Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Ferris Holidays
174 Posts
hello all as any of you tried the half board special with ferris if so how did you rate it, many thanx in advance
you get what it says on the tin.
they take you there, put you in a hotel of their choice, in a resort of their choice and feed you.
it is a great deal if you are not fussy about resort or hotel and just want a cheap holiday.
all the hotels are ok, just make sure you book for the platinum coach.
I have been on two ferris half board specials once I ended in the Hotel Hawii, Llorret and the other was the Sorra Dorada, Malgrat. Both are no longer in the brochure but were good hotels and excellent value for money.
The one to avoid is the all inclusive allocation on arrival, I can only speak for peak periods, but the first time we were allocated Los Pinos in Santa Susannah and last year the Olympic in Callella, the brochure price for the individual hotels are the same as the all inclusive special, you are unlikey to be placed in a more expensive hotel.
hi, thanks at least my minds resting a bit easier as we have booked half board special by ferris for sep and as its our first holiday abroad with our young and teens children i was a bit septical,but now with an open mind am just going to enjoy whatever happens,after all a holiday is what you make it as a family
I booked an A1 special last year and was disappointed with the hotel but in saying that, what we paid for it wasn't bad at all . It wouldn't put me off booking a Special again .
I have been informed that Ferris have refused to use the ferries this year, due to rising costs they do not wish to pass on to their customers. Has anyone used the channel tunnel with this company, what where your experiences, did you arrive in Spain any quicker. The Friday excursions are setting off three hours later this year, does anyone know the reason for this, do you think it is a better option.
My only experience of the tunnel was with Siesta years ago, and that was because we missed a ferry. It was a pleasant enough experience, but when you are travelling as far north as we were, you appreciate the break on the ferry
Im off to Calella in September with Ferris ( 7th time ) and staying at the Calella Palace.

Havent been there since they did it all up and renamed it.

Can anyone tell me what is like please ?

Regards,

Mark.
Haven't actually stayed in the hotel ,
but we have popped in for a drink, first impressions were ok , the swimming pool was way to small for the size of the hotel .
as its a H top hotel you can arrnage to eat out at other hotels in the chain ,
we were staying at the olympic and didn't like it at all , but used the Amaika , booked the bus to go to Pineda, and Lloret, also Malgrat .
The holiday will be what you make of it , have a great time when you go

Lynne.
As anyone used this type of holiday this year, if so it would be interesting to know which hotels and resorts have been allocated!
I am not travelling with Ferris this year, and have heard that he is not using the ferries for some reason. I always enjoyed the ferry as it broke up the travelling , having a walk around deck and a
sit down hot meal . Jusy want to say that i am missing the build up to my hols and even though i have booked next years holiday to Gran Canaria , i am going to hopefully book at least 1 week away with ferris next year, i love the costa brava.

Lynne
has any body heard that ferris may be re starting thier coach holidays to salou for next year,if so i will be over the moon
i have heared a rumour ferris may be resuming its salou route, but i read on this forum sombody actually speaks to mr ferris and maybe they can shed some light on this rumour,thanx in advance
Has anyone an opinion on the seating on Ferris Platinum Coaches. We go with them in September and We were wondering if the seats are comfortable and were you able to get any sleep.
We are in our fifties and have been on coach holidays with other companies,
Are ferris any good?
Hi and welcome to HT!

There are several topics on Ferris in our Costa Brava forum which you will find using the Search facility at the top of the page and HERE

luci :wave
hello ste

been with ferris a few times now and there seems plenty of leg room,always managed a good snooze aswell,take a pillow with you
hi all, we are travelling with Ferris this year, i contacted them about not using the ferry and this is correct, they are using Eurotunnell for forseeable future.
Hello me again, anyone know if we can drink alcohol on the coach, it would be nice to have a bottle of wine in the evening on the coach. Not long now getting excited. :cheers
i am not 100% sure but i think there is something written in the small print about the consumption of alcohol and taking hot foods on the coaches not being allowed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.