Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
I have no idea. I didn't go through my bill checking everything. It wasn't much. There are 4 of us and we drink a moderate amount, go on a couple of excursions, use a couple of taxis and charge a few things to our rooms. Our bill is never more than about £300 for 2 weeks. If you can afford to go to Lykia World you can afford the price of a few phone calls. If you are worried why not ask them before using the phone?
Yes thanks bridd it's just I have heard that hotels can charge ridiculous amounts for using room phones and we paid for our hol to Lykia with tesco vouchers which we saved long and hard for and not much cash towards it so it wasn't a case of "if we can afford to go to Lykia we can afford the phone bill" the reason we chose AI (sorry full board plus) was so we could reduce our spending money
Hi twinkletoes
If you dont mind me asking How much did u save with the tesco vouchers ?my in laws work for tescos and they would off set vouchers towards their hols.
I tried every year for the past 5 years for a hol to LW and just by luck travelcare came up with a cracking deal for me just before i was due to book another holiday. £2500 for family of 5. Im sure i wont get that price ever again .
Regards the phone costs Never you mind phoning home and just enjoy your holidays :tup
Thoroughly sad question - but will my GHD's work??? :think
Yes you just plug them into an adapter. However it was so hot there last year it became impossible to straighten mine and gave up after the second day!!
I don't know what you call ridiculous amounts for a phone call, but when I rang my parents from my room it was under a pound on my bill. I can't remember exactly how much it was. Seems reasonable to me. If you're going to be on the phone for ages it might add up but if you need a long chat there's the internet cafe.
We are leaving our 3 older sons at home :yikes that's the only reason I would want to ring home (would love to just totally forget about the UK!) but I didn't realise there was an internet cafe as that would be a much better way to contact them (seeing as they are never far from a computer lol!) I gather the internet cafe is actually in Lykia itself?
It's beside reception in the Residence
Hi all
This is my first post. I have been trying to read all the messages :tongue but cannot get through them.

Just looking for a few tips and questions answered please. I am travelling on May 12th - 26th (13 more sleeps :) ) I am going with my hubbie, 3 year old, 7 month old and my parents, one of whom has walking difficulties due to severe arthritis

I am staying in the residence in an interconnected room. Does anyone know where they are, whether you get views, balconys or what? What floor they may be on in the residence?. How many floors the residence has?

Will we be really squashed in our room with a cot and my three year old on whatever is provided for her, as well as us two? I believe the rooms are cat 4 in the residence if that helps.

I have emailed the hotel to tell them we may be bringing a wheelchair to help my mum get around and may need the rooms to be easily accesible, but how accessible may the rooms be anyway? We just don't want to lug one up the stairs or anything, just like a buggy really. Are there lifts etc?

On that note do you think she will need a wheelchair, or are the buses round the complex very good. The only time she uses a wheelchair normally is like round Disneyworld where it is all just too much for her. She gets around normally, just slowly.

Now the children... I can't see people talking much about baby facilities. I will need a fridge to store my expressed breastmilk so that I can take that milk to the creche for him when I am scuba diving. Is there a fridge available? Also is there a blender in the kids kitchen?

Anyone any experience of how their 3 year old found the kids club? Freya will be 4 in July so not a young 3. I assume she can go in either club 0-3 or 3-whatever the next age is? What kind of activities do the young ones do?

What is the dive school like? Anyone any experience of them?

How much are the massages there?

That is it for now, sorry about all the questions, (I did have more but I have found answers to a lot of my other questions!). Thanks in advance.

Chelle x
Hi
I can't help with the childcare questions much as mine are a lot older, but I know the baby kitchen is well equipped. There's also a self service laundry in the Residence which is handy if you have young kids.

The access in the residence is excellent. There are ramps everywhere and also lifts. The rooms you describe are all over the building. They are over 7 floors but easy to get to. Don't worry which floor they put you on. I like the high floors as they are quiet. They are quite good at putting you where you ask, so if you don't like your rooms, go back to reception and see what else they have. With interconnecting it might be harder. We always have adjacent - not interconnecting rooms and sometimes we end up with rooms facing each other across the corridor but that's fine for us. All rooms have decent size balconies and your view will probably be of the gardens, unless you have paid extra for a sea view.

The rooms are big with 2 beds pushed together and a sofa bed. You won't be squashed. When you arrive they will likely have the sofa bed made up in one room and the cot in the other but they won't care where you end up putting the cot. I think you will have enough room for the cot and the sofa bed in the one room if you want that. Theres a fridge in every room.

