Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've booked a holiday with First Choice from Manchester. I've noticed the flights are Thomsonfly and was wondering do i still look out for the First Choice check in desks or Thomson?
Ta
Hi,

Thomson and First Choice use the same check-in desks now so there is only one area to go to. But be warned, the queues of late have been HUGE! It doesn't help that Manchester is undergoing a facelift so there are building works everywhere which makes an already congested Terminal 2 into an even bigger one! FCA and TOM also have a large number of bag drop desks for those that use the green self check-in machines. Depending on what time of day and the length of the queues I'd use these machines!
Hi
We are flying to Holguin Cuba on Sat 3rd May 2008 flight number FCA162 return FCA163. I wondered if anyone can confirm if it is a FC aircraft or a thomsonfly one, and what the seating config is?
Thanks for your time
Caroline
carolineb23,

FCA is the flight prefix for First Choice Airlines. Your flight will be operated by a First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. Seating is configured 2-3-2 throughout. Seat pitch in economy (star class) is 33", 36" in star class premium. Photo's here.

Darren
Hi,
Wondering if anyone can shed any light on travelling with dive equipment with first choice. I spoke to my travel agent at the local first choice shop and she had no idea, im sure i have previously read about getting an extra 10kg upon production of you padi card. Does anyone know if this is correct??
Thanks
Katie.
katielind,

One reason I like travelling with FCA is they're diver friendly. To book the extra 10kg allowance, give them a call and they'll pre-book it for you FOC. They'll send you a letter to confirm it as proof. You often need to show this letter when checking-in for the return flight when the agent is just about to say you are over your allowance and starts talking excess baggage charges! I've never been asked for my certification card at check-in, but have it handy just in case. Bear in mind no suitcase will be accepted over 23kg so you'll have to take your diving equipment in a seperate bag.

For more info, refer to my trip reports to Puerto Vallarta, Mexixo:

MAN-PVR Via SFB, First Choice FCA012 14/03/07

PVR-MAN, First Choice Airways FCA013 28/03/07

Blow some bubles for me!!

Darren
We flew home from Alicante last Saturday with First Choice.We was in the checking in queue for nearly 2 hours and our flight was boarding,they then speeded up check in for the last few of us and the couple in front cases weighed 25kg and 26kg,not a problem for them! no excess charge or cases being over the 23kg limit.
I guess they were lucky you were in a rush then, I am sure if it was any other time they would have been charged the excess.
Can anyone help??
We are flying First choice from Gatwick to Sanford next Thurs 3rd April. I think fca030.
I had a message on my answer phone that the tickets should now be collected at the airport as there was not enough time to post (I booked this 18 months ago).
We have had varying flight times from 9.30 to 10.00....
I have tried to ring FC, in a queue for ages and then cut off, and my travel agent is constantly engaged.
Is there any way of finding out our up to date flight time?
Many thanks
rachie-m,

According to the information I have, FCA030 departs at 10am. I've checked two sources and both say 10am.

Darren
thanks Dazbo, that's great. An extra half an hour in bed!!
i have booked a flight from gatwick to sanford flying on the 4th @ 10am. Is that correct and previous post said theres a problem with this flight.

Also can anyboady tell me what plane i be on and what flight entertainment will there be.
nc55,

Your flight is operated with a Boeing 767-300/ER which has seat back IFE installed. I'm not sure what they are showing at the moment though. FCA058 on 4th April does indeed depart at 10am.

Darren
Hi dazbo
We have pre booked extra leg room seats on the 16th may lgw to cancun any idea what sort of row numbers that should be please
Also out of interest where will the flight have last come from,

:offtop Just read your mexico flight review and know exactly how you feel with the pressure thing its agony to say the least i take 3 sudafed max relif, cold or no cold every time i fly now in fear of it coming back,
suntanman2,

It depends on the specific aircraft as a couple do vary. The first row of extra legroom is the front of the economy cabin, row 11. The next ones are row 20. If you let me have your flight numbers, I'll check on which flight opererates before your. Bear in mind I have internet access problems at the moment so it might not be straight away. I don't normally like taking drugs but I'll definately consider sudafed next time, thanks.

Darren
Hi all,

Flying FCA082 on the 16 April from Gatwick to Punta Cana
Anyone know where I can find out the in-flight entertainment details for April as I like to make sure I don't see the films that are avaliable before we go. ( Not the best flyer in the world so anything to take my min off it!)

Cheers
A little :offtop but I can remind people that Sudafed (or any similar product) should not be taken by anyone on medication for high blood pressure. If in doubt, ask your pharmacist.
Hi I'm flying to Puerto Vallerta in Mexico on the 27th June with first choice. Will this stil be a first choice aircraft and will there be a refulling stop in Sanford, Orlando?

Thanks in advance!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.