Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.

Hi bit stuck I am flying to Goa sat didnt know anything about flights stopping in Kuwait..how long do they stop for?

Also will I arrive Sunday in Goa at 10 am ?
MON2490/14JAN LGWGOI 1725.1000
MON2491/05FEB GOILGW 1200.1955

vegasone
just to confirm, this was the old timings of MON2490/2491:
depart LGW 18:50 arrive Dabolim 10:00am
depart Dabolim 12:00 arrive LGW 17:05

revised timings:
depart LGW 17:25 arrive Dabolim 10:00am
depart Dabolim 12:00 arrive LGW 19:55

So, it would seem to indicate that there is a 1.5 hour stop outbound and almost a 3 hour stop inbound as that is the difference between the old timings nad revised ones.

Someone on another forum has confirmed that they were not allowed to disembark and had to sit on the aircraft for that extra 3 hours.

I think these changes to LGW & MAN flights for a 8 week period may have been better received by passengers if the stopover had been in Bahrain where you can disembark, stretch your legs, maybe have a decent cup of coffee and shop in the Duty-Free.

I appreciate that Monarch are doing this for reasons that suit them but the reality is from a customer perspective that Monarch have (at pretty short notice) introduced this stop-over in Kuwait and as passengers are not allowed to disembark, that's a fair bit more discomfort in seats that some passengers find not that comfortable in the first place.

BUT, what has really hit some people is that they have made add-on travel arrangements by booking flights from and to other UK airports (e.g. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Belfast) and Dublin and even to the Channel Islands to get to their Goa flights from Manchester and Gatwick.

Most of those flights will be with low-cost carriers and they will have lost their money.

Aditionally, some people will be due back at work the following day and may not be back home in time.

Lost money on flights, a days pay lost, an irate boss - things not to be dismissed as lightly as Monarch appear to have done, imho.

As someone who has flown on the MON2490/2491 non-stop flights twice a year for at least the last 5 years and flown Monarch to quite a few Greek islands, I think Monarch have not 'covered themselves in glory' on this one.
Monarch chief quits

Monarch Group CEO Conrad Clifford is to step down from his role with immediate effect.

He had only been in the role for around 18 months.

A statement from the group said the process is well underway to find a replacement CEO.

In the meantime, executive chairman Iain Rawlinson will assume responsibility for the Monarch Group.

Rawlinson said: 'On behalf of the shareholders I would like to thank Conrad for the contribution he has made to the group this last year.

"He leaves with our very best wishes for the future. We are already engaged in the process of finding a replacement, with a strong focus on the airline growth plan, and unlocking the full benefits of Monarch being a unified travel group.

"The Group has made a satisfactory start to the new financial year, with the performance of our three operating divisions in line with the business plan.'

With permission from Travelmole
Hi Darren/experts,
I've booked my parents on a Monarch flight MAN-PFO-MAN (ZB634/5 12.9.12-26.9.12).
The website let me book their seats and on the seating plan I noticed there was a premium cabin, I assumed they would be on the A330.
Just been reading some recent posts here and noticed some of the older A300's have been fitted with a premium cabin now. Are both the A300's and the A330's now operating both short and long haul flights? Do you have the details for the flight above please?
Also, towards the rear of the seating plan, the lay-out changes from 3-3-3 to 2-3-2. I assume this section of the aircraft is narrower but does the seat pitch stay the same? I've booked them seats there as there are only two of them, so there is no stranger sat right to them.

Thank you in advance.
jmac,

MAN-PFO-MAN (ZB634/5) are operated by Airbus A300B4-605R. The A330's do the vast majority of long haul work. The A300's have been doing some long haul to Goa as the A330's are doing MOD charter flights through to March, hence the A300's are covering for them. When on short haul, the forward cabins are extra legroom seating only. It's not quite accurate to call them premium, they are just extra legroom. Towards the rear on the A300's, the seat pitch is the same as the other economy seats.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
jmac,

"Towards the rear on the A330's, the seat pitch is the same as the other economy seats."

Darren

Is the seat pitch towards the rear of the A300's also the same as the other economy seats? I'm sure that's what you meant but was just checking.
Thanks Darren
jmac,

Sorry, that was a typo. It should have been A300.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Early I know, but do you what aircraft will be operating between Gatwick and Rhodes, MON7014/5, on 13/20 June ?

Thanks in anticipation
zuperzenonm,

LGW-RHO-LGW (MON7014/5) are operated by an Airbus A321-200 normally, sometimes the larger A300B4-605R. I'll be able to confirm it after May. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
We flew back from Alicante to Manchester with Monarch on Tuesday evening. We always book a couple of aisle seats and this time we were in seats 7C and 7D. But the seats weren't opposite each other as they normally are. First time I've seen it but on the left (facing the cockpit) row 7 was next to row 6 on the right. All the row numbers were staggered by 1. So my friend was sat one row behind me across the aisle. Most bizarre. Just wanted to ask Dazbo if this is a common thing and which planes we should look out for that have this configuration. When we booked online, the diagram of seating didn't show this offsetting, it showed 7c and 7d being next to each other.
eviljock,

It's normal that seats are staggered slightly and aren't directly oposite each other. This is a design feature for quick egress. If seats are directly oposite each other, in case of emergency evacuation, passengers would jump out of their seats and meet in the isle. By having seats staggered, when passengers exit seat rows, they meet one behind the others so it's therefore quicker to evacuate. I've never seen seating staggered completely by one row number, I can only think it's the above that you've noticed.

Darren
eviljock,

You are correct in what you say. The row numbers are misaligned at the front of the aircraft on some of Monarch's A321's. The reason for this is that the galley at the front of the plane protrudes into the cabin and so whereas row 1 starts at the very front on the laft hand side, on the right hand side of the aircraft row 1 doesn't start until it is adjacent to row 2 on the left. This is only in this part of the cabin. The seating numbers are aligned at row 10 onwards.

Not really sure if there is any reason why the first row on the right hand side cannot be labelled as row 2 and so on so that there is parity.
Thanks for the clarification PartyBoy. If things re-align after row 10 then we'll book aisle seats a bit further back in future.
hi daz,

wondered if you can shed any llight on this,

i am trying to access monarch's web site and have no luck either on my laptop or on my iphone but i am getting prices up from other websites for monarch flights but would like to book with them direct as they may be cheaper.

any help would be welcomed

gregg
are you using http://www.monarch.co.uk ? I've just tried that website - working for me!
just tried it again on iphone and it worked - think i'll book via another web site as monarch comes out at £611.88 as thew others are £499 to turkey - its all the add on's !!

thanks for your help
I have booked a flight with Monarch to Alicante next week, I'm travelling on my own and have decided not to pre-book seats so do I just go to Monarch's desk as normal and get a boarding pass? Also doing it cheap have got myself a cabin bag to meet their requirements on size etc :wave: And a weighing tool LOL, all adds up with baggage and pre-booking seats.
littlemissgreedy,

Are you on a scheduled (ZB flight number) or charter (MON flight number) flight? If scheduled, you have the choice of regular check-in at the airport or online. If charter, check-in at the airport as normal.

Darren
Hi again it's a scheduled ZB flight departing Manchester at 7.15 am next Monday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.