I think she might use her wheelchair. Although there are buses running, the hotel is built on a hill so she could get tired. There are ramps all over the grounds.

edited for rubbish spelling
  • Edited by bridd 2008-04-29 07:46:46
yes i agree with bridd theres a lot of walking about to do with the complex being so big and hilly, its a fair walk down to the beach downhill you can walk down or be pushed down but getting back up might be a bit more tricky, not sure if the bus goes down there. the bus does take you around the complex which is just as well as i think walking might be too much for her, a lot of the complex is on different levels, but you could try and stay within the centre area most of the time to avoid going up and down a lot. my daughter was 5 when we went to lykia but wouldnt join in with the clubs, my friends daughter who was 4 did and she did the weekly show they performed for everyone to see and seemed to enjoy the club, im sure you will have a fab time , it truly is a lovely place
Hi Ellie- the little buses do go to the beach. The bus goes down the hill, stops at the Marina then carries on to the beach bar where it turns round and goes back again. You can sit at the beach bar and wait for it in the shade with a drink, then get off halfway up the hill. I think there's a stop on the hill between the Village and the Residence, near the little bridge.
hey macjohnson - straighteners work fine plugged in with an adaptor but, like pamplemousse, I gave up with mine after the first try because after 5 minutes my hair began to squizzle up in the heat. Plenty of other people with very straight hair though ... wonder how they managed it? Perhaps they were russian ...

Hi scubachelle - I haven't stayed in the Residence so don't know about the rooms. We didn't use the baby kitchen but friends we met said they were very impressed with the facilities - I'm sure they used it to store milk in their fridge (though you know you have minibar in the room?) and for drinks and snacks (and nappies!), I think there was a microwave not sure about blender, and they used to take their little one to the "baby room" for a nap in a cot in the afternoon for an hour or so - nice and cool.

Our boy had just turned 5 when we went and did go to the "snoopies" kids club (3 - 6yrs). He didn't go every day and only a couple of hours at a time but he did enjoy it when he went. Played games in the mornings at the "Lykie Club" building, sometimes football or the play area up at Childrens Paradise. Played in the Lykie Club kiddie pool every early afternoon, then snacks and a drink, and then a film in the Lykie Cinema (nice and cool) late afternoon. He didn't go much in the evening - apart from rehearsals and performance of the Nemo Show where all ages from all clubs join in - even the little 3 yr olds (dressed as day glo orange anemones).

The baby room and the snoopies are in the same "Lykie Club" building. From what I can remember, there is a fairly shady sandy play area just outside the lykie club and between this play area and the little pool at the kids club there is also another pool suitable for babies (all these areas being fenced in) - you could grab a lounger at the baby pool with your 7mnth old and keep half an eye on your 4 year old in lykie club at the same time scubachelle.

Our friends who expressed an interest in going to LW this year have changed their mind and are going AI to Holliday Village Sarigerme instead :que . Think it had something to do with the cost :yikes but we know its worth it dont we ;)

anice
Also have a special tip for doeps - Lykia charges a fortune for their muffin tops - its much cheaper to bring your own from home :rofl :rofl :rofl
anice wrote:
Also have a special tip for doeps - Lykia charges a fortune for their muffin tops - its much cheaper to bring your own from home :rofl :rofl :rofl

:rofl

I'm liking the sound of all the walking around Lykia, perhaps it will shift some of the weight off me.

I paid the balance of my holiday last week, so that means it must be coming soon. I dont do ................. only so many sleeps to go.......... or I would probably be boring you all with the details :rofl One year I went on holiday on the wrong day. LOL. How we laughed. (not!)
My wife and two girls (10 and 11) and I are going to Lykia world on August 11th. We are staying in the Village in a large pool fronted room with balcony or terrace??? Does anyone know whether they are in fact "large" rooms or just the norm with extra beds. I only got confirmation of becoming a member of this site today after registering a good few days ago and have been itching to get some answers from some of you that have been before. I have read every review going (it seems) as I am really looking forward to going (even more than the mrs and kids) Basically we have been to so called four or five star places before and found them not to be, so found this in a brochure a few years ago but found that with the suplements we would be paying anything up to £7k so gave it a miss until getting some costs this year and had a result as the computer in the travel agents only added the supplements up for one night instead of the forteen, so paid it there and then in case they came back to us after finding their error (got it for just shy of £4.5k)

Any info would be appreciated.

Darren
Hi Darren
does your confirmation have a category? It would be a number between 1 and 6. They describe their category 2 and 3 as "large doubles". Cats 2 and 3 are in L, O or P block - nowhere near a pool. I've never heard of a pool fronted room in the village. The only pool near the village is one of the adult only pools, quite near T block, which are all family rooms (2 bedrooms, one shower room.)
I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever room you have.
Thanks Bridd. I cant seem to see any reference to category. When we booked it had letters abreviated "PF" so assume this is pool fronted. You seem to have the wealth of knowledge on this place so will probably pick your brain a little more as the time goes on if you dont mind. Have you or anyone else been in August? I am probably going to fry....
Do you que for ages for meals etc at this time of year? I can imagine it gets quite full.

Thanks
Darren
HI Darren
I'm racking my brains to think what PF might mean. It can't be pool front as there aren't any. Will keep thinking.
I've never been in August but I hear it's the hottest month. We used to go regularly in July and that was pretty hot and also busy so be prepared. You might have to queue a bit but there are so many places to eat and drink that if you are flexible and prepared to get there sharpish it shouldn't be a problem.
We actually gave it a miss last year so I wish some of the more recent visitors would chip in as my info is a bit out of date.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.