Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi flying to Dominican Republic on the 29th of December with first choice from Manchester my flight numbers are now Tom125 and Tom126 they was FCA112 and FCA113 any idea if it will be the first choice planes or the thomson ones.

thanks
b4ker1,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM125/6) are operated by an ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Flying to Goa out of East Midlands soon, with First Choice, told it is a First Choice Plane and in Star Class Premium, presume 767-300er with 2-3-2 config on seating.

Mixed reports from First Choice staff on seat width, I am a Rugby sized bloke, need the room !

Conflicting statements so far :que

16.5" through out whole plane

17.8" star class premium

17.9" as above

18"

18.5" and even 20" . The chap who atated 20" called back most helpful after 25mins to say sorry 17.8

Does any one reading this have any idea, it would be helpful, my back side wil not fit 16.5" I will be off-loaded.

Any help please. I know these are fixed rest, I have roon in Virgin PE on the old 20" so can squeeze 17.9"

Thanks
:think
jackhammer,

As Far As I Am Aware The Seat Width Is 17.8" On These Aircraft As They Have One Less Column Of Seats Than Other Carriers.

Gower
Hi all, I used this forum prior to my holiday in Cuba from which I have just returned ( boo hoo).

However for all those thinking of upgarding to Star class Premier, alls I can say is BOOK IT NOW!!

The whole experience just adds to your holiday, from seperate checkin desks at Manchester, also we had priority luggage tags attached to the cases stating load last / offload first so when we got to Cuba the cases were already off the carrusel waiting for us. Also you board prior to everyone else to be greeted by a pampering pack on your seat, a glass of sparking wine or orange juice. The choice of meals you want, free drinks throughout the flight, more movie choices, noise cancelling headphones for the movies. Not to mention the extra leg room which for me at a touch over 6 foot was excellent. First of the plane at the resort end, and again when returning home a seperate checkin desk whilst everyone else queues. All in all for the £145 per person my wife and I paid it was excellent value.
Anyone know which MAN routes are which airline, how can i tell if a flight is an fca plane or tom plane as all flight numbers are now TOM.
Flint62, if the price is right the upg is worth it but when I recently booked my holiday to Cuba for early March I was quoted £379 pp for Premier!! Thats very expensive free drinks! :que
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows why the tom031 from LGW to Male hasn't taken off yet? was due to depart 18.25 Sunday 28th and think is expected to leave 10am this morning! Hope that's not me next week as am only there for 1 week! Thanks, Cejay
cejay8,

An aircraft technical problem I would assume as the inbound aircraft was ontime.

Darren
Thanks Darren, Which is the inbound inflight? - just so I know for next week, Cejay
cejay8,

It's showing as TOM1383/4, but i'll confirm it when I can.

Darren
tommyinyork,

I believe it'll be Feb / Mar 2009 when the aircraft are due heavy maintenance and will also be receiving blended winglets. I actually prefer the rainbow stripe of the FCA livery than the boring blue of TOM.

Darren
Dazbo, how is this "heavy maintenance" likely to affect aircraft availability? We have booked to fly to Varadero on 11/3 with extra leg room seats, flights Tom 083/084 ex LGW.
We don't want to find we are stuck on a leased plane with 28" seat pitch as I'm 6'4"!! :que
brewerdave,

It's all scheduled maintenance so won't be a factor.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.