of aircraft will we be on?

Many thanks.
Flint62,

Welcome onboard :tup
There's no such thing as a stupid question when you don't know the answer. With the merger of First Choice and Thomson, things can be very confusing. First Choice as an airline is effectively non-existant now. All First Choice flights are now under Thomsonfly. Since the beginning of the year, First Choice check-in has been integrated in to Thomosnfly's so you won't see any check-in desks under the First Choice brand, only Thomsonfly. You need to check-in with Thomsonfly. As you are a premium customer, you'll have a dedicated check-in desk. The last time I was in T2, the desks were 46-53, 53 being the premium desk but they might have a few more by now and changed the numbers.

MAN-VRA/HOG-MAN (TOM381/2 / TOM181/2) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Many thanks for the reply that has saved a lot of head scratching when we turn up at Manchester T2.... :tup
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.