Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I don't know what your catering arrangements were/are SC, BB, HB, FB or AI :!:

But can I recommend the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel AI, I'm off there on 4th May.

Sorry can't help more, maybe its for the best it got canceled, if things weren't right. Better to find a nice place now before you go :) .

If you post your catering requirements & your other requests (mine has to be sea-view rooms & on beach front :lol: ) Also what areas you want, Marmaris or are you open to others. Then I'm sure people on here who know more will give you good advise.

Have a great hol, I'm sure you will. :D
Kim
hi kim, we want sc in marmaris,there is a wide range of ages goin so would prefer a hotel with entertainment for all ages,especially the kids youngest is 8. i am so worried that we are going to be limited to what hotels are available,i would imagine most will be fully booked or wont be able to cater for all 7 of us. :?
First of all, let me put your mind at rest.

I have had 2 holidays canceled & it turned out well both times. The first (years ago, firm called Intasun, gone bust now) was when we got off the plane (Rhodes) to be told that due to an overbooking we had to be put somewhere else. As there was 11 of us, this probably wasn't to easy for them & we got moved from a small basic hotel, to a really nice one :D . Second time (Portland) was a week before leaving we were told our planned hotel (Spain) was closing early & they would have to move us, they offered me Loret de mar, I said not likely & ended up in Tennerife in a much better hotel, hotel in Spain paid £1,200, value of Tennerife holiday £2,200. Oh & we got a small amount of compensation too. I didn't pay a penny extra :D .

So both times were good.

I don't know how things stand for you now, as you say as yet you have only paid deposit, does that mean you can have your deposit back & book elsewhere. Good bargaining tool.
I think if you pick a holiday of greater value you may not have to pay any extra :D & might even get compensation too. :lol:

Why don't you go to the First Choice web site, put in your dates, places you would like, the amount of people & any requirements, like centeral location, good for kids ECT. See what they offer you. Make a list & post all of them on her & people can then say if they know of any that are good :D or bad :(

Hope this helps
Kim
The alize is about a 5 min walk from the portabello - So no worries there. I have seen both of these places - and would say the Alize is far superior to the Portobello - Bite there hand off!!

LA
See what did I tell you :D

Both times I have been really happy about my moves :D

It's a shock at first, but can have a good spin on it. :wink:

Kim
If it is right that First Choice have pulled out of selling the Potobello then I had better ring my friend as they have booked to go October school holiday week. Thanks for the info. Di.
i stayed at the portobello last year, the club alize is directly opposite and is literally 2 minutes away! and it looked gorgeous too.
have to agree with leighanne and gembo. stayed at club alize last september and its great. they are 2 mins from portabello and look a lot better. we had a great 2 weeks and 2 of my sons are going back on 5th june for a week. the apartments are big. have you booked a 2 bedroomed apartment cos if so they have 2 bathrooms, one of which is ensuite. take them up on their offer, you will love it.
The club alize is a fantastic place.
and is near the portobello about a minutes walk away and it is about a five minute walk away to the beach.
lisaloo,

Very disappointing when you receive information like this as I imaginge you thought long and hard about booking the Portobello in the first place. As others have said though the Club Alize is a very good choice. It is indeed next door to the Portobello so you are in a good location for walking everywhere and also on a Dolmus route too. There have been reports that some of the accomodation in the Portobello left a wee bit to be desired while other rooms were fantastic. Who knows perhaps there is a silver lining here. Alize has a slide which is good. It's not as good as Portobello but from what I could see many people popped into the Portobello and used their slide now and again ... best of both worlds. Hope you get something sorted to your satisfaction.

Wilson :wink:
thanks for the advice, i have been to see the travel agents today and on the window it says the will price match any price even internet prices so i came home and priced up the club alize and have found it for £300 cheaper. i off to town first thing in the morning to rebook :D
I have just returned from the club alize. OH MY GOD it was fantastic! It's in a little town of it's own so although you are 10mins walk from the main bit you have loads to do in the area. I have a 3yr old so we didn't wanna trek for miles either. We only went into the main town a couple of times cos ther is everything you need close by.

I am in the process of booking again for September but we are looking at £1445 just for the 3 of us out of season which seems alot more than the price we paid in May. If we can't get it cheaper however i will still pay as it is FANTASTIC. Best holiday since my honeymoon and I've been all over to 5 stars in cuba, dominican, Cyprus, spain etc. I can't fault it.

Love nikki x[/b] :D
Hi Nikkichick, Glad you liked the Club Alize we will be there 13 weeks today, was the daytime entertainment good did they have the crazy dance and pool games like last year, try phoning the number on the back of the brochure you should get a cheaper price we did.
if you are offered club alize jump at it!. club Alize ias right next door to portobello and far superior. We stayed their last year and lots of guests from potobello were using our facilities. both complexes are about 5 min walk from nmain road and ten min from beach. WANT ANY MORE INFO LET ME KNOW
i have taken everyones advice and have booked the club alize :D i have been on their website and it looks great, is there plenty of stuff for the kids to do? i have a 14,12 and 8 yr old so the main things is to keep the fully occupied while i lounge around the pool all day :D
Lisaloo,

You have made a good choice. For the Kids ? well there is the pool of course with it's slide. There will be games on during the day they can join in. They have sort of cocktail games, e.g. trying to get ping pong balls into glasses, that sort of thing but changing all the time. There is internet access, pool tables, table tennis, Henna Tattoo ! Don't worry they will have a great time and of course in no time at all you will have them on first name terms with the bar staff so they can send over drinks whenever you want them ...

Wilson :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.