Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Please note everyone, regarding the ex premium cabin....

As of the 1st May NO outbound flights (except some Canadian affair charters) will have a premium cabin service. The cabin is still there, but the only premium part will be the seats, no free bar, extra luggage etc etc.
You can upgrade to these extra legrooms, but because of the cabin it will cost you the full tax price, so the best bet is to upgrade onboard after take off, this circumvents the tax issue. Price is £50.

On the return up until the 15th May only, premium service will be offered, and thats only to accomodate those passengers who have already pre booked premium on a 7/14 day holiday. After the 15th, there will be absolutely no premium service (again, except on certain canadian affair charters), so please do not upgrade if you think you will be getting a free bar etc, you wont.
What you will recieve is a much wider, leather seat with a bigger recliner, a quieter cabin, and being at the front of the aircraft you will recieve first choice on pretty much everything.

Its sad to see the premium service go, but it is what it is.

BTC
Hi

At Manchester airport now ready to catch the TCX324. Could anyone be able to tell me the reg number so that I can see if I can spot it from my hotel window?

Regards

Andy
Hi Darren,
Just booked another holiday!! - first time via the bank's travel service! Anyway, was rather pleased to be told that we've got premium seats on the way home! Nice surprise!
From reading TCX's website - I seems that I have to wait 3 days before selecting my seat, because currently it wants to charge me (we have paid for My Seat My Choice). At the momment - it's showing toilets upstairs - does this mean it'll definetaly be ex-TCX A330s or could it still be ex-MYT despite having toilets on the seat plan?! (ie do they use the same seat plans for both types online?).
It's TCX216/217 LGW PUJ 11/7/11-25/7/11
Thanks again!
Oh sorry - another question - does TCX not do night before check-in?
rhodgreen

Thos Cooks are now not allowing select your seat until 90 days prior to your flight, like Thomsons. They don't do day before check in, but you can check in online if you have selected your seat.
rhodgreen wrote:
Oh sorry - another question - does TCX not do night before check-in?

no
rhodgreen wrote:
Hi Darren,
Just booked another holiday!! - first time via the bank's travel service! Anyway, was rather pleased to be told that we've got premium seats on the way home! Nice surprise!
From reading TCX's website - I seems that I have to wait 3 days before selecting my seat, because currently it wants to charge me (we have paid for My Seat My Choice). At the momment - it's showing toilets upstairs - does this mean it'll definetaly be ex-TCX A330s or could it still be ex-MYT despite having toilets on the seat plan?! (ie do they use the same seat plans for both types online?).
It's TCX216/217 LGW PUJ 11/7/11-25/7/11
Thanks again!

You are planned for an ex MYT plane, the original TCX ones are used for Canada and short haul with a higher seat config (less leg room)

The ticket booklets tend to show original TCX planes in the seat layout bit!
Thanks MB.
Shame the lease is up on XA, never got to experience TCX's AVOD!
rhodgreen,

A link to the seat plan for the ex-MYT A332's is on our What Aircraft? guide. As TCX favour their own (original) seat plans, it's from the TCX Denmark arm of the airline but is an excellent 3D plan, much better then the 2D TCX ones.

Darren
Hi

can you tell me the seat pitch and what ife and weather it will have cams on the ife

out 30 jun 2011 home 14 jul 2011

departure airport manchester airport punta cana

arrival airport punta cana manchester airport

flight number tcx314 tcx315

welshy0151,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TCX314/5) are operated by an ex-MYT Airbus A330-220 (with flights cams). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat pitches, aircraft and cabin photos, and a link to TCX's inflight magazine where you'll find the latest IFE listing for May-July.

Darren
Morning!
Can I check if there are any seats in the forward section of non-premium on the A330s without windows?
The pictures of the aircraft seem to suggest "gaps" just behind the second door.
Thanks.
rhodgreen,

Is it the A330-300 you're looking at or the A330-200? All the A330-200's are configured as normal in the forward cabin (45 seats at 35" seat pitch). It's only the centre and rear cabins that have the high density configuration for the summer. On short haul, the original TCX aircraft are used. Toilets are located at the rear of the foward cabin, hence that's where the blank panel is. All the seats in the forward cabin have a window.

Darren
Hi Darren,
A330-200.
I don't mean the premium cabin - I mean the front end of non-premium (looking at the pics you took on your trip to PUJ I'm guessing around the same area of the cabin?).
rhodgreen,

You mean at the front of the economy section, the centre cabin. Sorry, I thought you meant the rear of the forward cabin. There are window panels blanked due to the routing of cables and air cnditioning ducting, but they are partial views rather than no window at all. I was on row 14 on the long haul and that's a partial view with having half a blank panel and a window. With the seats 3 inches closer together on the short haul, there's less of a view so row 15 will have no view and 11/12. If you want to guarantee a wondow seat, just avoid the first 6 or 7 rows in the economy cabin.

Darren
I take it that IEF is non existant now - have to 'rent'PSP?

We fly to Larnaca from Glasgow on 15th June?
shoestring,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several. I would assume your flight is operated by a Boeing 757 so no IFE with portable players available for hire at £7.50 per flight.

Darren
hi dazbo..
this is the last question i promise!! do you know which plane we are on tomorrow? tcx 148 man-cancun...does it have the unique, downstairs toilets? and finaly, where is it arriving from?
ok thats 3 questions... ;)
Hi, Could you tell me which aircraft I will be on 26th May2011 MAN-ZTH please 7.00am. Thanks.
(Sorry dont have flight number to hand).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.