Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi there im flying with flythomascook 18th december and im worried that i havent confirmed my flight.Ive clicked on the link in the email they have sent,i will just give them a call just to make sure.I booked this holiday through Travel Republic so i suppose its a diy holiday.I was just wandering do i have to confirm the flight to travel back aswell and if so how do i do that,thanks all and Merry Christmas :)
Reconfirming flights is only to make sure there are no changes. You should have a phone number on your paperwork to ring for when you are away, but all I've ever done is go into the nearest hotel that has the relevant airlines guests, the night before departure, and check the pick up/flight times they've got on their information board. If there are any changes before you depart the UK, TR should let you know.
hi darren, flying to banjul from manchester on saturday tcx 2468, 2.25 departure could you please tell me where flight is coming in from to take us please.
thanks tracy
tracy37,

It should be TCX2356 from Sharm el Sheikh.

Darren
Hi I'm flying to hurghada tomorrow on flight tcx2518 could u tell me where the flight is coming in from?? Thank you
laura77,

It's the first flight out for that aircraft tomorrow (G-FCLH nomally). Have a great time :cheers :sun2

Darren
Hiya
I've off to Sharm on the 8th jan from EMA on TCX5512/3, returning on the 15th. Just wondered if anyone could tell me what aircraft we're likely to be on? Thanks!
chelle_375,

EMA-SSH-EMA (TCX5512/3) are operated by an Airbus A321-200 (G-TCDA is EMA based and normally operates it). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
hello,

just joined today. Booked to go to las vegas in july 2012, documents say we'll be on a330, is it likely to be the
a330-200 or a330-300. is there much of a difference.

thankyou.

:)
andreaB,

Welcome onboard :tup
Flights to LAS are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
It might be me being stupid, but if thomas cook fly to las vegas direct from manchester every wednesday why is there no flight info
on the Mccarron airport website or Manchester airport website. Is there somethingi dont know about!

:think
andreaB,

There are selected dates where there are no flights and it's not uncommon for charter flights not to be listed on schedules at major airports. You'll be informed by the airline if there are any changes to your flights, don't worry

Darren
andreaB
I have just had a look and Thomas Cook flights are listed on the Man Airport website.
andreaB,

Flights only operate from March - December, there aren't any flights at the moment. With the larger airports, it's not uncommon for charter flights to show on schedules as there are so many scheduled flights.

Darren
What happens if TC change airports? I am not expecting the company to crash, but in view of ther financial problems I think they could change their flights to some destinations. My nearest airport for Tunisia is Stansted which TC serves, but if they pull out of there and move flights to Gatwick would this be considered a major change, which would allow me to cancel? I know it is still a London Airport, but if I have to travel to Gatwick I prefer to fly with BA, who are not only quite a bit cheaper but have a decent luggage allowance included. I'm holding off from booking for a while as I don't want to get caught out. I would be grateful for any thoughts on this.
Aslemma,

Thomas Cook are fine, they won't go under and won't be changing airports. It's not that simple anyway. In order to use an airport, you need ground crews, agents, fuel, catering and cleaning contracts, runway slots etc in place, unless it's an emergency so you can't just change an airport. As for departure airports, no changes have been anounced and there are none on the grapevine either. If your departure point is changed, Stansted and Gatwick won't be considered a major change. Gatwick to Manchester would be, but the difference between Stansted and Gatwick isn't all that big. Don't worry though, it's unlikely to happen.

Part of the problem with all the negativity with Thomas Cook in the media is people are holding off booking with them. It's understandable, but is the last thing they need. If they don't get bookings, they will go under. They have the finance in place so things are fine at the moment. If I find the holiday I want for March, I'll be booking with them. You'll be fine. If it's the flight you want at the right price, go for it.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.